• 13(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
This version is specifically for Eden, but user test has shown that it works on Frodo.

Could you provide me with some more information on the failure. Are you using the pleXBMC modded Quartz skin, or through the "Video Addon" menu item in a standard XBMC skin? Remotely (i.e. over the internet) or with a Local Plex Media Server?

It is unusual to be able to see the section but not the content within (getting the sections, should mean that connectivity and any authentication is working fine).

The best way to get me the info, is by turning on debug within the addon (pleXBMC settings -> debug) and running it to generate a failure. if you send me the xbmc.log file (via pm) then I can get a better view of what is happening.

Note that the debug log can contain you IP address, media names and possibly Plex Token if using myplex (but not your password). I use this info only for fixing your issue and it isn't shared with anyone else. if you like, you can change/anonymise this data if it causes you concern (i.e. global replace on the IP addresses in the text file to 0.0.0.0, token to TOKEN and usename to USER)
I'm using the video add-on with the default skin (confluence)... and the media server is local (but it's on another machine in our house)

Okay, well I just booted up the machine to try to get you that log & now it auto-magically works.... thanks for the update hippojay!
Thumbs Up 
Great stuff Smile
Does this addon sync watched status?

I use the media server on my tablet, it would be good if it picked up the shows i've watched in XBMC
Yep - sure does.
Right, rather large update time:

PleXBMC Version 2.1

I've decided to lose the BETA tags now, as everything seems to be running ok. I've also had to up the version to 2.1, as XBMC was having trouble releasing that 2.0 was bigger than 2.0b6.
  • ADD: Search menus in channels
  • ADD: Preference settings in Channels
  • ADD: Subtitles in Transcoded media
  • ADD: Audio stream selection in transcoded media
  • ADD: enforce views in skins (only Quartz, QuartzV3 and confluence)
  • ADD: Recently added media/channel abilities
  • FIX: space/special chars in searches
  • FIX: g_stream error/informational messages
  • REMOVED: flv transcoding (as it's not needed by XBMC anymore)

https://github.com/downloads/hippojay/pl...c-v2.1.zip

Enforcing skin views has turned out to be very difficult to do indeed. XBMC skins have no way to set these and no real functions to allow you to do it if you wanted. Therefore I've taken a round about route and am having PleXBMC force the view upon the skin.

To enable it, select the option from the "look and feel" settings, select the skin you are using and then the name of the view you want to use. This will then be used when viewing that type of media.

NOTE that the view is only enforced on screens with metadata (movies, tv shows/season/episodes/music). If you change a view, it will be reset to the selected default next time you use it. Intermediate menus will still have XBMC controlled views, so they will follow/remember the last set view.

If anyone wants me to add extra view setting in I'm happy to do that, but I'm afraid you'll will have to do the hardwork and gather the information. I need the names of the available views for each different category and the XBMC control ID for each view (which you can find in skin debug mode).

QUARTZ V3

I have also been hard at work on a Quartz V3 version for PleXBMC - so here it is:

The main reason for this release is to show the recently added "Shelf" now on the main screen. This will show the last movies, TV Shows and music added, plus the last channels used. Plus QV3 has some nicer views than QV2.

https://github.com/downloads/hippojay/qu...c-v0.5.zip

QUARTZ
I've also put up a small fix to the older Quartz skin - which reverses an integration logic problem (one was off and off was on)..

https://github.com/downloads/hippojay/sk...c.v0.6.zip
Hello, I'm trying to use this plugin to access my media remotely on my android devices. I have Xbmc installed on my tablet and I've installed the plugin. However, I think I'm having trouble with the server setup. Is there a guide on how to setup the Plex Media Server to do this? My android devices are on different networks from my HTPC.

Sorry if this is really noobish, I'm looking around for guides and trying to figure it out myself, but it's not turning out very well.
(2012-12-06, 05:40)Czarified Wrote: Hello, I'm trying to use this plugin to access my media remotely on my android devices. I have Xbmc installed on my tablet and I've installed the plugin. However, I think I'm having trouble with the server setup. Is there a guide on how to setup the Plex Media Server to do this? My android devices are on different networks from my HTPC.

