• 22(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
i need the install file to

please help

Thank you
I do not understand why no one help us find a solution to the problem ...
You can download in the mirror??
thanks
Exclamation 
PS3BluMote (formally PS3 Remote Application)

Allows you to use the official Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Bluetooth remote (and other compatible PS3 remotes) within Windows by emulating a keyboard. Pairing and setup instructions can be found in the README file.

Version 2.03

Readme and license:
PS3BluMote_readme.txt
http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/52657923/file.html

Installation file and readme zipped:
PS3BluMote_v2.03.zip
http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/31839282/file.html

Somebody should find an additional hosting site for them.

Open source code:
https://github.com/Ben-Barron/PS3BluMote
PS3BluMote-master.zip
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/63278715/file.html
(2012-11-28, 04:00)fergy Wrote: PS3BluMote (formally PS3 Remote Application)

Allows you to use the official Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Bluetooth remote (and other compatible PS3 remotes) within Windows by emulating a keyboard. Pairing and setup instructions can be found in the README file.

Version 2.03

thanks so much

(2012-09-12, 01:53)Tycho91 Wrote: I seem to have a problem too. It stops working after a minute or two. I need to take out a battery and put it back in for it to work. The ps3blumote app says that the battery is 60% so i guess thats not it (but its only like 2 weeks old so it drained really fast!

Is anyone else experiencing battery life issue using the PS3 remote with XBMC? I was interested in settings this up on my system but chewing through batteries or having to constantly charge would turn me off.
(2012-06-30, 19:53)cyo80rg101 Wrote: Looks simple enough - remapped the PS3 btn on the remote to launch the xbmc.exe, which works fine.

However, for some reason I cant get it to do *anything* inside XBMC itself - so simple I cant see what i'm missing!

XBMC sees my ir jeyboard fine - left cursor goes left, right cursor goes right etc, as expected.

Looking in PS3BM settings - left btn on the remote is mapped to the left cursor on the keyboard etc, but XBMC isnt having any of it...

Have switched XBMC's settings for "Full screen window vs real full screen", still no joy.

Infuriating - looks so simple I cant see where I'm going wrong! Wink

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem, ps3blumote is working ok in windows but in xbmc not doing anything.
any ideas?
PS reeboting didn't work
ah yes... this was boggling my brain for a while... although this is a brilliant app, I must say it's lacking some detailed instructions. I'll try my best to explain how I got it to work 100% to what I wanted.
To control what you want it to do "within XBMC"

1. you need to figure out what keys (on a physical keyboard) will do what in xbmc e.g. \ will toggle full screen. Then map it in the app with whatever button you want.
So if you want the BigPlaystation button to toggle Fullscreen then map it with "\"
see below for a link to all the keyboard mappings for xbmc... just map whatever function you want to whatever button you want to use it on.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard

2. If you want to use it in windows, "say to start xbmc" when you press a button, then you have to 1st create a shortcut "in windows" here's a link to show you how to do that http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...n-programs it's for vista, but works the same for windows 7 or 8.
After you've done that, then just map the shortcut you created to a key. e.g. if you created a windows shortcut to open xbmc, as "control button and X button", and you want to press the "YELLOW" button on the remote to open XBMC, then just Highlight Yellow button on the App and on the right panel, check "control button" then check "X button". after you've done that, you will see on the left panel beside the Yellow key it will 1st say Control, then X. no need to reboot, should work instantly...

Hope this helps
I already did all that, everything works under windows (key presses) but XBMC seems not to receive key presses.
Anyway, thanks for the help.
I use eventghost with the ps3remotesleep program... works perfect, can make the remote to any key I need it to... programing is simple too.
(2013-01-02, 23:30)coolasice Wrote: I use eventghost with the ps3remotesleep program... works perfect, can make the remote to any key I need it to... programing is simple too.

I'll try that, thank you
(2012-12-27, 11:01)tonovcp Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 19:53)cyo80rg101 Wrote: Looks simple enough - remapped the PS3 btn on the remote to launch the xbmc.exe, which works fine.

However, for some reason I cant get it to do *anything* inside XBMC itself - so simple I cant see what i'm missing!

XBMC sees my ir jeyboard fine - left cursor goes left, right cursor goes right etc, as expected.

Looking in PS3BM settings - left btn on the remote is mapped to the left cursor on the keyboard etc, but XBMC isnt having any of it...

Have switched XBMC's settings for "Full screen window vs real full screen", still no joy.

Infuriating - looks so simple I cant see where I'm going wrong! Wink

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem, ps3blumote is working ok in windows but in xbmc not doing anything.
any ideas?
PS reeboting didn't work

The same here, windows 8 pro 64bit, in the log of bluemote its working fine,
in other programms its working aswell
in xbmc it is not working,
is there a new setting in xbmc eden or something or is it skin depending?
anybody found a solution already or has an idea

Thx in advance
I tried eventghost and it works.
Thanks
Yeah event ghost did the trick, verry happy now thx all
really too bad that the volume buttons on the new version don't work over BT.

Does someone knows another BT Remote ?

Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
I found that Lenovo ships some of its A600 ideaCentre with a bluetooth MCE remote.

I haven't found (yet) if the remote can be bought alone.
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4