• 3(current)
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display
Thank you very much for creating this compact version!

Works like a charm on Frodo RC2!
hi there, got everything working...
is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle the info display?
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2013-01-16, 23:50)bimme Wrote: hi there, got everything working...

Keyboard shortcuts like that are set by XBMC. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap
(2013-01-16, 23:54)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 23:50)bimme Wrote: hi there, got everything working...

Keyboard shortcuts like that are set by XBMC. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap

thx, but what should i bind to a keyboard shortcut to open/close SpeedfanInfo? what "action"?
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2013-01-17, 22:49)bimme Wrote: thx, but what should i bind to a keyboard shortcut to open/close SpeedfanInfo? what "action"?

Here's what I have in my keymap file:
Code:
<f1>RunAddon(script.speedfaninfo)</f1>

That activates SpeedFanInfo when I press F1. A couple of things to note:

1- In the current version of the addon (the one in the repo) if you press the key multiple times, it will actually launch a new copy of SpeedFanInfo each time. In the test version in my github repo the addon sees that a copy is already running and doesn't try and run again.

2- The keyboard shortcut doesn't actually "toggle" SpeedFanInfo. It can only launch it. You have to exit it using the normal back key. I tried a few different ways to have it actually toggle, but given I don't know which key you might assign to activate it, there was no good way to have the program look for the key.

I'm using LM Remote KeyMap to map remote actions to keyboard actions, and with that I was able to have a little LM script that determines the current status and sends a different key press. That was the best I could do.

BTW, I'll probably be submitting the update this weekend to the main repo.
I'll try that. Thanks.

Edit: Works very well, thx.
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
hi pkscuot, did you see my reply to your pull request last week?
or did i somehow miss your response?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
No, that one's on me. I didn't see the reply. I'll make the adjustments this weekend.
hello. I have a strange problem because every time you turn the computer from sleep or restart SpeedFan creates a new log file, and each time I have to overwrite the file headers. Is it any way because it is annoying.
Speedfan does create a new file at restart of the machine or application as well as every day. That's the normal behavior for the application, and the addon automatically figures out the most current log file and uses it. Did you change the names of the various speeds and temperatures via the Speedfan application or by manually editing the log file? In order for Speedfan to have the right headers when it creates a new log file, you have to change the name of the items in the Speedfan GUI. Right clicking on the name of the particular item should allow you to edit it in the GUI.
Thank you for your reply I did not know that you need to change it in the program I was doing it manually now everything works as it should thank you very much.
Hi
I installed speedfan app then xbmc addon but for some reason it keeps telling me log file is not found.
I pointed into speedfan dir but that didn't help

anyideas ?

speedfan works fine but itself
Please enable debugging in XBMC, try again, and post a link to your debug log.
(2013-03-28, 03:19)pkscuot Wrote: Please enable debugging in XBMC, try again, and post a link to your debug log.

Here's a copy in dropbox

Link
(2013-03-28, 01:16)lukas718 Wrote: Hi
I installed speedfan app then xbmc addon but for some reason it keeps telling me log file is not found.
I pointed into speedfan dir but that didn't help

Well, I can at least see that SpeedFan Info Display (SID) is looking for the log file, but it isn't finding one. Did you read the wiki page and follow the instructions for setting up the logging in SpeedFan? SpeedFan doesn't have logging turned on by default, and you have to configure the items you want to log and name them properly for SID to parse and display the information. The wiki link is in my signature.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display0