RTMP Url with space in playpath
Hi,

I am trying to play an rtmp url with a space in the playpath. It is working fine with rtmpdump but I don't know how to make it work within xbmc.

RTMPdump:
Code:
rtmpdump -r "rtmp://fms.edge.newmedia.nacamar.net/tele5_vod" --playpath "mp4:10_Kalkfes Mattscheibe_exp.mov" -o "10_Kalkfes Mattscheibe_exp.mov"

XBMC-Plugin:
Code:
stream_url = "rtmp://fms.edge.newmedia.nacamar.net/tele5_vod playpath=mp4:10_Kalkfes Mattscheibe_exp.mov"
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(path=stream_url)
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(thisPlugin, True, item)

XBMC-Log:
Code:
16:10:45 T:2894922432  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: rtmp://fms.edge.newmedia.nacamar.net/tele5_vod playpath=mp4:10_Kalkfes Mattscheibe_exp.mov
16:10:45 T:2894922432 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
16:10:45 T:2955980800  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
16:10:46 T:2955980800 WARNING: HandShake: client signature does not match!
16:10:46 T:2955980800   ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound
16:10:46 T:2955980800   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmp://fms.edge.newmedia.nacamar.net/tele5_vod playpath=mp4:10_Kalkfes Mattscheibe_exp.mov]
16:10:46 T:2955980800  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
16:10:46 T:2955980800  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream

I hope this makes sense and someone could help me with it.

dethfeet
Looks like a XBMC bug. I tried with urlencoding the space or escaping it with a backslash - both didn't work.

But I have a workaround for you:
You can set the playpath via setProperty().

PHP Code:
stream_url 'rtmp://fms.edge.newmedia.nacamar.net/tele5_vod'
playpath 'mp4:10_Kalkfes Mattscheibe_exp.mov'
item xbmcgui.ListItem(path=stream_url)
item.setProperty('PlayPath'playpath); 
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(thisPluginTrueitem

Works...

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks, this helps a lot :-)
edit - re-read and my advice didn't make sense anymore Smile
Below code still produces an error Sad Any help would be appreciated.
PHP Code:
stream_url 'rtmp://streaming.tvs.pl:80/vod'
playpath 'mp4:Biznes Klasa/03/bk22.03.2013.mov'
swfUrl'http://www.tvs.pl/gfx/mediaplayer-5.3-licensed/player.swf'
live='true'
swfVfy='true'

liz xbmcgui.ListItem(path=stream_url)
liz.setProperty('playpath'playpath);
liz.setProperty('swfUrl'swfUrl);
liz.setProperty('live'live);
liz.setProperty('swfVfy'swfVfy);
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]),Trueliz

Code:
19:52:15 T:3288  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: rtmp://streaming.tvs.pl:80/vod playpath=mp4:Biznes Klasa/03/bk08.03.2013.mov swfUrl=http://www.tvs.pl/gfx/mediaplayer-5.3-licensed/player.swf live=true swfVfy=true
19:52:15 T:3288 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
19:52:15 T:3376  NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
19:52:15 T:3376  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
19:52:15 T:3376   ERROR: Unknown option Klasa/03/bk08.03.2013.mov swfUrl
(2013-01-06, 19:46)sphere Wrote: Looks like a XBMC bug. I tried with urlencoding the space or escaping it with a backslash - both didn't work.

But I have a workaround for you:
You can set the playpath via setProperty().

PHP Code:
stream_url 'rtmp://fms.edge.newmedia.nacamar.net/tele5_vod'
playpath 'mp4:10_Kalkfes Mattscheibe_exp.mov'
item xbmcgui.ListItem(path=stream_url)
item.setProperty('PlayPath'playpath); 
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(thisPluginTrueitem

Works...

regards,
sphere

Hello.It looks like you could help me too,please.My question is about playing rtmp live tv streams (with spaces in the playpath) in android. This is my issue:
I get the URL from the live tv channel websites using wireshark or Coojah or URLhelper.
I have no problem putting these URLs in an xml file and having them stream in XBMC and in many other windows players ,when I put the link directly in the player to open it. They all play nice.
I am also trying to create an basic- simple android app to play some Live TV Channels'
When I put the (above mentioned type of) URLs in my android app, html in the apps creator ,automatically replaces the spaces with %20. And the links do not open up to play.
But, I put the same link directly in the players (such as MX player) on the android device it opens up and plays with no problem.
I am guessing the spaces replaced with %20 in the links causing the issue !? is this could be the reason ?.Or anything else? Any ideas, solutions ? Thanks.
Sample URL I'm using:
rtmp://media2.lsops.net/live/ playpath=bloomber_en_high.sdp swfUrl="http://www.livestation.com/flash/player/5.4/player.swf" swfVfy=true live=true timeout=10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RTMP Url with space in playpath0