• 52(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
is there any way to map the Guide button to show/close epg timline?and map the info button to show mediainfo?
(2012-11-30, 17:28)shms Wrote: is there any way to map the Guide button to show/close epg timline?and map the info button to show mediainfo?

Could you be a little bit more specific? do you mean "show mediainfo" as in the same thing on Window desktop using the program mediainfo? also how do you open/close "epg timeline" now?

With XBMC keymap you could map a key in XBMC to do a lot of things. As long as you can execute an action inside XBMC, you can map it to a key, and put that key on the LCD. It's best to describe what you do now to show the info you want, and then we will suggest whether it's possible and how to do it.
HI
I have a harmony 300 and hp Mce.
I'm trying to setup the harmony but I can't see the activity option.
Could you help me please
Thanks and sorry folder my English
(2012-12-01, 02:39)mierdatuti Wrote: HI
I have a harmony 300 and hp Mce.
I'm trying to setup the harmony but I can't see the activity option.
Could you help me please
Thanks and sorry folder my English

Harmony 300 has only one activity (Watch TV). You can only add devices to the Harmony, and the "Watch TV" acitivity will turn on all devices, and set the devices to the correct inputs for TV.

To add more actvities, you will need other Harmony remote models such as 600, 650, 700,....
(2012-12-01, 00:40)bodhi Wrote:
(2012-11-30, 17:28)shms Wrote: is there any way to map the Guide button to show/close epg timline?and map the info button to show mediainfo?

Could you be a little bit more specific? do you mean "show mediainfo" as in the same thing on Window desktop using the program mediainfo? also how do you open/close "epg timeline" now?

With XBMC keymap you could map a key in XBMC to do a lot of things. As long as you can execute an action inside XBMC, you can map it to a key, and put that key on the LCD. It's best to describe what you do now to show the info you want, and then we will suggest whether it's possible and how to do it.

If i press the guide button, i want the epg timeline to pop up, and if i press info button i want the mediainfo (the on thats on the pause screen) to popup.
Finally some time to fill in the spaces.

Logitech Harmony 655

Devices:
Microsoft Windows Media Center SE
Microsoft MCE keyboard

IR: HP Media Center Model OVU400102/71

Keyboard.xml:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<k>UpdateLibrary(video)</k>
<w>ToggleWatched</w>
<two>JumpSMS2</two>
<three>JumpSMS3</three>
<four>JumpSMS4</four>
<five>JumpSMS5</five>
<six>JumpSMS6</six>
<seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
<eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
<nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
http://www.yodo.dk/ is my small site were I write guides and news in danish about XBMC and HTPC
The OP in this thread is quite old. Are the instructions there still current for a brand new 650? I also saw the other thread here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95063) but that one's somewhat outdated too.

Just don't want to start going through the steps and find out I'm using outdated instructions when there's better ones available somewhere else.

Thanks.
(2012-12-06, 23:50)Kelemvor Wrote: The OP in this thread is quite old. Are the instructions there still current for a brand new 650? I also saw the other thread here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95063) but that one's somewhat outdated too.

Just don't want to start going through the steps and find out I'm using outdated instructions when there's better ones available somewhere else.

Thanks.

The other thread is obsoleted. The OP in that thread attempted to consolidate info, but it seems that he/she gave up.

Instruction in this thread is current (even though the OP vanOert is no longer active). The pictures have been reposted here in this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid942798
(2012-12-06, 22:39)StefanM Wrote: Finally some time to fill in the spaces.

