• 10(current)
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon
(2012-04-13, 14:11)fortyfive Wrote:
(2012-02-20, 00:13)bcmarauder Wrote: Is it possible for this old house be added to this plugin. I see that the shows are on the PBS website. Thanks for all your hard work. I love this plug-in.

Yes please I would also like to see This Old House, and Ask This Old House added. Thanks for all your hard work!

I would love to add it, but I'm kind of limited by the PBS API. It seems like the access given to me for this addon is only limited to a certain list of shows/programs and "This Old House" isn't one of them. I'll try and see if I can get some shows added.
How strange. Thanks for looking into it.
(2012-04-14, 05:51)stacked Wrote: I would love to add it, but I'm kind of limited by the PBS API. It seems like the access given to me for this addon is only limited to a certain list of shows/programs and "This Old House" isn't one of them. I'll try and see if I can get some shows added.

Interestingly enough I loaded the navi-x add on and it has access to This Old House. I don't know what they're doing that gives them access, but I thought I'd pass the info along. Thanks again for your add on.
This plugin is not working anylonger for me, seems to now just do the loading as usuall when clicked then it stops loading and does nothing, same as above but i have v2 from xbmx add ons. even uninstalled it and restated and no difference. eden final.
(2012-04-25, 20:59)fortyfive Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 05:51)stacked Wrote: I would love to add it, but I'm kind of limited by the PBS API. It seems like the access given to me for this addon is only limited to a certain list of shows/programs and "This Old House" isn't one of them. I'll try and see if I can get some shows added.

Interestingly enough I loaded the navi-x add on and it has access to This Old House. I don't know what they're doing that gives them access, but I thought I'd pass the info along. Thanks again for your add on.

The Navi-x addon uses a different method to get the videos. It uses their server to scrape and store the unencrypted video urls from PBS and then the addon pulls that information. This is something I won't do.

(2012-04-26, 13:08)MovieMaddd Wrote: This plugin is not working anylonger for me, seems to now just do the loading as usuall when clicked then it stops loading and does nothing, same as above but i have v2 from xbmx add ons. even uninstalled it and restated and no difference. eden final.

Working fine for me. Please post a debug log. Also, what section/video has the problem?
stacked,

I really appreciate all the effort you've put into this plugin. We haven't been using it long, but it looks like we'll be using it a lot.

Let me apologize ahead of time if I've set something up wrong, but I hit a script error when I tried to load the Nature directory. I would appreciate any light you might be able to shed on this.

http://pastebin.com/mC9uPPts

Thank you

Update
Stacked,
It looks like it was their website. It's working now.
While I was having a problem, I took a look at what was going on and it appears that they were sending 'None' for both 'video_data_url' and 'video_download_url' on one of their videos. That allowed find_videos to get to the bottom and try to use an invalid url.

Thanks again for all your work on this plugin. It's being enjoyed greatly.
If anyone has experienced any problems with this addon, please let me know. For example, if a certain video is not playing, please copy down the section and video title and post here.
Hi stacked,

PBS may have made a recent change that rendered some programs unplayable. One in particular is in the "Nature" series: "Cracking the Koala Code". Previous episodes, such as "The White Lion" play fine. I've attached a debug log below. One notable difference between these two episodes is that "Koala" is streamed from amazonaws.com; whereas, "Lion" is streamed from cloudfront.net.

http://pastebin.com/UnRkPYFL

Thanks for your offer to look into programs that aren't working.
(2012-06-21, 02:21)artrafael Wrote: Hi stacked,

PBS may have made a recent change that rendered some programs unplayable. One in particular is in the "Nature" series: "Cracking the Koala Code". Previous episodes, such as "The White Lion" play fine. I've attached a debug log below. One notable difference between these two episodes is that "Koala" is streamed from amazonaws.com; whereas, "Lion" is streamed from cloudfront.net.

http://pastebin.com/UnRkPYFL

Thanks for your offer to look into programs that aren't working.

Fixed. Blush It will be applied in the next update.

Anyone else having problems with something other than this issue?
Wow, that was quick! Can't wait for the next update to test. Thanks again for your help.
I've found two weird issues that don't seem to have been mentioned previously. Im running version 2.0 of the PBS-script and have tried reinstalling it to no avail.

1. When going into the programs menu and watching it load the different programs I get different numbers in the dialogue box about how many programs it finds. First it says 123 programs loaded, next time it said 183, then back to 130, then up to 169 and so forth. However when it changes to the program-results I still just see the programs starting from "0 to 5 in 30 Minutes!" down to "Explore PA". There is no option for Page 2 / Next Page shown so therefor I'm unable to reach programs like Frontline that is out of this scope.

2. When trying to work around problem mentioned above I've noticed that when I search for a program, frontline for example, it shows no list results. This happens independent of using list view, big list, thumbnails or any other view. However then cycling through to the next view manually reveals the correct results in all the different views.

Unsure where this script is set to log to so I'm unable to provide a pastebin readout for you but if you point me in the right direction I'd be happy to oblige. Or perhaps my XBMC installation is just broken. Thanks in advance.
Update: PBS 2.0.1

- Added more programs including PBS KIDS
- Fixed errors when playing videos
- Replaced icons and added fanart
- Added an option to allow other addons to play PBS videos
plugin://plugin.video.pbs?play=<video_id>
(2012-06-27, 16:37)stacked Wrote: Update: PBS 2.0.1

- Added more programs including PBS KIDS
- Fixed errors when playing videos
- Replaced icons and added fanart
- Added an option to allow other addons to play PBS videos
plugin://plugin.video.pbs?play=<video_id>

awesome thank you!
Thanks, stacked! I'm finally able to watch my Koala program on Nature. Smile
I'm struggling to play videos from "Keeping Score". Audio/video stutters.

http://pastebin.com/BcHVSbnV

Even if I try to play the video with my external player (MPC-HC64) with "play using", the core dvdplayer is loaded and fails to render the video as above.

Any help greatly appreciated!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon2