• 7(current)
Win HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)
(2012-09-09, 13:32)angrycamel Wrote: Great feedback. Thanks. I'll take a look at that stuff in my next round of changes.

I may start spending some time on a hdhomerun pvr addon instead here real soon. I've been getting familiar with the pvr addon API. It doesn't look too complicated and frankly, I would love to see something for live tv only that doesn't require a backend. How about you?

+1

I would love a way to use my hdhomerun with the pvr besides using mythtv. I used mythtv but had a few issues that prevented me from full time use, but those may be fixed in the future.
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
I have VLC installed but no luck getting the stream builder app to run
What steps did you do to get it to run?

(2012-09-09, 06:27)Dilligaf Wrote: Tried V0.5 and it won't launch. V0.3 launches OK. Do I need to install something? Maybe VLC (it just came to me).......off to install.

EDIT: That did it

That would be real cool, where the HDHomerun is the backend.
(2012-09-09, 15:07)macrho Wrote: I have VLC installed but no luck getting the stream builder app to run
What steps did you do to get it to run?

(2012-09-09, 06:27)Dilligaf Wrote: Tried V0.5 and it won't launch. V0.3 launches OK. Do I need to install something? Maybe VLC (it just came to me).......off to install.

EDIT: That did it

Just unzipped it and double clicked the .exe Really I did nothing other than install VLC. It's a fresh Windows install. Try rt click and Run as Admin

If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2012-09-09, 19:43)Dilligaf Wrote: Just unzipped it and double clicked the .exe Really I did nothing other than install VLC. It's a fresh Windows install. Try rt click and Run as Admin

No such luck, from event viewer (not sure what directory is being looked for)

Fault bucket 3247494456, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: hdhomerun stream builder.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 504bcc7f
P4: Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops
P5: 1.2.0.0
P6: 504bb64c
P7: 91
P8: 1d
P9: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\xas\AppData\Local\Temp\WERABA1.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\xas\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_hdhomerun stream_9bf2e4a3e1c2458202d2b94b1721e4c371e574d_390ab7f1

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 7d88f4f2-faa0-11e1-9384-002522ac0874
Report Status: 0
I can make a quick change to prevent the crash and post that, but if VLC isn't working then it just means the preview will not be available to you. The errors you posted above are the initial startup that is preparing the VLC API for the internal preview.

Give me a few minutes and I will post a new build with that fix. (I am getting the whole project on GitHub now actually, so I don't have to use Dropbox anymore)
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

New version released as v0.5.1

You can download it here: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.5.1.zip

Changes
I have committed a quick fix for the VLC not installed problem. It should show a message now if VLC isn't loaded properly, then allow the program to continue to run.
Project is now hosted on GitHub at https://github.com/robnewton/HDHomeRun_Stream_Builder

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

@machro Just curious, what version/type of VLC did you install? The installer or .zip? Full or portable? I used the Windows installer and did a full install. Maybe the parts needed aren't installed. Try running the VLC installer
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Have I said that Comcast sucks lately? Well it does. The channel number and names that are broadcast on the QAM channels don't necessarily match the guide listings retrieved by mc2xml. The channel numbers are often different and that's what this program uses so it barely matches any listings. The channel names are good except for any that have "HD" or "SD" in the names, in order for the channel names to match the listings the HD or SD needs to be substituted with "DT" an example would be ION-HD or WDIVSD or WDIVSD2 would have to be renamed to ION-DT or WDIVDT or WDIVDT2 in order to match up to the listings. As I said earlier the .chl file created needs to list channel numbers and names on separate lines, but now the names need to be changed to work. I don't know if this is something specific to my region or not. Any other Comcast users out there that can confirm or deny this?
here is a sample scan output https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/hdhrscan_results.txt

here is mc2xml outputs channel section https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/channel.xml

Look at channels 25, 77 and 100 in results.txt for examples then search channel.xml for matches of number or name. I know you want to move on to a PVR program but isn't that really just an extension of this program? If it's not working right then the PVR won't work right
I hear ya about Comcast. I really like Fios for a number of reason.

So to make sure I understand, in your area Comcast broadcasts channels over QAM with both the wrong virtual channel number as well as the wrong name when compared to the XMLTV listing for the same area?

My first thought is that, while admittedly tedious, you could manually setup the info for each channel right?

