• 38(current)
[MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded
Huh, I've started experiencing crashes now with this skin presumably since the last update. XBMC runs fine if I change back to the standard Confluence skin and I get a pop up saying 'Erro - Confluence Mod update failed'?
You got a log file?
Update on my 4 clients was really smooth...anyone else with issues?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Here you go: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3523

If I click through to a menu the screen blacks out and when it returns to the home page all the options and buttons are blank and don't work so I have to minimise and close to exit.
(2012-06-01, 21:12)Thizizmyname Wrote:
(2012-06-01, 15:18)Devo7v Wrote: Just wondering if you've had any time to look at the tvtunes issue.

I'm at my phone so I don't know the exact names.
I've tried tv-tunes before and worked fine for me so I think I know what the problem is.
MM has a setting called something like "keep fanart visible when playing music" this is for music generally so you see the artists fanart instead of the visualisation.
I would guess this setting unchecked is interfering (or actually lack thereof) with tv-tunes.
Try checking that setting and see if that fixes things if so, MM maybe can make a fix that is independent of that setting when he know where to look.

This definitely fixed the problem, but now the visualization doesn't show when music is playing as you stated. I agree that the setting should be independent for TVTunes, hopefully MM will fix it since I have no idea where to even start.
I have searched everywhere to find an answer to this question (which I know has to have been asked before). What files/lines do I need to modify to lower the Main Menu on the default Confluence skin to get it where the modified mad-max skin has it? I tried modifying the posy settings for control 9000 in Home.xml, but all I ended up with was a totally messed up menu. Also, where do I get rid of the floor.png?
Thx

nevermind... I found the answer here:[link]http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114405[/link].
What is the easiest way to add the file manager to the shutdown button at the bottom left of the home menu? That way I could remove 'system' from the menu bar making confluence a bit more kid friendly. Thanks.
Refresh my memory please...

I tried this (and mudslinger's mod) back in late March/April when moving from XBMC 10 to 11, but got frustrated by the change and reverted back.

Also reported some bugs in this thread in page 43 that are now "fixed" according to mad-max, but I haven't tried XBMC 11 since then.

So, refresh my memory, as I forget which mod had the supprot, and which didn't.

The ability to break down my "video" collection using "playlists", and then displaying the "playlists" as their Own Direct Item on the FRONT PAGE is critical to me.
I had spent hours and hours customizing XBMC 10 to get it done, and I am wondering if this mod supports MANY playlists on home page, or just a fixed # (2?3?4?5?)

For example, this breakdown would be just for the "Movies"

- Collection
- Unseen Movies
- 1970s & Earlier
- Western
- Musicals (Greece, Mama Mia, Sound of Music, etc)
- Movies for Family
- Animated
- ChickFlicks

Then the same kind of PALYLIST breakdown concept would be applied to TV Shows as well.

Will this mod handle that? I'll have a bit of time next week to try XBMC 11 (and the mods again...) So I want to sit down, get it fully fixed.
Currently this MOD takes 2 playlists and 2 favourites...
If you need more, you might check "yet another mod"...there we support more than two...
(2012-06-26, 22:13)mad-max Wrote: Currently this MOD takes 2 playlists and 2 favourites...
If you need more, you might check "yet another mod"...there we support more than two...

Thanks for the confirmation max! Sad

I had a PM that directed me to this link:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1063295

As the developed of this mod, Is that not recommended then?
It depends on your machine...
As the post said, the MOD is intended to run on low powered machines like ION/ATOM combo...
If you have something more powerful, you can add way more items without loosing speed...

mad-max
(2012-06-27, 09:20)mad-max Wrote: It depends on your machine...
As the post said, the MOD is intended to run on low powered machines like ION/ATOM combo...
If you have something more powerful, you can add way more items without loosing speed...

mad-max

Right now... core i7 920 stock (2.6ghz) - 6gb of ram... so i assume I should be fine there.

But I intend on building a PC strictly for HTPC (probably a dual/triple core) thats NOT ION/ATOM

What would you say the minimum would be to enhance it without seeing performance drop?

What about the other thread that supports more without "coding"? Would that affect performance too?

