• 6(current)
Feature suggestions
Love Quartz!

Requesting a shortcut to "movie sets" in the home menu. I prefer movie sets as a separate option, as opposed to viewing them as sets within the entire library.
(2012-08-10, 20:20)nostromo777 Wrote: Love Quartz!

Requesting a shortcut to "movie sets" in the home menu. I prefer movie sets as a separate option, as opposed to viewing them as sets within the entire library.

Browse to it, add it to favourites and finally assign that favourite item to Movies submenu via skin settings. Done.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Any plans to add Movie Set function to the skin? Just a link under Movies would suffice I think. Thanks for all the hard work! Love the skin!
Hi,

Firstly I want to thank you for putting this skin together, I have dabbled round some of the xml files making some small change (See below) and I thought what I was doing took time - To build the whole thing to the standard you have must have taken months - Kudos.

So, I have make a couple of changes I wanted to share with you to see if you could improve on or add to the build for the benefit of others. The first is in the icon view, I wanted to see more than two rows - In fact just 0.3 additional rows to show that there was still another page of movies to scroll though - I don't know if this would need tweeking any more to work for other media types (I use XBMC mainly for movies currently, so didnt test for music / addons / pics / tv shows). Anyway here's what it looks like:

Second is a bit more complicated, and has a lot more room for improvement - Movie sets.

I use the media info 2 view for my movie list, so I have a big list down the right and a nice poster & movie description to the left. Looks amazing, but then I have a lot of movies in sets, and I don't like the way XMBC only offers up the first poster from the set. So I found the moviesets script and did some tinkering:

Its pretty basic, and sometimes doesn't look right if there's a lot of black in the poster (ends up looking like a weird shape), and I don't know how it could be incorporated into other views - Like I said, I use the media info 2 view exclusively for the main list of movies. I just thought I would share with you what I had done, to see if it was something that interested you enough to try in the main build. I suppose on top of just showing up to 6 posters from the set, there could also be a watched count, set start date (earliest movie year) and average rating. i might try to finish it off one day, but if you already had plans to build sets in somehow, I wont waste my time (Or I can help...I don't know how much help I can be, but I'm willing to give something back to the community...)

Anyway, like I said, great job, really impressed with the quality of your work, and would love to hear some feedback on my suggestions.

Take care Smile

Could you do something with "Music Videos" like "Home media shelf" with box art of the dvd's and when you "open" it directly to "title" ?
I don't know if this has been covered/answered before (if so, I am sorry to bring it up again. Can't seem to find anything when searching the support thread), but is it possible to add a possibility to add custom home menus? Not just as submenus.
(2012-11-09, 12:08)tenzion Wrote: I don't know if this has been covered/answered before (if so, I am sorry to bring it up again. Can't seem to find anything when searching the support thread), but is it possible to add a possibility to add custom home menus? Not just as submenus.

You need to modify the home.xml file, it looks like around line 580 is where the main menu items are added. You could add a new <item> block, set the <label> to the, well, label, and <onClick> to have it do something.

Remember - Google is your friend...The XBMC skinning wiki is also worth its weight in gold.

Hope that helps...
Would it be possible to add a option to change the transparency of the background. I really like the quartz skin the the main menu screen, but I would like to be able to watch videos in the background while I browse. With this option people who don't want this option can keep transparency at 0%, where as others can change this if they wish.
I love this skin. Simple, clear, beautiful!

Just a minor issue/request; I would like to be able to reverse the sort order so that eg newest movies are on top instead of at the bottom of a list.

Thanks.
i have the idea that the logos of the favorite add-ons goes to the headline (like the media covers)

is it possible??

thank you
(2013-01-23, 23:53)tomigonzo Wrote: i have the idea that the logos of the favorite add-ons goes to the headline (like the media covers)

is it possible??

thank you

Should be, if I understood your suggestion. Add addons to favourites, assign your own image to them via context menu and populate shelf afterwards.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-01-24, 11:37)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 23:53)tomigonzo Wrote: i have the idea that the logos of the favorite add-ons goes to the headline (like the media covers)

is it possible??

thank you

Should be, if I understood your suggestion. Add addons to favourites, assign your own image to them via context menu and populate shelf afterwards.

yes, nearly Smile

in the add ons menu use the icons of the favorite add-ons in the headline (where/like the cd covers are in the music menu, check the link please)
it is an easy way to reach your favorite add-ons

http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/6/65/Screenshot001.jpg

(2013-01-24, 18:28)tomigonzo Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 11:37)pecinko Wrote:

is it possible??

thank you

yes, nearly Smile

in the add ons menu use the icons of the favorite add-ons in the headline (where/like the cd covers are in the music menu, check the link please)
it is an easy way to reach your favorite add-ons

http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/6/65/Screenshot001.jpg

Than I did understand. Please do as I have suggested and you will have addons you want with logos or whatever picture you like, on the shelf, above the menu.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

my idea:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7542608/addons.jpg

(2013-01-25, 00:04)tomigonzo Wrote: my idea:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7542608/addons.jpg

Cool. That was always possible in Quartz.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature suggestions0