[DROPPED] Google Listen (Audio) Add-on
Queeup, thank you so much! The icons are perfect and really adds to the display. The descriptions aren't quite right though. Let me show you what I'm looking for.

The Comic Geek Speak Podcast. If you look at the most recent episode, The title, "1180 - The "Second Wave" of DC Comics' New 52", is what you're displaying. That's fine but I would like to see "DC Comics recently announced they are cancelling six titles that were part of their relaunch back in September and replacing them with six new ones. We go over both the coming and going books. (59:20)" is what I would to see displayed, and it is that part that I'm calling the summary.

Also, loading the media info is taking a long time, as much as a minute or two, so you may need to optimize your code a little.

Thanks a ton for being so easy to work with, and I look forward greatly to your next update!
Win7 Ultimate SP1 64 Bit, XBMC v11.0 Eden PVR beta 1, MP 1.2.2 w/ 4TR 1.6.0.1, Intel i5 2500k, ASRock P67 Extreme4, WD7501AALS 750GB (Boot), WD5000AAKS 500GB (3, Storage), WD20EARS 2TB (Storage), Lite-On iHOS104-06, G. Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3-1600 CL6 4GB, Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI GTX 460, Hauppauge Colossus (2), Realtek ALC892, Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze, HP w2007 20.1" LCD (Primary), Dynex DX-46L260A12 46" 1080p LCD (Secondary), NZXT Tempest, Harmony One
hmmm loading times not problem here. Just 3-5 sec. Maybe on your settings per page items to high?
You are correct Sir! I had it set for 100. It now is as you posted, 3-5 seconds.
Win7 Ultimate SP1 64 Bit, XBMC v11.0 Eden PVR beta 1, MP 1.2.2 w/ 4TR 1.6.0.1, Intel i5 2500k, ASRock P67 Extreme4, WD7501AALS 750GB (Boot), WD5000AAKS 500GB (3, Storage), WD20EARS 2TB (Storage), Lite-On iHOS104-06, G. Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3-1600 CL6 4GB, Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI GTX 460, Hauppauge Colossus (2), Realtek ALC892, Seasonic M12II-620 Bronze, HP w2007 20.1" LCD (Primary), Dynex DX-46L260A12 46" 1080p LCD (Secondary), NZXT Tempest, Harmony One
I am glad you solve speed issue. Ok for other request I have to change many lines on code. I know what you want but this is audio add-on and no description showing on music folders. It's XBMC issue. For example look at my Miro add-on. It's video add-on and all descriptions available because of skins and XBMC.
Hmm. Perhaps then, you could add these enhancements to your Boxee plugin? Up to now, that's the add-on I've used. It's a video add-on, so it's should be much easier for you to do these. What do you think?
Yea unify all this things one plugin is a good idea. Audio, Video support. Local and Google database store etc. I will think about it.
just wanted to Thank you! this is very nice....Nod
Seems to work pretty well, thanks Smile

Is there possibly some way to do something similar with videos/VidCasts?
I have a few subscriptions that are video-only, like Hak5, that I've subscribed to via my GoogleReader, but that obviously won't be supported by the audio-only Listen
You can try Miro add-on for video feeds. I am planning unify video&audio in one add-on but I don't know when.
yea.... should work nicely.

Cheers

- J
I love the plugin. It works great on my PC XBMC. I tried to load it on my AppleTV setup but it does not show up in the repository like on the PC. Does this mean AppleTV is not supported?

Thanks. Again, great plugin!
Sorry I can't help you about that. I don't have AppleTV. Code is here :https://github.com/queeup/plugin.audio.google.listen

Maybe somebody else help you to solve. Also everbody can send pull request Smile
Thanks ,queeup Big Fans of your "Google Listen" addon, just one problem
I am using a remote VRC-1100
http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/e/e2/Remote-VRC1100.jpg

While the podcast is playing , I like to use seek skip function (Up down, left right) it work on video, but not really on podcast, and pause not really work (when pause, the stream stop and back out , have to start over, some podcast is 2 hours !!) , how to fix it ?

Many thanks for this queeup! Awesome addon.

I too was unable to access this addon from your repo on openelec. I'm not sure why that is, but adding the addon on it's own worked great.

In fact, somehow your addon is better than accessing listen podcasts with google reader! as google reader only shows the last month of podcasts, but yours seems to go back endlessly (I'm not even sure how, as the rss feeds typically only go back 10 episodes).

I noticed a few typos of 'sign in' as 'sing in'. But otherwise everything is brilliant.
I do request if it's at all possible, the ability to mark items as watched/read. I see the option but it doesn't do anything, and I have such a bad memory, I never know the last episode I listened to.
(2012-07-05, 22:04)katmandu42 Wrote: I love the plugin. It works great on my PC XBMC. I tried to load it on my AppleTV setup but it does not show up in the repository like on the PC. Does this mean AppleTV is not supported?

Thanks. Again, great plugin!

Solution: It was not showing up in the repository on ATV2 but the plugin .zip file from your page installed just fine. Great work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DROPPED] Google Listen (Audio) Add-on1