• 45(current)
Solved 10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?
It's official: 1080p has been considered 'not adequate' and blu-ray is deemed dead, long live redray, '4k cinema 4 all'. No more bits and codecs, the mooted word is streamed 12 bit hevc in real 3D. JVC has launched their 120Hz 8k projector, nothing else matters now...

http://www.red.com/products/redray
Did the MT commit make it into 12.1?
I see it was pulled into master 21 days ago so I assume it did?

Does this mean that by default, the MT suport for software decoded for Hi10P is enabled, or , do we need to do this manually via the advancedsettings.xml?
(2013-03-22, 13:03)PatrickBateman Wrote: Did the MT commit make it into 12.1?
I see it was pulled into master 21 days ago so I assume it did?

Does this mean that by default, the MT suport for software decoded for Hi10P is enabled, or , do we need to do this manually via the advancedsettings.xml?

No,

I download yesterday Frodo 2.1 and I had to apply the patch.
Dam,
So I'll need a nightly instead...

What do you recommend, a nightly (if so which one) or a DIY into 12.1?

Thanks for the info,
Pat

Edit:
Did you notice a difference in hi10p content? Did the Multi threading make a huge or small difference?
The main advantage of the nightly is not having to switch between dxva on and off.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2013-03-22, 14:07)Raytestrak Wrote: The main advantage of the nightly is not having to switch between dxva on and off.

Nightly it is,
Any particular nightly (for stability etc). Did you notice a difference with MT enabled, I was suffering previously with slowdown but hoping this patch will resolve it.
Tested out a nightly, not only can it now play High 10 stuff, even the ones that played fine except for rare occasions where the video was SUPER noisy as part of an effect, h.264 Lossless plays without dropping frames as well.

...Now how do I encourage the anime fandom to switch to h.264 lossless? Big Grin

Interesting, I also have a 4K h.264 file that I was using to benchmark DXVA in the past, XBMC recognizes it as something DXVA can't playback and uses the software decoder, but only a single thread from the software decoder is used and it thusly drops frames once the core the single thread is on maxes out.
(2013-03-22, 19:18)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Tested out a nightly, not only can it now play High 10 stuff, even the ones that played fine except for rare occasions where the video was SUPER noisy as part of an effect, h.264 Lossless plays without dropping frames as well.

...Now how do I encourage the anime fandom to switch to h.264 lossless? Big Grin

Interesting, I also have a 4K h.264 file that I was using to benchmark DXVA in the past, XBMC recognizes it as something DXVA can't playback and uses the software decoder, but only a single thread from the software decoder is used and it thusly drops frames once the core the single thread is on maxes out.

Having just updated to 12.1 on Tuesday, this feature is something I'm very much interested in. Which nightly should I install for Windows to get this?

I'm asking because I'd like to get whichever version that added this, but not much more.
(2013-03-22, 20:09)rd1979 Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 19:18)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Tested out a nightly, not only can it now play High 10 stuff, even the ones that played fine except for rare occasions where the video was SUPER noisy as part of an effect, h.264 Lossless plays without dropping frames as well.

Having just updated to 12.1 on Tuesday, this feature is something I'm very much interested in. Which nightly should I install for Windows to get this?

I'm asking because I'd like to get whichever version that added this, but not much more.

I just used the latest nightly but then abandoned it after seeing that it basically worked. I'll wait till 13 Alpha 2 or maybe 12.2 (If such a thing happens) before committing to it, a nightly isn't something I really want as my mainline XBMC version.
(2013-03-22, 20:40)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I just used the latest nightly but then abandoned it after seeing that it basically worked. I'll wait till 13 Alpha 2 or maybe 12.2 (If such a thing happens) before committing to it, a nightly isn't something I really want as my mainline XBMC version.

Which and when? I doubt much was changed from 12.1 to affect , since it came out Monday.
(2013-03-22, 20:53)rd1979 Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 20:40)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I just used the latest nightly but then abandoned it after seeing that it basically worked. I'll wait till 13 Alpha 2 or maybe 12.2 (If such a thing happens) before committing to it, a nightly isn't something I really want as my mainline XBMC version.

Which and when? I doubt much was changed from 12.1 to affect , since it came out Monday.

The latest one, like today, so last nights nightly?
I just tried the one from the 20th, 7f0b5c6.

Seems rock-solid on my E6850 for the 10bit content I have to test with.

Thanks for the help.

Now we just have to wait for them to screw things up again by going to HEVC early.
(2013-03-22, 22:54)rd1979 Wrote: I just tried the one from the 20th, 7f0b5c6.

Seems rock-solid on my E6850 for the 10bit content I have to test with.

Thanks for the help.

Now we just have to wait for them to screw things up again by going to HEVC early.

They won'to HEVC until FFmpeg has some kind of implementation, so it'll be a matter of how fast FFMpeg's updates are pushed into XBMC.

That said, HEVC is looking to be a lot more quickly adapted than h.264 was so I think well have an 'OMG Make HEVC work!' thread within 6-9 months. Tongue
(2013-03-20, 03:42)Dougie Fresh Wrote: How would an i3-3225 do with Hi10p? Or, would you need an i5?
from my experience, it will play it fine, i have Laptop Asus X201E with Celeron 847 (@1,1Ghz) it can play Hi10p just fine.
i have try UTW Fate Prototype BD 1080p, it can play without problem at all.
but, if the subtitle have heavy script, it could lag on my laptop. example [Sage] Bakuman.3 ep 22 when miho read sms, it could lag/not sync.

i have a friend, he have Laptop Asus A43E with Celeron B950 (@2,1Ghz) , it can play [sage] Bakuman. 3 ep 22 just fine, i watch cpu resource in task manager, only hit maks at 1,6Ghz when miho read sms.

CMIIW.
(2013-03-23, 03:02)DJ_Izumi Wrote: They won'to HEVC until FFmpeg has some kind of implementation, so it'll be a matter of how fast FFMpeg's updates are pushed into XBMC.

That said, HEVC is looking to be a lot more quickly adapted than h.264 was so I think well have an 'OMG Make HEVC work!' thread within 6-9 months. Tongue

Yeah, having gone through H.264, I think the pattern is well-known and expected at this point. The Samsung Galaxy SIV already has mention of HEVC support.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10-bit h264 (Hi10) Support?7