What features do you have in mind to help with it?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I can and did fix it manually. I don't know if this is just my region or Comcast in general, I suspect it's Comcast in general. It's all about HD and SD being DT in the listings so a fix in the program would be either substituting DT for SD and HD or substituting a wildcard for DT and SD while matching to the listings as well as using name to match listings rather than number. The listings look like this

<channel id="I240.28458058.microsoft.com">
<display-name>240 WTVSDT</display-name>
<display-name>240</display-name>
<display-name>WTVSDT</display-name>
<display-name>WTVSDT (WTVS-DT)</display-name>
<display-name>PBS Affiliate</display-name>
</channel>

so there are several different <display-name> fields for each channel. Here is the scan output that should match this listing

SCANNING: 567000000 (us-irc:81, us-cable:81)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=79 snq=97 seq=100)
TSID: 0x0AA1
PROGRAM 1: 7.1 WXYZ-HD
PROGRAM 2: 56.1 WTVS-HD

notice the channel number is wrong and HD is substituted for DT

EDIT: As stated earlier it works for me. When reporting these problems I'm thinking like the avarage user that's just trying to set up his system that knows virtually nothing.
(2012-09-09, 20:50)Dilligaf Wrote: @machro Just curious, what version/type of VLC did you install? The installer or .zip? Full or portable? I used the Windows installer and did a full install. Maybe the parts needed aren't installed. Try running the VLC installer

I'm running 2.0.3, the installer and full
I'm running 32-bit Windows 7 and I get an error that it can't find the file in : C:\Program Files (x86)\....
I'm 32 bit though so that folder doesn't exist, I don't see a way to change the path?
Where did yours install to? Have you ruN VLC yet?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

(2012-09-10, 21:07)angrycamel Wrote: Where did yours install to? Have you ruN VLC yet?

It installed to: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
Yes, I've run VLC - still gives the same message and the app never launches

Here's one of the errors:

Application: HDHomerun Stream Builder.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
Stack:
at Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops.LibVlcInteropsManager.InitVlcLib(System.String)
at Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops.LibVlcInteropsManager..ctor(System.String)
at Vlc.DotNet.Core.VlcContext.Initialize()
at Vlc.DotNet.Forms.VlcControl..ctor()
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.InitializeComponent()
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main..ctor()
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Program.Main()
New version released as v0.5.2

You can download it here: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.5.2.zip

Changes
Made changes for x86 VLC install support to prevent program crash upon startup

(2012-09-10, 22:23)macrho Wrote: It installed to: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
Yes, I've run VLC - still gives the same message and the app never launches

Thanks for the feedback macrho. I believe the difference is that you are on an x86 system and the rest are on 64 bit. The install location for VLC is different on x86 than it is on AMD64 so, I have made some changes to the program startup to account for that. Let me know how they work for you.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

(2012-09-10, 19:41)Dilligaf Wrote: I can and did fix it manually. I don't know if this is just my region or Comcast in general, I suspect it's Comcast in general. It's all about HD and SD being DT in the listings so a fix in the program would be either substituting DT for SD and HD or substituting a wildcard for DT and SD while matching to the listings as well as using name to match listings rather than number. The listings look like this

<channel id="I240.28458058.microsoft.com">
<display-name>240 WTVSDT</display-name>
<display-name>240</display-name>
<display-name>WTVSDT</display-name>
<display-name>WTVSDT (WTVS-DT)</display-name>
<display-name>PBS Affiliate</display-name>
</channel>

so there are several different <display-name> fields for each channel. Here is the scan output that should match this listing

SCANNING: 567000000 (us-irc:81, us-cable:81)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=79 snq=97 seq=100)
TSID: 0x0AA1
PROGRAM 1: 7.1 WXYZ-HD
PROGRAM 2: 56.1 WTVS-HD

notice the channel number is wrong and HD is substituted for DT

EDIT: As stated earlier it works for me. When reporting these problems I'm thinking like the avarage user that's just trying to set up his system that knows virtually nothing.

I'm not sure that I want to take on solving this any further than I have already with the manual channel setup right now. Its just too complex of a problem to map channels from the scan to the XMLTV when there is literally nothing to automatically relate them. The only true way would be for a person to manually align them and that could get complicated beyond the existing manually modify channel feature. Just not something I want to spend the time working on. I'd rather focus on more features for automated detection of channels that are not named or number (like we talked about before) or spend more time on a PVR addon instead.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)0