• 37(current)
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)
Raspbmc does CEC out of box
(2012-06-22, 01:33)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Raspbmc does CEC out of box

Half the truth, It is using rpi-cecd. If it works depends on what TV you use. LG is calling their CEC implementation SIMPLINK. That variant for example isn't supported by rpi-cecd. I think you didn't know that fact that CEC != CEC.
What do I have to do to make CEC work on my new LG tv? Any links? I've just receieved my pi and installed raspmc...
(2012-06-22, 08:36)sstavross Wrote: What do I have to do to make CEC work on my new LG tv? Any links? I've just receieved my pi and installed raspmc...

Either implement the LG support in rpi-cecd or wait until someone is doing it.
Gimli I know this.

But I also know that while CEC is a standard some devices are 'more' compliant than others. It is loosely defined
I learned that LG's CEC implementation is borked when I bought a PulseEight adapter. It mostly works with my LG, but functionality is limited. There's an effort by the PulseEight group to work with LG, from what I've seen on the boards, but I don't know how far that's gotten.

I was more interested for the RPi on my Sony LCD that I'll be using it with. I'm hoping it works better than the LG.
(2012-06-09, 17:47)mcluki99 Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 12:52)krish_2k4 Wrote: most of my 1080p movies are like 10-15gb, has anyone tested to see if those large files playback smoothly?

can't find anything on youtube as they just say "here is the mkv of blah blah running ok" without any proper information on the files!

I'm not able to play 1080p flawless from 100mbit SMB shares. 720p files work perfect, but 1080p keep buffering once every two seconds.
With my computer I can play those files (with vlc) even via WiFi 54MBit.

Alle files are h264, some 2.0 some 5.1 audio, doesn't change anything.

I'm running OpenElec 20120607081449-r11263 at the moment.

100 Megabit SMB

Thats like says I have a fast scooter.

SMB has a maximum throughput of 30 MBps

Might want to re-work your networking buddy becuase your on one of the most inefficient forms of file transferring besides FTP.

HINT: NFS

Prove me wrong. I dare you.
(2012-06-30, 00:50)AndrewWiggin Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 17:47)mcluki99 Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 12:52)krish_2k4 Wrote: most of my 1080p movies are like 10-15gb, has anyone tested to see if those large files playback smoothly?

can't find anything on youtube as they just say "here is the mkv of blah blah running ok" without any proper information on the files!

I'm not able to play 1080p flawless from 100mbit SMB shares. 720p files work perfect, but 1080p keep buffering once every two seconds.
With my computer I can play those files (with vlc) even via WiFi 54MBit.

Alle files are h264, some 2.0 some 5.1 audio, doesn't change anything.

I'm running OpenElec 20120607081449-r11263 at the moment.

100 Megabit SMB

Thats like says I have a fast scooter.

SMB has a maximum throughput of 30 MBps

Might want to re-work your networking buddy becuase your on one of the most inefficient forms of file transferring besides FTP.

HINT: NFS

Prove me wrong. I dare you.

sorry to digress but Smb has a max throughput?? Where did u get that?
And even if it did, don't think his 1080p video has a bit rate greater than 30 MBps (240mbps)

FTP is the most inefficient file transfer protocol?? It is one of the most efficient.

Returning to the original problem, u might want to try Nfs as suggested but before that maybe use something like iperf to see if the problem is with the physical components.
Set AV Sync to Audio Clock
Worked for me OpenElec r11440

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
@humla: maybe AndrewWiggin means the transfer rate is limited by available CPU. High SMB rates do take a lot of CPU. Copying files between our servers over gigabit ethernet we routinely see average transfer speeds around 100MBps so there is certainly no fundamental limit.

Anyhow, doesn't the Pi have 100MHz NIC? So you wouldn't get much faster than 10MBps whatever the protocol.
i think i finaly get my pi to work with my 1080p mkv's without problem i have change settings in xbmc in system -> VIdeo from 60hz to 24 and now my videos are not stuttering Wink
Hi!

I have received my pi about two weeks ago and I have tested it with both raspmc and openelec. I am a music guy and to my dissapointment, I can't play .ape files!( monkey audio). In another forum someone wrote that the decoder for this format is free but that has someone to put it in xbmc. Where can I request to, so this format will be availiable to xbmc for pi?

Your best bet would be convert them to flac. You could just write script to convert all your collections.

(2012-07-04, 10:21)sstavross Wrote: Hi!

I have received my pi about two weeks ago and I have tested it with both raspmc and openelec. I am a music guy and to my dissapointment, I can't play .ape files!( monkey audio). In another forum someone wrote that the decoder for this format is free but that has someone to put it in xbmc. Where can I request to, so this format will be availiable to xbmc for pi?

(2012-07-04, 10:21)sstavross Wrote: Hi!

Mind uploading a debug log showing the issue using pastebin or any other similar site?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Try playing your .ape file using mplayer from the command line (if using Raspbmc RC3 then choose Exit and wait for the white screen ... then hit Esc)
If it works then it should be possible to set-up a custom playercorefactory.xml and associate .ape with mplayer and hopefully things should work.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)11