get movie id from imdbnumber json rpc
I'm trying to figure out how to get the xbmc movie id from the json api.

I haven't done much with json rpc before but I have the following so far:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "items": {"imdbnumber": "tt1232829"},"id": "1"}

This seems to be retrieving all the movies instead of ones that match by imdbnumber, is there something I'm doing wrong?
VideoLibrary.GetMovies get all movies. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON-RPC_API/v4 and JSONRPC.Introspect for commands and options.
Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Introspect", "params": { "filter": { "id": "Player.Seek", "type": "method" } }, "id": 1 }
as an example of just viewing a single methods info.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
What version of XBMC are you using? Considering the request you posted and the statement that it worked leads me to guess that you use Dharma (10.0)? If you want to use JSON-RPC you really should update to Eden (11.0).

Concerning your specific question for only retrieving the movie with a specific imdbnumber, this is not possible right now (neither in Dharma nor in Eden). JSON-RPC does not yet have a filtering functionality for these calls which let you specify certain conditions an item has to meet. But this will be added in the future (probably as part of my GSoC project).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
im using a nightly of frodo, hope to see that functionality added in the future.

What exactly is your GSoC project aimed at, any links, im curious to read up
It's about advanced filtering options in the library views (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127885). While this is primarily focused on filtering in the GUI I hope that I can also introduce a similar functionality (probably with even more possibilities) to JSON-RPC.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
So it would seem that filtering was added into Frodo but if I understand correctly this is still not possible to do directly. That is to say, there is no way to return the movieid for an item in the movie table given the IMDB id using a single JSON call. The only option is to use VideoLibrary.GetMovies to get all of the movies (or some filtered subset) and then cycle through them to find the one you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
get movie id from imdbnumber json rpc0