• 56(current)
Back Row General Discussion
Hi mate!
Thank you for the quick reply!

I tried to install the version you linked me and also being old it works quite fine. I just noticed that strangely images are not appearing in the home screen menu (over "Video", "Music", "Pictures", etc. there is just the transparent overlay...) and the skin options pages are written in a strange Nordic language (Swedish?). Can you maybe give me some hint on how to fix these small glitches? All the rest seems to be ok. :-)

Thank you very much!

Uli666
Oh that's tricky I've no way of really helping properly as I don't have an xbox and it's such an old file.

Try changing the language in the settings screen to English to fix the Nordic language in skin settings.

I don't know about the images - when you get the skin settings working in English have a mess around in there and see if there's anything to alter under the "Home" options.

Sorry but I can't really be much more help I'm afraid
I changed the language to English so I could understand the skin settings. I tried to fiddle with the Home options a bit, but still the images are missing in the Home screen... really weird stuff!

Don't worry too much anyway, since I'm considering building myself a small HTPC (and finally putting to a rest the old Xbox) to enjoy HDTV, XBMC and Back Row at their best potential. Smile

Thanks for your help!

Uli666
(2013-01-04, 23:53)Sharpe Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 07:44)Frozin Wrote: Hello,

I'm using Frodo RC2, and can't seem to get the logo fanart views to work. Everything is up to date and I've downloaded the logo.png files with artwork download and tried updating library and they still won't populate.

EDIT: it appears artwork downloader isn't downloading the logo's, even though I have logo's marked for downloading. I even tried going into the movie "INFO SCREEN" and download it that way and, while it says its been downloaded it actually doesn't appear that it is.

Right I think it's related to how you configure the artwork downloader addon (under addons\services) - I had a similar thing happen until I removed the "limit artwork" restrictions that I had previously set up (for fanart) it seems that those rating restrictions also are being applied to logos - whereas when the skin used the old logo downloader this wasn't the case. Once removed I could download any logos again. Do you think that could be it? Or maybe one of the other addon settings?

Sorry for how long it took to resppnd. it does work when removing limits on artwork downloader
Hello Sharpe,
I really like your skin.Back-Row

I cannot seem to get the optional view - Movie Fan Art Info Wrap

Is it available in Frodo RC3/Openelec?
Is there a TV Shows Fan Art info Wrap?

I have looked in skin settings but i dont even see the option and it sure looks nice.

Thank you.

EDIT: fiddling with post #785, now I should be able to get it working
i wonder though if it has anything to do with relocation of the Storage folder (tv shows are not showing up).
(2013-01-14, 07:54)mosst Wrote: Hello Sharpe,
I really like your skin.Back-Row

I cannot seem to get the optional view - Movie Fan Art Info Wrap

Is it available in Frodo RC3/Openelec?
Is there a TV Shows Fan Art info Wrap?

I have looked in skin settings but i dont even see the option and it sure looks nice.

Thank you.

EDIT: fiddling with post #785, now I should be able to get it working
i wonder though if it has anything to do with relocation of the Storage folder (tv shows are not showing up).

Hi mosst - sounds like you're on with it now so I'll wait to see how you get on. And yes you're probably right about the tv stuff. If you scan some tv shows into the library then move those shows to a different location the entries in library won't work any more as they are pointing to the old location for the shows. You would need to run "clean library" from the video settings screen then re-scan your shows at their new location.

Cheers
Using raspbmc rc2. I was also getting "dependencies not met" using the zip file. I then coped repository.passion.xbmc.org to /home/pi/.xbmc/addons but I don't see anything listed in XBMC Add-ons other than "xbmc.org add-ons".
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-01-15, 03:41)CaptainKen Wrote: Using raspbmc rc2. I was also getting "dependencies not met" using the zip file. I then coped repository.passion.xbmc.org to /home/pi/.xbmc/addons but I don't see anything listed in XBMC Add-ons other than "xbmc.org add-ons".

I don't think that Passion's regular repo is set up for Frodo yet (I might be wrong though - you should check with those guys). Also I don't think the latest version of Back Row is on there.

For now you would be better installing Back Row by either using the version within the main XBMC repop or by downloading the Frodo version of Back Row from my mediafire download link - (the benefit of doing that is that it has all the movie, game and recording studios images included - the one in repo hasn't in order to save space).
Hi Sharpe,

Happy New Year!

Just upgraded to frodo and the corresponding BackRow 4.03.

Having a problem setting my file source for Videos and for Music Videos.

There seems to be a new behaviour where I can only point them to favourites. Not a big deal in theory, i favourited the relevant file sources and inputted them as sources.

However when i click the Videos or Music Videos Home button i get a blank screen. I can access the same file sources either directly or via favourites without a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Also....are there any files I can copy over from the Eden installion of Backrow that would keep all my skin settings in place?
(2013-01-18, 15:03)kiboy6 Wrote: Hi Sharpe,

Happy New Year!

There seems to be a new behaviour where I can only point them to favourites. Not a big deal in theory, i favourited the relevant file sources and inputted them as sources.

However when i click the Videos or Music Videos Home button i get a blank screen. I can access the same file sources either directly or via favourites without a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Also....are there any files I can copy over from the Eden installion of Backrow that would keep all my skin settings in place?

Hi mate all the best to you too

Yeah I think you need to update your favourites script - there was an issue with marking a folder on a network mapped drive as a favourite. ronie's fixed it though.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.favourites/

I think the settings should just carry over,

Awesome - thanks Sharpe...will install Ronie's script.

(2013-01-18, 17:42)Sharpe Wrote: I think the settings should just carry over,

But I had been running Back.Row SVN so the folder names are different and it's not a straight upgrade. I presume the addon settings can be preserved between the two somehow though....?
Oh I see - I guess you could try something wacky like editing guisettings.xml and replacing every instance of skin.back-row.svn with skin.back-row. You'll no doubt have some issues doing that.
(2013-01-18, 17:42)Sharpe Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 15:03)kiboy6 Wrote: Hi Sharpe,

Happy New Year!

Yeah I think you need to update your favourites script - there was an issue with marking a folder on a network mapped drive as a favourite. ronie's fixed it though.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.favourites/

Updated the favourites script but still can't get this to work. The relevant folders are selectable as favourites. I can access them no problem via the heart at the bottom of the home screen. It's just when I select that favourite as "set default video source" in BackRow settings that it doesn't work. (I get a blank menu when i press the "Videos" button on the homescreen).

In other words, the favourites themselves work fine....the problem seems only to occur when BackRow calls them

Thanks a lot if you can help get to the bottom of this!
FEATURE REQUEST for the otherwise PERFECT SKIN

I would love to see Fanart + MilkDrop overlayed in the music player.

It is just too much trouble using other skins that do this and then trying to tweak them to be as clean as this one is for library navigation. I know this skin is (I guess in theory) a minimalist skin... please consider that there is just not much gone into the Backrow Music player... it could use a polishing and IMO this one easy feature in confluence and transparency makes all the difference... just by putting the fanart behind the visualization....

and just in case it isn't supported already let me mention the importance of CU LRC Lyrics script support too here... THANKS!
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6