• 77(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
OpenELEC was not being compiled the same way as XBMC is(it may have changed for the pre-Frodo releases) OpenELEC is missing a script.module that the script requires. Instead, OpenELEC has the module in the Python module section(though XBMC does not know this).

You need to remove the following line from the addon.xml file
Code:
<import addon="script.module.pil" version="1.1.7"/>
You might need to manually unzip into the addon folder.

I'm not going to release two different versions, especially when it works fine in XBMC.
[/quote]

If you change you 'Path to Music Library' in settings, the script will save the artwork into that folder.

[/quote]

Yes but doign like that will all images be in the same folder (without subfolders)

And will extrafanarts work as they wont be in the artists folde ??
Thanks that did the trick...appreciate your hard work giftie
Hi is it possible to l_cdart.db to MYSQL to convert, or somewhere central where multiple XBMC's reach. So that it does not need to be run on each XBMC. That differs quite some time so not all XBMC this need to build a new l_cdart.db with thousands of albums, Sorry my english is not so verry good.
(2012-09-05, 14:22)Freedom Wrote: Hi is it possible to l_cdart.db to MYSQL to convert, or somewhere central where multiple XBMC's reach. So that it does not need to be run on each XBMC. That differs quite some time so not all XBMC this need to build a new l_cdart.db with thousands of albums, Sorry my english is not so verry good.

you don't need to run it on all of them. if you run it on one this is enough because it will all be downloaded in the same folders.
you do know that running this script will hit several servers that do need to get paid for
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-05, 11:00)sarakha63 Wrote: Yes but doign like that will all images be in the same folder (without subfolders)

And will extrafanarts work as they wont be in the artists folde ??

You can change it back after you're done.. Or use the Artwork Organizer script -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304

(2012-09-05, 14:22)Freedom Wrote: Hi is it possible to l_cdart.db to MYSQL to convert, or somewhere central where multiple XBMC's reach. So that it does not need to be run on each XBMC. That differs quite some time so not all XBMC this need to build a new l_cdart.db with thousands of albums, Sorry my english is not so verry good.

As Martijn stated it only needs to run on one XBMC instance, this is because the music and artwork is shared.

You can change it back after you're done.. Or use the Artwork Organizer script -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304

Artwork organizer d'oesnt copy extrafanarts for music only artist thumbs and folder
(2012-09-04, 09:26)Hellnino18 Wrote: Great news thanks giftie.

I will test that this afternoon Smile

Hi giftie, I tried your new plugin and everything goes right. Expect for one thing. Everytime I download HD clearlogo, cdart Manager download each hd clear logo (even these I already have).

There were already the same problem before with thumbs.

Thanks giftie.
(2012-09-10, 21:21)Hellnino18 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 09:26)Hellnino18 Wrote: Great news thanks giftie.

I will test that this afternoon Smile

Hi giftie, I tried your new plugin and everything goes right. Expect for one thing. Everytime I download HD clearlogo, cdart Manager download each hd clear logo (even these I already have).

There were already the same problem before with thumbs.

Thanks giftie.

I found that problem(and fixed) There will be a release soon that also has features that will go along with my new Scheduler Addon.
(2012-09-01, 05:23)giftie Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 23:06)gibxxi Wrote: Regarding the Commas in Filenames issue, this is not on a nightly for me. This is happening with Eden. But only seems to display the exclamation dialog during background database builds. No errors are displayed during normal database updating. Although I'm sure there are places in the add-on that are still messing up some special characters with what appears to be their HTML equivilant. Just can't remember WHICH areas at the moment, off the top of my head.

The comment regarding the nightlies what meant for vanMiez. Sometimes the forum groups messages...

Regarding the 'exclamation' dialog, I am not sure what you mean. Are you using one of the Aeon skins?

If you are talking about the Dialogs sometimes showing characters like this
Code:
u'\u201cWeird Al\u201d Yankovic'
its that XBMC is having difficulty displaying the characters, so the script will send a printable version. It's not the best looking, but saves the script from failing due to the difficulty. The script usually will get the proper match when it is needed(there may be rare instances) Any time you see something different, please be sure to post debug logs, screenshots etc. as it is really difficult to solve problems I don't see.

Yep, I'm using MQ3 - Which has a number of outstanding bugs itself. Blue Öyster Cult, Motörhead, Queensrÿche, and any album title with commas in seem to be affected by (one of) the two issues i mentioned. For most of the albums with commas in, these are custom releases i've made from game / film soundtracks which won't appear on MusicBrainz. One such example being the Warhammer 40,000 soundtracks. The background database exclamation shows everything up until the comma, but nothing after it. It may not be cdART choking on the album name so much as XBMC / or MQ3. I'm going to hold off until MQ4 becomes public until I try and track this down.

It would be nice to exclude certain folders from processing though for those of us who do the "custom soundtracks" thing. Not essential, but it would save time with cdART looking for MBID's it's never going to find, That's a personal desire though. cdART as it is, is already an indispensible add-on for me.

Gib.
Hi giftie,

first of all I want to say thank you for that great addon! I'm using it for a while and run into some things I will ask now.

As you can see on the picture some artists are not recognized. Some of them don't exist at fanart.tv. KISS exists on fanart.tv as "KISS (US Rock band)", but the script only says "not found at fanart.tv". BAP exists at fanart.tv as "BAP (German rock)" and the script found the artist. Where are the differences that the script doesn't find KISS?
EDIT: After checking the log I see that a wrong MBID was used. I don't know why because it worked before. After changing the MBID KISS is recognized now. The problem now is that when I select KISS from cdarts or cover arts nothing happens. In the left corner "Artist: KISS" is displayed but that's all.
EDIT2: "Buffering" is displayed shortly and seems to return without result. The focus is lost. With moving the mouse I can get the focus again. But no list is displayed. This only happens with cdarts und cover arts as you hopefully can see in the log. I have selected clear arts also for this log. This was working.
The log: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104089403/cdart.log

Herbert Grönemeyer exists at fanart.tv but there are no images stored atm. Is that the reason why it is displayed in white?

