XBMC with apple tv 2
I find that I already have everything I need without any need for a NAS or sickbeard/couchpotato usenet solutions due to add-ons like 1Channel and navi-x.
Have you heard about powerline networking?. That is faster than wi-fi. My modem and router and media server (amahi) is in the basement which always on, my appleTV is in the main receiving room, desktop (win7 running xbmc on my kids rooms), appletv on master bedroom and an HTPC on the Rec room. They're all using powerline networking, no cabling and local/online streaming is fast.

if you don't like your local streaming source to be on all the time and you want online streaming, install 1Channel addons, its better than icefilms.
So help me. Assuming i have a Apple TV with xmbc, can i directly stream movies from a network drive (wired/wireless) directly to HDTV, without having a mac (or windows running iTunes) in between?
Something of this kind is possible through western digital...
(2012-07-15, 06:31)dchandok Wrote: So help me. Assuming i have a Apple TV with xmbc, can i directly stream movies from a network drive (wired/wireless) directly to HDTV, without having a mac (or windows running iTunes) in between?
Something of this kind is possible through western digital...

Yes, it's a full install of XBMC. See iOS FAQ (wiki) and the general XBMC FAQs linked on that page.
(2012-04-02, 19:48)go501 Wrote: Have you heard about powerline networking?
But you have to be carefull with that since this may trigger other problems. The solution is quite good, if you have everything in place. But you need to know how your house is wired. I for one have two different power-cycles for my living room and the rest of the rooms, since my actual router is connected in the living room, I couldn't use powerline networking easily...
Just an example, but you have to be on the lookout.
You _can_ have problems with interference, noisy powerlines, etc. - in the end it totally depends on the wiring in your home.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with apple tv 20