• 58(current)
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon
(2013-01-22, 00:12)MSingh Wrote: Thanks for the reply. But for some reason when the script scans it coverts to 3 Hours before airing. I'm on the west coast - pacific time - CA, USA. I even disabled & un-installed but not luck...
This show is shown at 10 pm on the east coast. That is 7 pm at your location.
They show it in your time zone at 10 pm as well, but you could have watched it on the east coast 3 hours before.

The information seems to be completely correct.
i have for some time two labels not translated (and not present in language xml): 'Ended' and 'Cancelled'
(2013-01-29, 03:59)sergiocos Wrote: i have for some time two labels not translated (and not present in language xml): 'Ended' and 'Cancelled'

did you check the language file of nextaired?

Code:
<string id="32202">Cancelled/Ended</string>

if it's not that, i need more info..screenshot..which skin..etc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ah, sorry for the lack of details, i thought it's a new addition to tvrage, two new labels. I know about "Cancelled/Ended", but for Fringe I have only "Ended" (wich makes more sense) and for newly cancelled shows i have only "Cancelled". I'm at work now, but i will look more into it if needed.

I think it's only for show status changed starting 2013: Fringe it's the best example (Status: Ended) (ended in january)
(2013-01-31, 15:48)sergiocos Wrote: Ah, sorry for the lack of details, i thought it's a new addition to tvrage, two new labels. I know about "Cancelled/Ended", but for Fringe I have only "Ended" (wich makes more sense) and for newly cancelled shows i have only "Cancelled". I'm at work now, but i will look more into it if needed.

I think it's only for show status changed starting 2013: Fringe it's the best example (Status: Ended) (ended in january)

yup, you're entirely correct.
i'll have to adjust the addon accordingly.

cheers for the heads-up!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
updated version with separate labels for canceled and ended:
script.tv.show.next.aired-5.0.6.zip
Hello

Hey Ronie sorry for the late reply about the time zone issue but here is a screenshot.

So example : TBBT, TVD & Spartacus have the timings for 5PM. But I am in the Pacific time zone - CA.

http://i.imgur.com/jrMFoNul.jpg
(2013-02-01, 07:44)MSingh Wrote: Hello

Hey Ronie sorry for the late reply about the time zone issue but here is a screenshot.

So example : TBBT, TVD & Spartacus have the timings for 5PM. But I am in the Pacific time zone - CA.

i'm pretty sure i asked for a Debug Log, not a screenshot :-)
The Big Bang Theory first airs at 8 PM Eastern time, on CBS. In your time zone it is 3 hours earlier. Therefore in your time zone it is 5 PM
The Vampire Dairies first airs at 8 PM Eastern Time, on CW. In your time zone it is 3 hours earlier. Therefore in your time zone it is 5 PM
Spartacus first airs at 9 PM Eastern Time, on Starz.In your time zone it is 3 hours earlier. Therefore in your time zone it is 6 PM.

Hey look, all the information is completely correct.
(2013-02-01, 10:01)ronie Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 07:44)MSingh Wrote: Hello

i'm pretty sure i asked for a debug log, not a screenshot :-)

True but It didn't work. I know I'm not doing something right...

(2013-02-01, 10:17)Kibje Wrote: The Big Bang Theory first airs at 8 PM Eastern time, on CBS. In your time zone it is 3 hours earlier. Therefore in your time zone it is 5 PM
The Vampire Dairies first airs at 8 PM Eastern Time, on CW. In your time zone it is 3 hours earlier. Therefore in your time zone it is 5 PM
Spartacus first airs at 9 PM Eastern Time, on Starz.In your time zone it is 3 hours earlier. Therefore in your time zone it is 6 PM.

Hey look, all the information is completely correct.

Yes those timings are for Eastern times. It should show the correct time when it airs in your time zone.

Weather its 8 PM EST or PST it should show 8 PM in your time zone. So I ask is the add-on default to eastern time ?
(2013-02-01, 10:38)MSingh Wrote: Yes those timings are for Eastern times. It should show the correct time when it airs in your time zone.

Weather its 8 PM EST or PST it should show 8 PM in your time zone. So I ask is the add-on default to eastern time ?
This plugin always shows the time the TV-Shows was aired first.
In this case all three shows first aired at 5 and 6 PM your time. They were shown in the eastern part of the US.
Several hours later they might have at aired at 8PM and 9 PM in your time zone as well, but that was not the first time they were aired, and the plugin can't know that.

This plugin gets its information from tvrage.com, which does not have information about the time shows air in your city / location / whereabouts, it only knows the time when a show first airs anywhere worldwide.
This time is then presented to you in your local context.

In other words: You could download this show at any point past 5PM, that is why the plugin shows you 5 PM.

Not applying your time zone difference in this plugin might seem to be correct, but it would only work for shows that are rebroadcast in your time zone the same local time as it was when the original broadcast took place. It would also horribly invalidate every show that was not broadcast in eastern time. (Naruto Shippuuden is first broadcast 7.30 PM on TV Tokyo. You can download or watch it online at that time, which is 17 hours earlier. So at your location it would be 2:30 AM. It would make little sense to show 7:30 PM for that show)

Ronie, I'll happily keep explaining this in this thread Tongue
(2013-02-01, 01:28)ronie Wrote: updated version with separate labels for canceled and ended:

Hi Ronie,

Is your version goes to the official repository (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...ext.aired/) or it is a 'parallel' version?
Thanks.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

(2013-02-02, 01:04)Temhil Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 01:28)ronie Wrote: updated version with separate labels for canceled and ended:

Hi Ronie,

Is your version goes to the official repository (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...ext.aired/) or it is a 'parallel' version?
Thanks.

hi, yes i'm developing next aired and the v5.0.6 is the current development version.
if people don't find any bugs in it, i will push it to the addon repo.
I have a question about next aired widget in Aeon Nox.

see the following example, bear in mind that this was taken yesterday

Next aired widget is showing Big Bang as the next show that is being aired. However big bang was aired in the US thursday evening(early morning for EU). Shouldn't next aired widget be showing shows that are being aired tonight (as in friday / EU based saturday morning)?

Now it was showing a episode what was already aired and released and already in my library.

see also http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1320075

(2013-02-02, 10:01)RavenNL Wrote: I have a question about next aired widget in Aeon Nox.

see the following example, bear in mind that this was taken yesterday

Next aired widget is showing Big Bang as the next show that is being aired. However big bang was aired in the US thursday evening(early morning for EU). Shouldn't next aired widget be showing shows that are being aired tonight (as in friday / EU based saturday morning)?

Now it was showing a episode what was already aired and released and already in my library.

see also http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1320075

What verison are you using ? Eden V11 or Frodo V12 ? Also what's your next aired version ? Because the screenshot - That view doesn't show up for me.

• 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon2