XeeBo (Frodo) Discussion, Bugs, etc
Thank you ronakg.

everything works now! Smile
(2013-02-23, 22:01)ronakg Wrote: ^^ There is an option to enabled check marking in skin settings. Check it out.

@Hitcher, the skin performance is not as good as Confluence. I'm running XBMC on Raspberry Pi so I'm running with very less juice. I've tried disabling background fanart but it is still slow compared to Confluence on Raspbmc. Any other ideas to improve performance?

That's to be expected really as there's a lot more to some of the code than Confluence; auto-sizing buttons/grouplists should help improve this when they get added to the skinning engine.
Would it be possible to add online feeds to the homepage maybe from one of your video addons? that was one feature I kinda liked from boxee. also with recently added show could the episode image be used instead of poster art? cause it looks kinda strange when you add a season of a show and see the same poster art across the row. Other than that I really like the skin
Just wanted to say this is the best skin formated for tv display a big thanks for the hard working. Just one addition would it be possible to add addons shortcut in the home screen .where its says random items or recent played etc...
XBMC Fever..
Hi, I am running XBMC 12 on an OpenElec install on my ATV 1. I cannot get the following icons to appear on Xeebo 5.xxx

HD, SD & Watched check mark icons in the video list. It does work with other skins. I used this same skin on the old ATV jailbreak running Eden and xeebo and it worked great.

Any idea why these icons are missing?
Have you enabled them in the settings?
Where, I don't see an option to enable or disable icons?

Ah! nevermind. I found it! Thanks.
Can you add the season number to the tv show episode names, I like to flatten all my shows and when doing that its difficult to tell what season I'm on. Also can you add an option to be able to disable recently added tv shows/movies cause I really dont like how the tv shows look on the homepage (episode image instead of poster art).
another issue I've noticed is clicking on the read more button during playback doesn't do anything but the info key does. Also when you click the info key during playback can the info take up less of the screen?
I'll see what I can do.
(2013-03-04, 22:47)Hitcher Wrote: I'll see what I can do.
thanks, also I noticed if I goto videos and then files it takes me to my scraped library but if I go to videos and then library I can go the actual files and any sources I have added.
Any way to autohide the top bar where the clock is when entrering into an addon ?
XBMC Fever..
Hitcher,

Been using Xeebo for a couple days now, it's really growing on me!

Couple of things that became instantly annoying to me:

1. Main menu recent items:
why does it show the tv show cover art and not the episode thumbnail?
I just added a heap of Simpsons episodes and there are 5 repeated Simpsons posters... They will remain like that for as long as I decide to add a different show, which is not often. Looks silly, and have already had 3 people ask me why there's heaps of the same picture on the home screen.

2. Main menu:
I have selected to use Alyernate home menu, as I do not like the menu to be hidden. This is cool. However, I've had an earful from the mrs. and also my old man, because when they click 'videos' it changes to the video menu, but when they push 'back' on the remote nothing happens... They never figure out that you have to push 'left' .... Which I must admit, is quite silly... Considering the back button seems to work on every other menu system in your skin. This makes it non consistent and an annoyance to have to get use to. Can this be fixed by allowing 'back/backspace' to actually go back, instead of doing nothing?

3. Live Tv Timeline:
Scrolling the timeline works, but when you get to the bottom of the list, instead of taking you back to the top of the list, it takes you to the right hand side 'view' menu. Same happens when scrolling right to the top of the timeline. Obviously something that just needs some tinkering.

4. Scroll Bar:
I think the scroll bar is way too small when you have a lot of titles in your library...And seems inverted when selected. Moving right to select the scroll bar turns it dark, making it even harder to see then it already is, therefore you have a hard time figuring out what you've actually selected when you push 'right' to try and move over to the views menu. I think making it bigger, or having the background strip light up with a white border when selected would be more intuitive for the users navigation experience. You can quite quickly lose your bearings when moving right to change the view etc.

Anyways I hope you can implement these small changes, would be awesome.

Cheers,
Loggio
(2013-03-14, 08:23)loggio Wrote: Hitcher,

Been using Xeebo for a couple days now, it's really growing on me!

Couple of things that became instantly annoying to me:

1. Main menu recent items:
why does it show the tv show cover art and not the episode thumbnail?
I just added a heap of Simpsons episodes and there are 5 repeated Simpsons posters... They will remain like that for as long as I decide to add a different show, which is not often. Looks silly, and have already had 3 people ask me why there's heaps of the same picture on the home screen.

2. Main menu:
I have selected to use Alyernate home menu, as I do not like the menu to be hidden. This is cool. However, I've had an earful from the mrs. and also my old man, because when they click 'videos' it changes to the video menu, but when they push 'back' on the remote nothing happens... They never figure out that you have to push 'left' .... Which I must admit, is quite silly... Considering the back button seems to work on every other menu system in your skin. This makes it non consistent and an annoyance to have to get use to. Can this be fixed by allowing 'back/backspace' to actually go back, instead of doing nothing?

3. Live Tv Timeline:
Scrolling the timeline works, but when you get to the bottom of the list, instead of taking you back to the top of the list, it takes you to the right hand side 'view' menu. Same happens when scrolling right to the top of the timeline. Obviously something that just needs some tinkering.

4. Scroll Bar:
I think the scroll bar is way too small when you have a lot of titles in your library...And seems inverted when selected. Moving right to select the scroll bar turns it dark, making it even harder to see then it already is, therefore you have a hard time figuring out what you've actually selected when you push 'right' to try and move over to the views menu. I think making it bigger, or having the background strip light up with a white border when selected would be more intuitive for the users navigation experience. You can quite quickly lose your bearings when moving right to change the view etc.

Anyways I hope you can implement these small changes, would be awesome.

Cheers,
Loggio
Question 1 can be fixed by editing a file read here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154185. I didnt like this either but at least theres a fix for it. I agree with your second issue I also notice if your in certain areas scrolling past the last item doesnt bring you back to the top. I do think the scroll bar needs to be redesigned.
Thanks for that. I saw that thread. These are all pretty simple mods, however I've given up on 'tweaking' skins to my liking... It simply becomes a never ending task when you have to update the skin then rehack it time and time again.

I bring it up with the developers, if they see the sense in adding it to the official skin, then it's a win win.... If not then so be it. If it bugs me too much, I try to find another skin that will suit my needs.

Cheers.
Loggio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XeeBo (Frodo) Discussion, Bugs, etc0