Win Nightly don't memorise screen settings
I don't know if issue is Windows specific or not, but between the 06/02 and 06/09 something broke the screen settings.
Now, each time XBMC starts, it resets the screen setings (part were you select position of border, subtitles and ajust the visual square), and don't save/remember them.
Same problem here. I tried to change the subtitle position directly in the guisettings.xml file, but it's reset to 1042 when xbmc starts.
And switching to screen #2 doesn't works.
(WINDOWS) There are otlher error : ín ISO or Bluray folders, external subtiltes is no longer being read,by native player XBMC, only internal subtitles work fine in Frodo, well please fix this too.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
yep..i have 3 screens..wanted to report the bug few days ago, butr didn't
newest nightly (since last wekk thursday i think) doesn't remember screen settings:

it's always on first screen and resolution gets lost as well!
The bug is known (i.e. I have tracked it down myself) and was caused by some restructuring of XBMC's startup process. A good solution (i.e. not a hack) is still being discussed.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I've got the same here, using a second screen. the Log suggests it does detect the screen correctly, registering all available resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 (panasonic tv) but i'm unable to make it switch to the second screen by itself. Running on "projector only mode" in windows lets me run xbmc on the screen correctly, with the correct settings. When selecting expanded mode and selecting the 2nd screen in xbmc settings, i'm also unable to select any resolution higher then 1440 x 900 (laptop main screen resolution). Hope you guys can figure out how to fix it Smile good luck and if you need help with logs or anything, let us know Smile
Same here, it appeared since nightly build of 06/06. I use screen permutation on Ati CCC to get XBMC on my TV.

Keep up the good work.
Second screen is working after jun 16, but the screen calibration settings are not memorized.
Glad to hear at least it isn't just me, and anxiously awaiting a resolution. I use this feature to size the dashboard to my 2.125:1 aspect ratio projection screen, and keep both Cinemascope and 16:9 movies scaled within the screen's boundaries. Worked great in Dharma, but now in the nightlies, it forgets the settings, so I have to adjust the dashboard size every time I restart, and adjust for individual titles.
One month since it started, discussion is realy taking long...
Anyone know if has been fixed yet?
Not yet at least the 22/07.
Haven't seen anything in the commit since something wich seems to fix it...Sad
now, the screen calibration completely broken after commit 1b0360eba2 (pieh/no_longer_focusable)
This is getting better and better...Confused
(2012-07-30, 23:12)lash78 Wrote: now, the screen calibration completely broken after commit 1b0360eba2 (pieh/no_longer_focusable)
fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/e444...2bbe5b7213
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly don't memorise screen settings0