• 9(current)
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
(2012-10-29, 22:09)jamie543 Wrote: Anyway to be able to update more then 3 sources have got a few videos accross a few file paths would really like at least anouther 3

I'm honestly a little torn on this one. To me, up to 6 sources seems like it would just be easier to do a full library update. On the other hand being as customizable as you'd like with the timers is a nice goal.

Ultimately things would be easier if you could dynamically add as many sources as you'd like but the XBMC settings area is not setup for this. I just don't want it to be a cluttered settings nightmare for the average user.

Since I'm on the fence I'm going to open it up for additional comments - anyone else following this thread have some feedback on adding more custom scan sources?
Just trying this out for its clean feature, dont really need the library update. Just so I am clear if i turn it on clean once per day i am good to go?

Also does this have the bluray folder not removed issue in xbmc when you try to clean library using the script? Since its present in xbmc if you try to automate clean library im kind of guessing it might be present with this program?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12942
Actually it appears to work and remove bluray folders..great!
(2012-11-01, 14:01)Ghostdivision Wrote: Actually it appears to work and remove bluray folders..great!

Awesome. I read through the Trac ticket you referenced and this makes sense. This addon calls each function independently - the same as would happen if you did it yourself.
(2012-10-30, 16:38)robweber Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 22:09)jamie543 Wrote: Anyway to be able to update more then 3 sources have got a few videos accross a few file paths would really like at least anouther 3

I'm honestly a little torn on this one. To me, up to 6 sources seems like it would just be easier to do a full library update. On the other hand being as customizable as you'd like with the timers is a nice goal.

Ultimately things would be easier if you could dynamically add as many sources as you'd like but the XBMC settings area is not setup for this. I just don't want it to be a cluttered settings nightmare for the average user.

Since I'm on the fence I'm going to open it up for additional comments - anyone else following this thread have some feedback on adding more custom scan sources?

Problem i have got is my content is spread between a few drives and some of it is split into age specific content for example movies i have got the classic disney content that is suitable for all then a have some films that may require an adult to be around to watch and lastly i have got the films that kids should not be seeing at all and the same pretty much for tv shows as well so it would be handy just to have at least anouther source that fully updates itself
Hi,

Thanks for the addon. Quick question: how do the timers work in the case of turning on from a suspend? Do I hope that the box is on when that 4 hour window check happens? What would be the recommended setup in this case?
(2012-11-02, 02:36)TheDuffMan Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the addon. Quick question: how do the timers work in the case of turning on from a suspend? Do I hope that the box is on when that 4 hour window check happens? What would be the recommended setup in this case?

You don't need to have XBMC on during the time window. If one or more scheduled times have been missed the addon will "catch-up" the next time XBMC starts. For this reason I recommend you not use the "run on startup" option for any of the library scanners. If the addon should have run it will try to run on startup and it will just end up happening twice. Remember too that all timers run independently so if you have your system off for a while and you've set a lot of custom timers, plus cleaning and such you may have a lot of stuff queuing up to run right away.

Does this help?
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!
(2012-11-01, 23:05)jamie543 Wrote:
(2012-10-30, 16:38)robweber Wrote:

Problem i have got is my content is spread between a few drives and some of it is split into age specific content for example movies i have got the classic disney content that is suitable for all then a have some films that may require an adult to be around to watch and lastly i have got the films that kids should not be seeing at all and the same pretty much for tv shows as well so it would be handy just to have at least anouther source that fully updates itself

I'm going to add a github issue for this and think about it a bit. As listed on xbmc.org just recently I want to start using the new translation service for addons anyway, so while I'm in the code I'll start thinking of ways to get this done. I may end up just adding a few more sources to the settings if that is the best way.
Just an FYI to everyone, I've included this addon in the Transifex translation site as documented on the XBMC blog recently. Now that Frodo is in a feature freeze I plan on publishing to the Frodo specific repository as soon as its open. I'll pull any translations that are done and publish any new changes to the addon then. I'll also do an Eden update for anything that would work for that release as well.
Is it possible to disable video and music update, but just enable clean once daily. Im not sure if cleaning is running with those disabled...?
(2012-11-08, 03:58)Ghostdivision Wrote: Is it possible to disable video and music update, but just enable clean once daily. Im not sure if cleaning is running with those disabled...?

I had to look at the code again to figure this one out - the short answer is 'no'. The way the settings are configured cleaning is either on or off. When it is one it will clean any databases that you have configured for auto update. I guess with the way the settings are laid out for the user this makes sense. If you only check cleaning do you want to clean video, music, both? Right now the addon is assuming if you are scanning video then you must only want to clean video and vice versa for music.

I thought about this for a while and what you are saying does make some sense. You may want to control the library updates yourself, but still auto clean on a schedule. What might make more sense in the Cleaning settings is to have a selector for video,music, or both and let this be run independently of if you want to schedule updates or not.

Would this fit your use case? I'm going to add an 'issue' for this on github and can have it implemented for the next release.
Hello, yes sounds like that would work exactly the way I would like. Thanks.
I'm sorry if I missed the answers already...

1. I installed this add-on on my OpenElec setup. If I manually ran a library update, it would work fine. But none of the scheduling seemed to work. My DB is hosted on a different PC, for what its worth

2. Would a normal debug show any errors for the add on, or would I have to do something special?

3. Is there a way to have the SMB username/password not shown when scheduling specific folders?
(2012-11-16, 20:09)sufreak Wrote: I'm sorry if I missed the answers already...

1. I installed this add-on on my OpenElec setup. If I manually ran a library update, it would work fine. But none of the scheduling seemed to work. My DB is hosted on a different PC, for what its worth

2. Would a normal debug show any errors for the add on, or would I have to do something special?

3. Is there a way to have the SMB username/password not shown when scheduling specific folders?

Hey, thanks for posting your questions.

1) I've never seen the scheduler fail on a system before and I've tried multiple (OpenELEC, Windows, Linux, etc) so if you could post a debug log to pastebin I'd like to take a look. Specifically do a startup, wait a full refresh period (use the cron timer and set to every 5 minutes to make it go faster) and then shutdown. If any errors are thrown they should be visible this way.

2) Normal debug log should show all errors and even some general logging as it runs. Make sure debugging is enabled.

3) As far as the addon is concerned the path is just a regular text field so there is no way to mask anything when setting the folders. It isn't like the XBMC source setup where it knows what to mask. This isn't anything to do with the addon, just how settings are handled in XBMC.

I'll watch here for a link to the debug log if you post one.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.00