Thx
Yes, that would affect performance, if you have a lot of playlists...
I have an A6-3500 with 4GB RAM and coded 8 playlists in there for personal use and did not see any
slow downs...
Never tested anything else...so it might be worth trying it Big Grin

mm
You can notice the scripts are slowing down by watching the playlist stats on the lite MOD, sometimes they take a second or two to show. Also the log shows how long each query is taking and depending on the playlist I've see a two second query time.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

I'm really loving this mod!

There was a small tweak that I wanted, so I attempted to make it myself, and I think I succeeded. I think this is in the list of things to add, so I thought I'd share. I know that my fix may be kind of dirty so please be gentle as it's my first time messing with XBMC skin modification in any capacity. I hope this helps someone else as I've been trying to figure this out on my own.

I watch 3D movies on my XBMC (OpenELEC) device and I wanted to have icons for 3D in the overlays for videos. So in the /720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml file, I added the following at line 37:

Code:
        <control type="image">
            <description>3D</description>
            <width>80</width>
            <height>35</height>
            <aspectratio align="left">keep</aspectratio>
            <texture>flagging/video/3D.png</texture>
            <visible>[substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,3D) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,sbs)] + !Skin.HasSetting(HideFilenameFlagging)</visible>
        </control>

Of course, I added a small image for the 3D icon (flagging/video/3D.png) that I borrowed from another post on this forum (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid906213). This seems to have worked well, but there are two issues that I still have with this:

1.) The icon for trailers (/media/flagging/trailers.png) now is stacked on top of other icons for certain films where there are numerous overlays. I tricked it into disappearing by renaming the file for now, but it's obviously a fix that is outside of my league.

2.) I'm rather fond of fanart view for movies, and I'd like to figure out a way to add the flagging/video/3d.png file at the end of the filename or add "(3D)" to the filename automatically.

3.) Clearly, the image doesn't match the others, but that's way out of my league Smile

The reason why I would like this is because I have a Mitsubishi 3D DLP and I have to change a few settings to view my 3d .mkv files and while I know which movies are 3d, other people who use the machine don't.

Any help that might assist in clearing up these dilemmas would be great. Thanks again for all your hard work on this! It's excellent.
Hi Max,

I agree with sdk7, 3D mod for views would be great idea, how hard is for us to do?

steph

(2012-06-28, 18:35)sdk7_25 Wrote: I'm really loving this mod!

There was a small tweak that I wanted, so I attempted to make it myself, and I think I succeeded. I think this is in the list of things to add, so I thought I'd share. I know that my fix may be kind of dirty so please be gentle as it's my first time messing with XBMC skin modification in any capacity. I hope this helps someone else as I've been trying to figure this out on my own.

I watch 3D movies on my XBMC (OpenELEC) device and I wanted to have icons for 3D in the overlays for videos. So in the /720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml file, I added the following at line 37:

Code:
        <control type="image">
            <description>3D</description>
            <width>80</width>
            <height>35</height>
            <aspectratio align="left">keep</aspectratio>
            <texture>flagging/video/3D.png</texture>
            <visible>[substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,3D) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,sbs)] + !Skin.HasSetting(HideFilenameFlagging)</visible>
        </control>

Of course, I added a small image for the 3D icon (flagging/video/3D.png) that I borrowed from another post on this forum (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid906213). This seems to have worked well, but there are two issues that I still have with this:

1.) The icon for trailers (/media/flagging/trailers.png) now is stacked on top of other icons for certain films where there are numerous overlays. I tricked it into disappearing by renaming the file for now, but it's obviously a fix that is outside of my league.

2.) I'm rather fond of fanart view for movies, and I'd like to figure out a way to add the flagging/video/3d.png file at the end of the filename or add "(3D)" to the filename automatically.

3.) Clearly, the image doesn't match the others, but that's way out of my league Smile

The reason why I would like this is because I have a Mitsubishi 3D DLP and I have to change a few settings to view my 3d .mkv files and while I know which movies are 3d, other people who use the machine don't.

Any help that might assist in clearing up these dilemmas would be great. Thanks again for all your hard work on this! It's excellent.

Acer revo 3700 with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded4