One or more items failed to play
I get the error message "One or more items failed to play, check the log files" when I try to play movie files via ip-adress/SMB connection.

I run xbmc on ATV2,

Here is my Log file

Very thankful for any helps.
Code:
12:34:32 T:131751936    INFO: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://Macbook:@192.168.1.4/XBMC/Movies/zipzipzipobfuscated.mkv'

you provided "macbook" as username and didn't specify a password - what ever your server is - it doesn't like that or the server is somehow missconfigured...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-01, 23:34)Memphiz Wrote:
Code:
12:34:32 T:131751936    INFO: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://Macbook:@192.168.1.4/XBMC/Movies/zipzipzipobfuscated.mkv'

you provided "macbook" as username and didn't specify a password - what ever your server is - it doesn't like that or the server is somehow missconfigured...

I dont have any password why I didn't specify. I can see all the files on ATV that I've on the shared folder on my macbook pro but can not play them.
Wink 
Have finally solved the problem now. I restored the ATV2 and jailbroken it again (don't know if this was necessary, but wanted to be sure)

And I tried this way to share my files from macbook.

On macbook; settings>sharing I've added the folder I want to share.

On the ATV2; XBMC> Videos> add videos ... > Browse> zeroconf browser .. there You should find your computer, choose the (AFP if apple) folder there you will find the files you want to watch Smile Smile Smile

this works even with external hard drives Big Grin Wink
check AFP (wiki) though - before posting any issues with it ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Guys I need Help! I have been using xbmc the past few days and I mostly used tvc cabo verde from tv portuguesa(add-on). Well I got a error today when I tryed to open the stream that read " one or more items failed to play, check your log file". My log file is uploaded to http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138261 I dont know what to do and i need a solution ASAP.
Wrong forum mate, ask in the Windows section. This is IOS spesific

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
One or more items failed to play0