Win xbmc not finding metadata or connecting to remote server
No luck, still getting www.thetvdb.com in the logfile...

Gonna just wait and see if the site is fixed, and watch the files manually
Well it has worked for me with a entire new series. I will look for an updated episode to see if it will work for that.
Ok I found a new episode for one of my TV series and thus closed XBMC.

I added the episode and then started it up, It then scraped and found it fine.

So it seems to work fine for me now Smile
I'm having the same problems, it won't update my series when I add a episode. It does add new series but not single episodes. Seems the problem is with thetvdb.com. Thanks for the support when you know anything!
Yes so report it there!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-03-08, 22:12)Lyngtoft Wrote: No luck, still getting www.thetvdb.com in the logfile...

(2013-03-08, 22:34)chayimb Wrote: I'm having the same problems, it won't update my series when I add a episode. It does add new series but not single episodes. Seems the problem is with thetvdb.com. Thanks for the support when you know anything!

Just to note: XBMC stores an "episode guide" URL in the database for each TV series when it's scanned in. When you just add new episodes to an existing series, that stored URL is used directly, so even if you've removed the "www." from the scraper, it'll still be there in the database, unless you refresh the entire series.
so basically it's all tim berners-lee's fault with his damn www ?

someone should pay him a visit and cosh him with a chocolate bunny.
i got it working again by doing the following:

Replace every "htttp://www.thetvdb.com" with "thetvdb.com" (so remove http://www.) in the "tvdb.xml" file located in: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com"

This can be done automated by Wordpad with the Replace function.

It worked for me. Getting all tvdb info. Also for new episodes.
(2013-03-09, 03:39)chewie88 Wrote: i got it working again by doing the following:

Replace every "htttp://www.thetvdb.com" with "thetvdb.com" (so remove http://www.) in the "tvdb.xml" file located in: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com"

Thank you this worked for me
TVDB is having issues and admins say they are working on it.
(2013-03-09, 03:39)chewie88 Wrote: i got it working again by doing the following:

Big thanks, working perfectly for me again.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. Will try yhe fix, although think I tried it last night without success.
At this moment I can't even refresh a series or see any wallpaper or thumb loaded (when I press info and want to change the pic)
Very frustrating.

update : tried the fix as above ... no difference. No new eps added, and when I now click info and want to refresh a show , It just gets me the screen to change the name of the show .. cause it says it can't find it Sad
(2013-03-08, 22:53)scudlee Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 22:12)Lyngtoft Wrote: No luck, still getting www.thetvdb.com in the logfile...

(2013-03-08, 22:34)chayimb Wrote: I'm having the same problems, it won't update my series when I add a episode. It does add new series but not single episodes. Seems the problem is with thetvdb.com. Thanks for the support when you know anything!

Just to note: XBMC stores an "episode guide" URL in the database for each TV series when it's scanned in. When you just add new episodes to an existing series, that stored URL is used directly, so even if you've removed the "www." from the scraper, it'll still be there in the database, unless you refresh the entire series.

mmm you make a valid point.

I assumed that it was fixed with the file adjustments as I removed a episode from a series and then re-scanned it. It scanned fine with the episode missing. Closing down XBMC and then adding that episode it then found it ok when restarted. But it would do as the updated URL had already been added in my case.

Adding a new episode to a pre-scanned series will not, sadly, let the scraper find that episode as I assume that it is using the stored URL from the database to scrape from and not the amended one from that file.

You're a diamond !!

Working again here Smile Many thanks
(2013-03-09, 09:31)aneurysm- Wrote: I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. Will try yhe fix, although think I tried it last night without success.
At this moment I can't even refresh a series or see any wallpaper or thumb loaded (when I press info and want to change the pic)
Very frustrating.

update : tried the fix as above ... no difference. No new eps added, and when I now click info and want to refresh a show , It just gets me the screen to change the name of the show .. cause it says it can't find it Sad

I'm running an old version of XBMC Live (Camelot) and I'm having the same problems. TV shows won't refresh, new shows can't be added and it won't even recognise new episodes which I've added since the local library was last refreshed ('Scan for new content'). Haven't used my XBMC for a while so no idea when it started...my 13mth old daughter had knocked my Revo to the floor a few times since I last used it so I first thought it was some kind of crash/corruption.

It's fine for movies so I assumed it's the scraper I'm using, which is TVDB, but the same symptoms show when I change to any of the other TV scrapers (TVRage, IMDBtv, etc).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc not finding metadata or connecting to remote server2