• 231(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
Jason,

Can't thank you enough for this script. If there is a link where I can buy a a few rounds I would really appreciate the opportunity. This really does make the entire media center complete and is preferred 10x over the live tuner I added into the system a few months back.

One thing I still seem to be having problems with, and can post logs / more details later this afternoon, is the network TV. Pseudo still skips the channels that are tagged with a specific network in the channel manager. If I go into the channel manager and attempt to change it from, as an example, NBC to something else there are no options - just blank. Seems to be the same for Studio and a couple of other options. Genre seems to work no issue.

I know this has been referenced a couple of times and one workaround is to build play lists. If there was another suggestion / fix that I missed I apologize.
It sounds like your TV shows aren't tagged with the network that they are on. There are a few ways to fix this, but I like to use XWMM, although it is not yet Frodo compatible.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
Another update to stable-pre. This fixes the info dialog box problem and, potentially, fixes the problem with the config window and info box being off-center.

Someone with a Rasberry Pi will have to tell me if this does anything good (or bad) for them...
(2012-12-20, 21:19)Jason102 Wrote: Another update to stable-pre. This fixes the info dialog box problem and, potentially, fixes the problem with the config window and info box being off-center.

Someone with a Rasberry Pi will have to tell me if this does anything good (or bad) for them...

I have two xbmc boxes, one is windows and one is openelec, both running frodo rc1. The windows one seems to run fine but the openelec during the scanning process seems to go to a black screen during the channel loading process and freeze the box.

edit: Looks like this is reproducible on windows once I started adding more channels
Log?
(2012-12-20, 20:21)Jason102 Wrote: It sounds like your TV shows aren't tagged with the network that they are on. There are a few ways to fix this, but I like to use XWMM, although it is not yet Frodo compatible.

Jason,

Possibly. It was working pre-Frodo but I wouldn't be surprised if something went sideways on my end. I did open up the database FWIW, MyVideos75 (only one with a current date / time stamp) and under the 'tvshow' table all of my episodes do have a network assignment. Quick screen shot of a few of the shows at the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozopwnufpgunedy/shows.png
(2012-12-21, 00:23)Jason102 Wrote: Log?

LOG

Sorry I got distracted with something else and forgot to reproduce it with debug logging. It seems to be reproducible for me every time I have background updating off, but when I have it on it seems like the background update fails because I never get more than 1 channel. Seems to occur regardless of whether channel sharing is enabled or not.
* Also added a link to a debug log and the XSP file that was being called. May not be necessary / helpful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqgp2rfio9zvsy...rk_FOX.xsp
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90v9fucdf8wa83...odebug.txt
(2012-12-20, 20:21)Jason102 Wrote: It sounds like your TV shows aren't tagged with the network that they are on. There are a few ways to fix this, but I like to use XWMM, although it is not yet Frodo compatible.

I just wanted to confirm the problem that Irunner has. I have about 10 channels missing in PTV and they all are channels based off of a TV network. Fox, BBC etc. It would be great if you could have a look into it. I can produce logs or files if needed.
(2012-12-21, 01:28)Rastan Wrote:

I just wanted to confirm the problem that Irunner has. I have about 10 channels missing in PTV and they all are channels based off of a TV network. Fox, BBC etc. It would be great if you could have a look into it. I can produce logs or files if needed.

Yeah, I just noticed the same thing.
The issue with TV networks is fixed now (it also affected genres and studios, for movies as well).

esk1: I can't reproduce the issue you see, but may know the problem. Can you try the latest stable-pre to see if it's fixed?
(2012-12-21, 17:27)Jason102 Wrote: esk1: I can't reproduce the issue you see, but may know the problem. Can you try the latest stable-pre to see if it's fixed?

Didn't change anything, the problem still occurs, is there anything specific you want me to test? I am using a WHS 2011 box with shares mounted via smb, I didn't really think there was anything specific about my setup. I've never gotten it to successfully create more than one channel. This same setup was working fine under Eden by the way. The screen just goes black, in that one log I sent posted it looked like one of the threads (5800) just died. I've been doing all my testing on my windows desktop and not openelec.
Alright, pushed a small change to stable-pre. It looks like the biggest issue you're having is with the stupid unicode problem...it's really hard to fix that situation completely, so I'm sure I'm just missing some piece somewhere. If this still fails, can you post the log again? I want to make sure it isn't running into some separate problem now.
(2012-12-21, 18:10)Jason102 Wrote: Alright, pushed a small change to stable-pre. It looks like the biggest issue you're having is with the stupid unicode problem...it's really hard to fix that situation completely, so I'm sure I'm just missing some piece somewhere. If this still fails, can you post the log again? I want to make sure it isn't running into some separate problem now.

LOG

Here is the latest log from stable-pre build.
Crap, apparently I made the change and didn't push it up to github. Please try, yet again, because of my incompetence.
  • 231(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25