• 5(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
It says download eden + rc 2
When i click the link i see 4 files.. Can i pick the final instead of the eden plus rc2?

(2012-08-14, 08:19)Skank Wrote: It says download eden + rc 2
When i click the link i see 4 files.. Can i pick the final instead of the eden plus rc2?
You can try it, but I never try it yet. The only one I installed is "HDAudio + Eden RC2", and it work fine on all my HTPC's.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
hey bluray which xbmc version should i use that have PVR capabilities as well?
(2012-08-14, 22:17)ibramadhan Wrote: hey bluray which xbmc version should i use that have PVR capabilities as well?
I'm not familiar with XBMC+PVR option.....

Does anyone know if i can add the option to the xbmc PVR build i have?
does the latest Nighlie have PVR capabilites? To reword my question.
Really wanna bitsteam but not at the cost of live tv.
(2012-08-18, 04:17)ibramadhan Wrote: does the latest Nighlie have PVR capabilites? To reword my question.
Really wanna bitsteam but not at the cost of live tv.
If you create a new thread, you might get faster response........

For me, I use 7MCE for live TV. Here is how I do it- post #751.....

I just upgraded to this from the DS player trunk because I wanted to be able to play full blurays.
i'm on the HDAudio + Eden 11.0 final.
At the same time of upgrading I also switched to a SQL server db on the server so my two xbmc installs can share the library.

Everything works smoothly but when I pause and then resume, the audio stutters. The only thing that helps is X + restart
(2012-08-26, 12:02)daffeh Wrote: i'm on the HDAudio + Eden 11.0 final.
Everything works smoothly but when I pause and then resume, the audio stutters. The only thing that helps is X + restart
I'm not sure about the version you use, but the version I listed in the 1st post work okay on my system.....

Could it caused by stuffs in DSplayer?

I tried this out today after doing some research on how to possibly get HD audio through XBMC. Thanks very much for the helpful guide! I did everything that was stated on the first post and have had mostly good results except for one thing it seems. All my audio seems to play fine except for TrueHD audio. When I play a movie with TrueHD a message that my it "failed to initialize my audio device". It looks like the video plays fine but I get no audio. So then I tried the other "XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip" and that was a bit worse. I still got all other audio except TrueHD but on this version the video stuttered horribly and even if there was audio it would be unwatchable.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or having a similar issue? I can't wait till XBMC can finally just play HD audio normally without these band-aid patched and stuff. I only wish I was smart enough to do it myself Confused

I suppose I should mention my system specs.

Intel i7 920
Asus P6X58D Premium
ATI HD5870
Denon 2311CI
(2012-08-28, 07:56)buffalofloyd Wrote: I tried this out today after doing some research on how to possibly get HD audio through XBMC. Thanks very much for the helpful guide! I did everything that was stated on the first post and have had mostly good results except for one thing it seems. All my audio seems to play fine except for TrueHD audio. When I play a movie with TrueHD a message that my it "failed to initialize my audio device". It looks like the video plays fine but I get no audio. So then I tried the other "XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip" and that was a bit worse. I still got all other audio except TrueHD but on this version the video stuttered horribly and even if there was audio it would be unwatchable.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or having a similar issue? I can't wait till XBMC can finally just play HD audio normally without these band-aid patched and stuff. I only wish I was smart enough to do it myself Confused

Intel i7 920
Asus P6X58D Premium
ATI HD5870
Denon 2311CI
If you haven't update AMD latest driver, you can update it from here- AMD Driver Autodetect.....if you happen to install Realtek, you can un-install it.....

@blu-ray - please put in your first post here a link to the support thread for DanielaE's patch and a note to either ask here or in that thread for support.

With two different "HD audio" versions out there and Frodo soon to be released this will make support difficult. People need to know that the version you have linked to is *not* dev supported for updates, etc. No new features will be added to that code, and back-porting them is almost impossible.

It's a great and quite stable patched version, so for many folks it's a good option, but for those who want new features and updates it's a bit of a dead-end.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-08-28, 21:21)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 07:56)buffalofloyd Wrote: I tried this out today after doing some research on how to possibly get HD audio through XBMC. Thanks very much for the helpful guide! I did everything that was stated on the first post and have had mostly good results except for one thing it seems. All my audio seems to play fine except for TrueHD audio. When I play a movie with TrueHD a message that my it "failed to initialize my audio device". It looks like the video plays fine but I get no audio. So then I tried the other "XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip" and that was a bit worse. I still got all other audio except TrueHD but on this version the video stuttered horribly and even if there was audio it would be unwatchable.

Intel i7 920
Asus P6X58D Premium
ATI HD5870
Denon 2311CI
If you haven't update AMD latest driver, you can update it from here- AMD Driver Autodetect.....if you happen to install Realtek, you can un-install it.....

Yep, you are a genius. I had Realtek ATI HDMI Audio driver installed. I forgot that bit. I uninstalled it and installed the version from ATI and all works wonderfully now. I thank you so much. I eagerly await Frodo to see what it offers... should be tremendous Big Grin

And thank you DDDamian for your hard work on the AE. I have been following that thread as well but am too scared to try the nighties. I will await the official release. Keep up the great work Big Grin
(2012-08-29, 03:50)buffalofloyd Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 21:21)bluray Wrote:

Intel i7 920
Asus P6X58D Premium
ATI HD5870
Denon 2311CI

Yep, you are a genius. I had Realtek ATI HDMI Audio driver installed. I forgot that bit. I uninstalled it and installed the version from ATI and all works wonderfully now. I thank you so much. I eagerly await Frodo to see what it offers... should be tremendous Big Grin
That is < Big Grin > what we want to see.....Nod

(2012-08-29, 01:16)DDDamian Wrote: @blu-ray - please put in your first post here a link to the support thread for DanielaE's patch and a note to either ask here or in that thread for support.
I'm trying to make it easy for new user, and I'm trying not to confuse them with so many versions. I know the version in the 1st post works in all my HTPC's and others......

I added a simple note at the bottom of the 1st post.....

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8