Logitech Harmony 655

Devices:
Microsoft Windows Media Center SE
Microsoft MCE keyboard

IR: HP Media Center Model OVU400102/71

Keyboard.xml:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<k>UpdateLibrary(video)</k>
<w>ToggleWatched</w>
<two>JumpSMS2</two>
<three>JumpSMS3</three>
<four>JumpSMS4</four>
<five>JumpSMS5</five>
<six>JumpSMS6</six>
<seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
<eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
<nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Your IR receiver is RC6. The best way to troubleshoot this problem is using JR's utility to show the keys. See if your keypresses are the correct ones:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=showkey
I'm trying to configure an additional button on my Harmony 890 to toggle subtitles on/off. Normally I would go into the Harmony configuration software and assign a button to the xbmc command 't', which toggles subtitles on and off. But when I go into the Harmony software to assign the command to the button, the list of available commands does not include all the letters - i.e. i, t, l - commands that XBMC would understand - it's a smaller subset. Anyone have an idea of what's up with that?

I also tried assigning the button to the command "subtitle" but that did not seem to do anything. I wanted to post here to get it out there, and I'm going to do a 'showkey' for the subtitle command to see what's being sent.

Any help appreciated.
Which keyboard device are you using to select the keys, MCE Keyboard or MCE SE Keyboard? If you are using both then try MCE keyboard to select XBMC letter t or l. And I dont think "subtitle" will work.

Also a reminder: the letter keys should show in the device page of that keyboard device first, before they will appear in the activity page.
Hey guys, just ordered parts for my first HTPC. I'm doing a little preparation getting ready for my HTPC build and learning how to program my Harmony One is one of them. I have my Harmony remote configured as has been described. I am assuming that I will have to create another activity for watching live tv via Windows Media Center as I'm assuming Windows Media Center won't respond properly to the key strokes described in the button configuration in this thread. Is this a correct assumption?
(2013-01-02, 04:33)Lagrik Wrote: Hey guys, just ordered parts for my first HTPC. I'm doing a little preparation getting ready for my HTPC build and learning how to program my Harmony One is one of them. I have my Harmony remote configured as has been described. I am assuming that I will have to create another activity for watching live tv via Windows Media Center as I'm assuming Windows Media Center won't respond properly to the key strokes described in the button configuration in this thread. Is this a correct assumption?

The MCE Keyboard and MCE Remote devices referenced in this thread should work (especially the transport buttons and directional buttons). However, it's a good idea to have separated activity anyway.
(2013-01-02, 05:56)bodhi Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 04:33)Lagrik Wrote: Hey guys, just ordered parts for my first HTPC. I'm doing a little preparation getting ready for my HTPC build and learning how to program my Harmony One is one of them. I have my Harmony remote configured as has been described. I am assuming that I will have to create another activity for watching live tv via Windows Media Center as I'm assuming Windows Media Center won't respond properly to the key strokes described in the button configuration in this thread. Is this a correct assumption?

The MCE Keyboard and MCE Remote devices referenced in this thread should work (especially the transport buttons and directional buttons). However, it's a good idea to have separated activity anyway.

Sounds good, thanks. I was thinking of creating a separate activity anyways so I can issue IR commands when using XBMC activity to start XBMC and close WMC and issue IR commands when using WMC activity to start WMC and close WBMC.
First thank you so much for this.

i didnt read through the entire thread so this may have been posted somewhere before.

for anyone who uses netflix and wants an easy way to access it without using advanced launcher or the troublesome xbmcflicks plugin, you can do that using the same process written here to access xbmc.
first, pin windows media center to the taskbar in the 2nd position. then, right-click the icon, highlight 'windows media center' and right-click again, select properties.
under the shortcut tab, in the box for target put
Code:
%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /mediamode -launchcoded:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}
the start in box should have
Code:
%windir%\ehome

*/mediamode in the target tab will get rid of the minimize and close buttons in the top right corner of the screen. if you don't want this just delete it out.

now on your harmony remote, map a key to win+2 and when you press that button netflix will open up.

you can also go here and download the rar, open it up, take out the esctoclose.exe and place it in the startup folder so it starts when your computer does. you'll need to run it once manually to get it going.
now map a button on your harmony to the esc button press (i use the exit button). when you are done using netflix press that button and wmc will close and you'll return to xbmc.
you will need to press your xbmc button (win+1) to regain focus.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC13