• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
I will check back with you on issue #3. I use the "Banner" layout and it is only happening with seasons as far as I can tell.
shedrock,

what are you using for scraping and organizing there is an issue with ember and poster banner naming for frodo and then with Frodo itself (have you read the faq it tells you what new naming conventions to use). I get some of those weid images as well and have to update them for some movies never for banners but I do not ever use local images. I have noticed that you need to update the thumb/banner/poster and then once selected hit the home/green button on my remote at least and then it will update the file no issues. you would not have an issue with openelec ver 2 as it is eden based.

gade- dwnlding the skin now, will let you know later - thanks for the quick turnaround, hope your not getting beat up on your holiday for playing with this.

rgds,

Dave
I use IMDB for movies and TheTVDB for TV Shows. As for the missing artwork (posters) in my documentaries, these are made by me because the artwork does not exist and the nfo's have been manually created and have been working on my regular Rapier with OpenELEC 2.0.0. Also, the Confluence and AeonNox skins have no issues.

Shedrock
The last release is also locking up my system as well, everytime I navigate in the tv shows section. I don't have the issue with any other skin.

Also, Recently Added and In Progress windows take at least 7 seconds to load information on startup.

Gade,

uninstalled the last version from XBMCBuntu RC3 and installed the lastest version and it fixed the main label problem. Everything for me is functioning as it did in eden at this point. Why did the latest version come in a 17.5Mb and the older versions were 30+ mb. The only thing I cannot figure out is my hd movies with dts-hd are still showing up as just DTS and not dts-hd or dts-ma. In confluence there were some that tagged correctly and some that did not. I need to go back and get all my movies in order there are I am sure several files in each folder that are no longer needed in Frodo and hopefully tagging is fixed in Ember.

Shedrock, I am not sure what the issue is with your setup. I will re test with openelec as well and post back later. I have only a couple docs that I made art for but I created them and posted them up to tvdb and they work fine as banners, they were for discovery shark week on TVDB.

Dave
My brother and I are both experiencing it. It is weird but we have no issues with the other skins.

Another issues I am having using this skin in OpenELEC 3.0 (RC 1) - 2.99.1 is that when I access the TV Shows my TV Shows Hard Drive locks up. I have no idea why this is happening.

Again, I have not one issue with the other skins under this version of OpenELEC. It is only happening with Rapier. I also reinstalled OpenELEC and did everything from scratch and it seems to get locked up on the "icon" at the top of the TV Shows screen. The icon I am referring to is the "back arrow" If I only leave the blue bar on it, it freezes up and locks up my HD, It does not happen in the Movies screen. The view for movies is set to "Wall".

Shedrock
I use Thumbs Info for my TV show view and it is showing all my banners as icons even with the banner selection made under skin settings. Under Season choice I use List and it used to show the banner in the lower right but Im not so concerned with this one if its a big deal to fix.
(2013-01-15, 20:37)shedrock Wrote: 1 - I know that Linux is case sensitive so there is probably an issue with the casing of the path and this is porobably why the home menu icons aren't being displayed.

I discovered that I forgot to compress the images to a Textures.xbt file. I did this in the most recent update and that should solve all the menu problems. This is also the reason for the zip-file being smaller than before.

(2013-01-15, 20:37)shedrock Wrote: 4 - TV show "episode" thumbs take a lot longer to load if they are stored locally. My max wait time was over 3 minutes on a series that contained 13 episodes.

I have never experienced that. Maybe you are having some image or path issues? Are you naming your local images in the folders properly?

(2013-01-15, 20:37)shedrock Wrote: 5 - TV show banners for over one (1) season displays a poster where a banner should be, which is all overstretched. When "info" is pressed on my harmony one remote, you can however select the right banner, but only when you exit back to the main TV show screen you will see the change take effect.

I think you maybe need to download the images you need for this skin. If you use the addon script.artwork.downloader, you can go to the Skin Settings -> Add-ons -> Download Presets TV Shows -> Press Poster or Clear Logo or whatever you need to download for all your tv shows (posters are what you need for the view Thumbs Info in TV Shows. I did this and afterwards everything displayed properly.

(2013-01-15, 20:37)shedrock Wrote: btw: I have no issues with OpenELEC 2.0.0 using the official Rapier skin.

OpenELEC 2.0.0 is made for Eden.

(2013-01-16, 00:24)shedrock Wrote: Also, Recently Added and In Progress windows take at least 7 seconds to load information on startup.

That's weird. Recently Added and Recommended is faster than ever for me after I updated to Frodo. Are anybody else experiencing this problem?
Quote:I have never experienced that. Maybe you are having some image or path issues? Are you naming your local images in the folders properly?

These images are all stored in the DB after they are downloaded by thetvdb.

Quote:I think you maybe need to download the images you need for this skin. If you use the addon script.artwork.downloader, you can go to the Skin Settings -> Add-ons -> Download Presets TV Shows -> Press Poster or Clear Logo or whatever you need to download for all your tv shows (posters are what you need for the view Thumbs Info in TV Shows. I did this and afterwards everything displayed properly.

This has always been the method I use.

Quote:OpenELEC 2.0.0 is made for Eden.

I am aware of that. I was trying to point out that I had no issues with the Rapier skin and I have the same configuration, just a different version of OpenELEC and an updated Rapier.
(2013-01-16, 01:04)rodercot Wrote: uninstalled the last version from XBMCBuntu RC3 and installed the lastest version and it fixed the main label problem. Everything for me is functioning as it did in eden at this point. Why did the latest version come in a 17.5Mb and the older versions were 30+ mb. The only thing I cannot figure out is my hd movies with dts-hd are still showing up as just DTS and not dts-hd or dts-ma. In confluence there were some that tagged correctly and some that did not. I need to go back and get all my movies in order there are I am sure several files in each folder that are no longer needed in Frodo and hopefully tagging is fixed in Ember.

Hi Dave.

Great to hear that everything works fine for you now. The reason for the smaller zip file size (and also for the missing Home screen icons), is that I forgot to compress the images into a Textures.xbt file.

About your HD Movies: do they have more than 1 audio track? Maybe the DTS-HD is audio track number 2 in the movie file? As I have seen it, XBMC displays codec information for the first audio track in the file. I don't think that Confluence has Media Flag support for DTS-HD MA or DTS-HD HRA.
(2013-01-16, 07:32)Sccrluk9 Wrote: I use Thumbs Info for my TV show view and it is showing all my banners as icons even with the banner selection made under skin settings. Under Season choice I use List and it used to show the banner in the lower right but Im not so concerned with this one if its a big deal to fix.

I didn't create the skin, but my guess is that Thumbs Info View is made only for Posters. The image size would never display a banner properly and I can see in the code that the images are made only that way (129x172 pixel if you use the Normal view style under Options).

About the banner in the lower right for Seasons, I can create that as an option you can select under View Options.
Here are some images to prove my point with the movie artwork. Sorry about the poor images. It's a blackberry after all. Big Grin

Shedrock
Shedrock,

That is in fact what happened to me with a couple of HD movies but in my case it was showing a thumb and no poster at all, I had to go to the movies's directory and get the poster.jpg file - choose it - press OK and then hit the green (home) button in my case and it refreshed the image but it did that in confluence-mod2 as well. I am just about to setup Openelec again and re-scan the library with Rapier I will see what happens and report back. The other thing I found strange is that after I setup the new library and scanned all my items (they all have an nfo file) none of the movies were in order I had to reboot the system to get them in order again - seemed strange.

rgds,

Dave
Well,I reinstalled OpenELEC 3.0 RC1 again and tried. The main issues are still there. I still can't import a local poster. As I stated to Gade, this is only a Rapier issue. I also noticed that in TV Shows I have banner issues. If I am in the episodes view the banner is picking up a poster and it is over stretched.

I also mentioned that when in the home screen and you shift to Movies or TVShows that Recently added window, especially for the TV Shows is slow to load the episode thumbs.

I just wish that Gade could update this skin with none of the modifications. I love the Rapier skin for it's simplicity and elegance. Maybe he can just do a simple update. Big Grin

I also miss the option where I had the "Get Thumb, Get Fanart and Get Artwork". I know the new layout some would like but I still don't see the Get Artwork option in topbar.

Shedrock
(2013-01-16, 17:11)Gade Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 07:32)Sccrluk9 Wrote: I use Thumbs Info for my TV show view and it is showing all my banners as icons even with the banner selection made under skin settings. Under Season choice I use List and it used to show the banner in the lower right but Im not so concerned with this one if its a big deal to fix.

I didn't create the skin, but my guess is that Thumbs Info View is made only for Posters. The image size would never display a banner properly and I can see in the code that the images are made only that way (129x172 pixel if you use the Normal view style under Options).

About the banner in the lower right for Seasons, I can create that as an option you can select under View Options.

I installed XBMC Eden and the 4.0 RC Rapier skin on another machine and when I select this view it shows the info and fanart on the left and banners on the right 2 cols wide. Just thought it may have been a change on the move to Frodo

Ill dig around a little more tonight. If I have to end up editing code I may just do that. I like to see some info about the show currently selected and dont really like the views that currently offer it.

Gade,

I installed openelec 3.0 here and all is working OK for me. With that being said I am seeing some issues with movies (posters) primarily but I am not sure if it the skin or it is artwork downloader that is the issue OR it is frodo and ember media manager. A fresh library scan is showing some thumb images instead of posters and I ended up having to refesh the movie letting xbmc scan it instead of using the nfo that was already in the movies folder to change it, this also loaded up the dts-hd logo for that specific movie. I have to do some more digging and find the root of this cause before I blame the skin. With that library scan I did end up having to change about 15 movie posters to ones that I had created previously and were in the movie's folder as poster.jpg (for frodo) and this has me a little confused, that I have not seen before in testing. I will report back once i figure if this is an ember, frodo or rapier issue. It also seems that frodo/rapier is not reading sort orders that I add in ember this always worked before, as well having a movie named something.dvd.format is not showing the dvd logo in media tags.

shedrock if you are in your movie and highlight a poster and hit I you should get the movie info across the top you should have play, get art, refresh download art etc... are you not seeing this bar. it is there for all my movies.

rgds,

Dave
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2