Sorry if this is really noobish, I'm looking around for guides and trying to figure it out myself, but it's not turning out very well.

Setup plex media server on a computer that you have running 24/7. Publish this server to Myplex (it's in the settings) then log into your myplex acount in the plexBMC settings. Adjust transcoding settings as you see fit.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Quote:Setup plex media server on a computer that you have running 24/7. Publish this server to Myplex (it's in the settings) then log into your myplex acount in the plexBMC settings. Adjust transcoding settings as you see fit.

I'm getting an error when I try to publish my media in the settings. I think i know what the problem is though. All in all, it's nothing to do with the xbmc plugin, just some networking issues.
(2012-12-06, 06:13)Czarified Wrote:
Quote:Setup plex media server on a computer that you have running 24/7. Publish this server to Myplex (it's in the settings) then log into your myplex acount in the plexBMC settings. Adjust transcoding settings as you see fit.

I'm getting an error when I try to publish my media in the settings. I think i know what the problem is though. All in all, it's nothing to do with the xbmc plugin, just some networking issues.

Have you done port forwarding on your router? If not, that is what you need to do.
(2012-12-06, 06:01)lrusak Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 05:40)Czarified Wrote: Hello, I'm trying to use this plugin to access my media remotely on my android devices. I have Xbmc installed on my tablet and I've installed the plugin. However, I think I'm having trouble with the server setup. Is there a guide on how to setup the Plex Media Server to do this? My android devices are on different networks from my HTPC.

Setup plex media server on a computer that you have running 24/7. Publish this server to Myplex (it's in the settings) then log into your myplex acount in the plexBMC settings. Adjust transcoding settings as you see fit.

(2012-12-06, 11:12)JoeBlow42069 Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 06:13)Czarified Wrote:

Have you done port forwarding on your router? If not, that is what you need to do.

Okay I've finished with the network setup. I've got a static IP and portforwarding on my router. Plex publishes my media server perfectly fine. Now, however, in plexbmc it will load up a list which contains my server "HTPC: Movies." When I click this option though, it does nothing. I've shared my PMS with a friend and he can watch a movie perfectly fine on his laptop through the browser, just not through plexbmc.
Do you get any error message on screen ("script failed" for instance?).

There has also been reports of issues if IPv6 is enabled on the media server (plex will pick up the IPv6 address and use that, which confuses PleXBMC as it expects an IPv4 address). I've only had a few people report it, so it depends a little on the configuration of the device that Plex Media server is installed on.

EDIT: Also if non of this works, could you enable debug within the PleXBMC addon, run it to generate an error/unexpected result and PM the xbmc.log file to me. I should be able to see what the problem is from this. (Linux <home>/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | Windows: <user>/Appdata/Roaming/XBMC/xbmc.log | MAC: <user>Library/Logs/xbmc.log)
(2012-12-07, 14:16)hippojay Wrote: Do you get any error message on screen ("script failed" for instance?).

There has also been reports of issues if IPv6 is enabled on the media server (plex will pick up the IPv6 address and use that, which confuses PleXBMC as it expects an IPv4 address). I've only had a few people report it, so it depends a little on the configuration of the device that Plex Media server is installed on.

EDIT: Also if non of this works, could you enable debug within the PleXBMC addon, run it to generate an error/unexpected result and PM the xbmc.log file to me. I should be able to see what the problem is from this. (Linux <home>/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | Windows: <user>/Appdata/Roaming/XBMC/xbmc.log | MAC: <user>Library/Logs/xbmc.log)

I do get a script failed error. I'm pretty sure IPv6 is disabled, but I'll double check. I'll see about generating a log file. I'm trying to run the plugin on the lastest version of Xbmc (Frodo beta 2) on an android device.
I am using 2.1 w/ Frodo on Win7 and the video channels work extremely well. Seems every channel is working except Netflix. My que loads, but when I select a video to play nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Netflix works fine for me in the Plex Windows client. Tyvm for this plug-in, it is awesome!!!
Igot the log file is I'll have a look. Problem for me is that I'm UK based so I don't believe the Netflixs API works. Plus I do t have an account at the moment (but they send me enough emails, so getting one won't be a problem)
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3