• 5(current)
[Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins
(2012-12-26, 07:15)western wombat Wrote: Hi Western,
the problem is with a missing library, I've just updated the link to a new channel 7 package:
http://code.google.com/p/bogs-xbmc-addon...ip&can=2&q=

Quote:Ok, I have now downloaded it and will install today. Thanks for that - I will also explore what XBMC can do for me on Windows (apart from Plus!7).

The new version with BeautifulSoup library included (plus720.05) installs and runs OK, to watch.

But I don't understand how to save to disk. I select that mode, but I don't see anything saved. Does it save as it is playing, rather than (like p7Napper, etc) downloading at a much faster rate using rtmpdump?
(2012-12-28, 02:43)western wombat Wrote:
(2012-12-26, 07:15)western wombat Wrote: Hi Western,
the problem is with a missing library, I've just updated the link to a new channel 7 package:
http://code.google.com/p/bogs-xbmc-addon...ip&can=2&q=

Quote:Ok, I have now downloaded it and will install today. Thanks for that - I will also explore what XBMC can do for me on Windows (apart from Plus!7).

The new version with BeautifulSoup library included (plus720.05) installs and runs OK, to watch.

But I don't understand how to save to disk. I select that mode, but I don't see anything saved. Does it save as it is playing, rather than (like p7Napper, etc) downloading at a much faster rate using rtmpdump?

You'll need to have rtmp dump installed on your machine (I think 2.4 is the current version) and then you'll need change the configuration of the plugin to point to the rtmp binary
(2012-12-28, 08:10)bog_gob Wrote: [You'll need to have rtmp dump installed on your machine (I think 2.4 is the current version) and then you'll need change the configuration of the plugin to point to the rtmp binary

No, that was obvious and the folders and rtmpdump.exe are accurately entered. If not, wouldn't your code spit the dummy? I'll make both paths obviously bad, and test that supposition.

Yes, on attempting to play or save to disk, wrong paths cause a script error.

This is how I attempt to (save) Record to Disk: once the Plus7 Series menu comes up, I select it (eg, Beauty and the Geek Australia), then right-click on an episode (eg, BAG series 4 episode 4), and choose Record to Disk. Is there more to do? Or is that incorrect?
(2012-12-28, 13:50)western wombat Wrote:
(2012-12-28, 08:10)bog_gob Wrote: [You'll need to have rtmp dump installed on your machine (I think 2.4 is the current version) and then you'll need change the configuration of the plugin to point to the rtmp binary

No, that was obvious and the folders and rtmpdump.exe are accurately entered. If not, wouldn't your code spit the dummy? I'll make both paths obviously bad, and test that supposition.

Yes, on attempting to play or save to disk, wrong paths cause a script error.

This is how I attempt to (save) Record to Disk: once the Plus7 Series menu comes up, I select it (eg, Beauty and the Geek Australia), then right-click on an episode (eg, BAG series 4 episode 4), and choose Record to Disk. Is there more to do? Or is that incorrect?

If it works it will to the dump in the background as a seperate process (so you may not notice from XBMC), try having a look in the destination folder (if you can't directly access the file system add the folder as one of your video sources and browse to it in XBMC). You can also capture the log and put in pastebin, put the pastebin URL in your next post
(2012-12-28, 21:06)bog_gob Wrote: If it works it will to the dump in the background as a seperate process (so you may not notice from XBMC), try having a look in the destination folder (if you can't directly access the file system add the folder as one of your video sources and browse to it in XBMC). You can also capture the log and put in pastebin, put the pastebin URL in your next post

OK, examining the log I see that the save path needs a trailing / - XBMC itself should have better checking, or it could be done withn your python script.
I can now see the video is being saved to disk (lots of underscore characters ?), but I don't see a visible window from the rtmpdump process (though rtmpdump is active in Windows Task Manager).

So, it's working.

I can't say that I'm in love with the XBMC UI.
(2012-12-29, 01:35)western wombat Wrote:
(2012-12-28, 21:06)bog_gob Wrote: If it works it will to the dump in the background as a seperate process (so you may not notice from XBMC), try having a look in the destination folder (if you can't directly access the file system add the folder as one of your video sources and browse to it in XBMC). You can also capture the log and put in pastebin, put the pastebin URL in your next post

OK, examining the log I see that the save path needs a trailing / - XBMC itself should have better checking, or it could be done withn your python script.
I can now see the video is being saved to disk (lots of underscore characters ?), but I don't see a visible window from the rtmpdump process (though rtmpdump is active in Windows Task Manager).

So, it's working.

I can't say that I'm in love with the XBMC UI.

As far as the trailing / mia culpa Smile, I haven't gone to great lengths to harden the plugins I've written. The names used for the output files are sourced from the webpage. I'm not an expert on the XBMC API myself so I'm not sure how to display the background task in the UI without it "blocking" the rest of the app
(2012-12-29, 05:12)bog_gob Wrote: As far as the trailing / mia culpa Smile, I haven't gone to great lengths to harden the plugins I've written. The names used for the output files are sourced from the webpage. I'm not an expert on the XBMC API myself so I'm not sure how to display the background task in the UI without it "blocking" the rest of the app

No problems, just happy to have it working!
bog_gob thanks for all your hard work. Is there any chance you could add a proxy setting/feature to the Channel 7 catchup plugin please? Big Home and Away fan here in Ireland and would love to get the latest episodes! Thanks again mate. Smile
+1
(2013-01-15, 15:48)VanZan Wrote: bog_gob thanks for all your hard work. Is there any chance you could add a proxy setting/feature to the Channel 7 catchup plugin please? Big Home and Away fan here in Ireland and would love to get the latest episodes! Thanks again mate. Smile

Sorry about the late reply. It might be possible to set the plugin up to optionally use rtmpt instead of rtmp. Note this may possibly slow down the transmission due to the extra overhead. I'll investigate it
Thanks mate! I appreciate it.
Right in my desperate crusade to see the latest Home & Away episodes I signed up with a SmartDNS. I changed my location to Australia and installed both this plugin and the original 7 plugin. Still no luck though. The original plugin gives a url not found error. Bog-gob's version doesn't even list any episodes. I just get a script error. I notice the addon settings has a section for the location of rtmpdump. I'm using OpenElec so I think I may be out of luck there. Regardless I set the path to OE's librtmpdump.so but still no joy. Not sure what else I can do? Any suggestions? Besides relocating to Australia I mean! Big Grin
Hi VanZan, post your debug log to pastebin and put the URL in this thread, I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31769
Just to add that I don't have any other Aussie plugins so I'm not 100% certain that it's not the SmartDNS at fault.
Hi VanZan,
I've looked at your log, it seems as thought the HTML scraper is not finding the correct content in the Channel 7 web page. It could be that 7 is somehow region blocking the HTML content (e.g. removing links to the video). It could be that the media PC DNS service is not using your proxy re-direct.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Australian Tv Channel Additional Plugins3