• 4(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
HAHAHA, remember, this is a simple playback test, not a stress test so I recommend saying away from killa.
Aniol Flame 7" tablet
Android 4.0.4
AMLogic AML8726-MX 1.5 GHz Dual Core processor
1GB DDR3 RAM
Dual Core Mali400 - A quick check I did with a CPU info app says that this is a quad - dual core gpu per core of the processor
1200x800 ips screen

A rough value would be

birds 9.9 fps
potter 24fps
planet earth 13 fps
planet earth 13 fps with subs
shrinkage 10fps
shrinkage 10fps
monsters 10fps with subs
HD dvd trailer 10 fps audio in and out on both tracks
Matrix 24 fps with subs pretty much locked at 24fps

No crashes on any vid - framerate was bad on most with audio skipping in and out - subs all seem to display as ye meant them to
animation sample has them vertically up the middle of the screen
For each frame that was displayed I couldn't see any artefacts

I played each file to the end - log posted here

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=28516

I made an error when I posted last night about this unit - all the files bar the hd dvd and the matrix play back with hardware support on the tablet
I hadnt the codec installed for MX Player Sad
HD dvd plays back in software on every other player - no hardware support

Hope this is of some use
Nexus Q

[7:01pm] arcee: V/XBMC ( 2036): 00:00:52 T:1511471240 ERROR: CStageFrightVideo:: - Unsupported color format: 2130706688
[7:01pm] arcee: V/XBMC ( 2036): 00:00:52 T:1511471240 ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecStageFright:: - failed to open, codec(28), profile(100), level(41)
[7:01pm] arcee: V/XBMC ( 2036): 00:00:52 T:1511471240 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: stf-h264 - Failed
[7:01pm] arcee: V/XBMC ( 2036): 00:00:52 T:1511471240 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: - Opening
[7:01pm] arcee: V/XBMC ( 2036): 00:00:52 T:1511471240 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10

[7:22pm] arcee: 2130706688 is OMX_TI_COLOR_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanar
[7:22pm] arcee: you should be able to treat it as YUV420SP
[7:22pm] arcee: and that'll be required on OMAP4s

FYI Smile
My Jynxbox Android HD doesn't show a single frame of video - it just plays the audio correctly in the background and stays in the menu. Admittedly it's about the 684th version of XBMC I'm installing on it so the box might be fubar in need of a factory reset by now. I would however expect for this build to work since the Jynxbox Android HD is essentially the same hardware as the Pivos Xios DS afaik.

I don't suppose it creates a log if it doesn't even start playback? If so let me know and I'll reinstall with the debugversion this weekend.

edit: hrm it actually does try to playback it seems, see this screenshot after I forced it to fullscreen. It shows subs, plays all audio, just no video with 100% CPU usage and 7fps.

edit2: on a more positive note I can confirm it works fine on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (Exynos), including 1080p birds Smile
I double that any amlogic device will support hardware decode via stagefright, amlogic never added it Smile
I am experiencing crashes on a Minix Neo G4 with the HW version (SW version is slow and otu of sync, just like the official RC3), but I can't submit a log because I can't find it... It seems to be logging under the /data/data/ directory, which I can't access since my device isn't rooted... any suggestions on how I can get that log to you?
(2013-01-17, 05:54)Drakkim Wrote: I am experiencing crashes on a Minix Neo G4 with the HW version (SW version is slow and otu of sync, just like the official RC3), but I can't submit a log because I can't find it... It seems to be logging under the /data/data/ directory, which I can't access since my device isn't rooted... any suggestions on how I can get that log to you?

It should usually be located on your "external" storage but what is the external storage depends on your device. On my SGS2 this is the path where you can find the log: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Debug_log#Location
With adb you can also access the /data/data/ directory without having to root your device. But you need to know what folder/file you are looking for because an "ls" in /data/data/ most likely returns an error. Or as mentioned in the initial post you can give add-on:XBMC Log Uploader (wiki) a try.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2013-01-17, 04:09)davilla Wrote: I double that any amlogic device will support hardware decode via stagefright, amlogic never added it Smile

You mean theiy provide a proprietary video player of their own on each android device using their chipset?

That would also mean that no external player would get any acceleration (unless they create / rip amlplayer, of course Wink )
(2013-01-17, 02:53)davilla Wrote: Nexus Q

[7:01pm] arcee: V/XBMC ( 2036): 00:00:52 T:1511471240 ERROR: CStageFrightVideo:: - Unsupported color format: 2130706688
That's actually a bug. In HW rendering, the color conversion is done in HW too, so we don't care...

(2013-01-17, 02:59)curry684 Wrote: My Jynxbox Android HD doesn't show a single frame of video - it just plays the audio correctly in the background and stays in the menu. Admittedly it's about the 684th version of XBMC I'm installing on it so the box might be fubar in need of a factory reset by now. I would however expect for this build to work since the Jynxbox Android HD is essentially the same hardware as the Pivos Xios DS afaik.

I don't suppose it creates a log if it doesn't even start playback? If so let me know and I'll reinstall with the debugversion this weekend.

edit: hrm it actually does try to playback it seems, see this screenshot after I forced it to fullscreen. It shows subs, plays all audio, just no video with 100% CPU usage and 7fps.

edit2: on a more positive note I can confirm it works fine on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (Exynos), including 1080p birds Smile

My jynxbox android HD is doing the same thing........Nod

(2013-01-17, 15:19)curry684 Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 04:09)davilla Wrote: I double that any amlogic device will support hardware decode via stagefright, amlogic never added it Smile
Hmm ok, but since the Jynxbox is essentially the same H/W as the Pivos, and the Pivos is afaik TeamXBMC's primary Android development target, why doesn't this build recognize and support it correctly? I tried official Frodo RC2 as well and it sure as hell did software rendering (barely managed to play medium bitrate SD, chop parade on 720p).

This build is focused on libstagefright hardware decoding and ONLY libstagefright hardware decoding. If you want to discuss other hardware decoding, take it elsewhere and do not hijack this thread, please.
Hello, I have tested on my nexus7, and as I see the hardware decoding does Not work. How can you check that he is switched on or not? The tested video is an 1920x1080 m2ts file. My Nexus 7 is not rooted, and cannot get into the data/data folder.
My routed Samsung Galaxy S (CM10.1) does not do hardware decoding as well. Again I have no clue how to check it
As a note to others:

The logs are not stored in the sdcard on either of the devices that I tried. While the xbmc data are all stored under the "sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc" the debug logs are stored in the root "data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp" folder.

Those users w/o a rooted device will likely not have access to the logs..
(2013-01-17, 22:32)manxam Wrote: As a note to others:

The logs are not stored in the sdcard on either of the devices that I tried. While the xbmc data are all stored under the "sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc" the debug logs are stored in the root "data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp" folder.

ADB logcat should work just fine.
(2013-01-17, 22:32)manxam Wrote: As a note to others:

Either adb logcat (as already mentioned) or
Code:
adb pull /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log ~/xbmc.log
and both should work on any device independent of whether it has been rooted or not.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10