Is it possible to mark the artist logo that is actually in use, for instance with a rectangle?

Is it possible to simply add new artists to the database instead of deleting the database and do a complete new scan? It's horrible for me to make a new scan every time I add an artist because it tooks several hours every time. I have 1000 compilations in the database for which the script don't find any images. Normally the script will never find any images for them. I suggest to integrate a filter mechanism which allow to decline the script searching for images. This can be done on artist level (here "VARIOUS") or on a path level where we can exclude albums beginning with the choosen path. Is this possible?

I had a problem but unfortunatly I don't have any logs. At the beginning of the use of artist logos I played with that feature and copied an image for VARIOUS in the folder to check if it is displayed. XBMC had cashed this image and I didn't get rid of this. Last week I used the option "Update XBMC thumbnails and fanarts" in the hope that this image disappear, which I better don't have done. After that mostly all my covers were disarranged in the way that wrong covers were displayed for the albums. I had to delete my database and make a new scan. Do you have an idea what happened? I'm using Eden.

Keep on your great work!
bye
samurai07

HTPC: ASRock A75M-ITX, A8-3850, 4GB Ram, 60GB SSD, Win7 x64, XBMC Eden
I've got a problem with cdart manger. when i open the program is just sits there on 'retrieving music database' i have left it for ages but the progress bar does not move at all. When i try to cancel it just says cancelling indefinitely.

I would be thankfull for any advise given.

I am very new to XBMC and am unsure how to take fault logs which others have posted on here so would need help to supply that if needed.
(2012-09-12, 13:33)samurai07 Wrote: Hi giftie,

first of all I want to say thank you for that great addon! I'm using it for a while and run into some things I will ask now.

As you can see on the picture some artists are not recognized. Some of them don't exist at fanart.tv. KISS exists on fanart.tv as "KISS (US Rock band)", but the script only says "not found at fanart.tv". BAP exists at fanart.tv as "BAP (German rock)" and the script found the artist. Where are the differences that the script doesn't find KISS?
EDIT: After checking the log I see that a wrong MBID was used. I don't know why because it worked before. After changing the MBID KISS is recognized now. The problem now is that when I select KISS from cdarts or cover arts nothing happens. In the left corner "Artist: KISS" is displayed but that's all.
EDIT2: "Buffering" is displayed shortly and seems to return without result. The focus is lost. With moving the mouse I can get the focus again. But no list is displayed. This only happens with cdarts und cover arts as you hopefully can see in the log. I have selected clear arts also for this log. This was working.
The log: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/104089403/cdart.log
Are you allowing the script to match your artists to fanart.tv's? At the start of the script, the script will display a progress dialog 'Retrieving Recognized Artist List', are you canceling this dialog? The script is not throwing any errors but states that it could not match anything(this and the fact you do have some match artists leads me to feel like you are canceling the matching)
Quote:Herbert Grönemeyer exists at fanart.tv but there are no images stored atm. Is that the reason why it is displayed in white?
Yes. fanart.tv does not report artists that do not have artwork available.
Quote:Image

Is it possible to mark the artist logo that is actually in use, for instance with a rectangle?
Not sure what you mean by this...
Quote:Is it possible to simply add new artists to the database instead of deleting the database and do a complete new scan? It's horrible for me to make a new scan every time I add an artist because it tooks several hours every time. I have 1000 compilations in the database for which the script don't find any images. Normally the script will never find any images for them. I suggest to integrate a filter mechanism which allow to decline the script searching for images. This can be done on artist level (here "VARIOUS") or on a path level where we can exclude albums beginning with the choosen path. Is this possible?
The script has an 'Update Database' option in the Advanced > Modify Local Database
Quote:I had a problem but unfortunatly I don't have any logs. At the beginning of the use of artist logos I played with that feature and copied an image for VARIOUS in the folder to check if it is displayed. XBMC had cashed this image and I didn't get rid of this. Last week I used the option "Update XBMC thumbnails and fanarts" in the hope that this image disappear, which I better don't have done. After that mostly all my covers were disarranged in the way that wrong covers were displayed for the albums. I had to delete my database and make a new scan. Do you have an idea what happened? I'm using Eden.
I will be removing that option in settings due to it is not needed anymore. I'm not sure why it messed up your artwork.. Also you need to keep in mind that XBMC uses an image cache, which takes about 24+ hrs to clear, unless the actual cached thumbnail image is replaced.

(2012-09-12, 16:31)ric308 Wrote: I've got a problem with cdart manger. when i open the program is just sits there on 'retrieving music database' i have left it for ages but the progress bar does not move at all. When i try to cancel it just says cancelling indefinitely.

I would be thankfull for any advise given.

I am very new to XBMC and am unsure how to take fault logs which others have posted on here so would need help to supply that if needed.

Did you first build XBMC's music Library?

Also see the Wiki for log file detailes -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer:

I have cdart saving to the local C: drive and all my music is on an SMB share, so it's rebuilding folders of the artists on that C: drive. The problem is I can't make a folder with quotes, and I can't change the save path (without retagging anyway) since it's using Albumartist for folder names . Is there a way to get around this without renaming Albumartist?
I actually plan on adding the ability to replace characters with a specific character. The only problem is that skins won't have the ability to do the same(at least I think this is the case)..

The plan is to have this adjustable by the user, but having the default of - : * < > / \ | ? " (Windows illegal characters) with the default of _ (underscore) as the replacement character.

• 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6