• 281(current)
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script
(2013-05-23, 08:13)EZ1976 Wrote: how can i create a playlist that filters trailers when they are mixed with my movie folder? they are not scraped into the database?

Is the structure like
Movies Folder/
... movie1
... trailer1
... movie2
... trailer2
... movie3
... trailer3

Or are trailers in their own folder?
If they are in their own folder you can make a tvshow.nfo file for them and create a tv show called trailers, then modify each of the trailer nfos to have episode numbers for that trailer tv show and scan that folder.
If they are not in their own folder i think you still have to make a tvshow.nfo and modify their nfos but then manually access the directory in xbmc and hit "i" on each trailer and tell xbmc what "show" it should belong to. i dont think they could be scanned in automatically if they are in a movie folder.

I dont believe you have any way to filter out just trailers from your movie folder if everything is just dumped in without the trailers being in the library somehow. There is a tool called MyLibrary, its not an addon, that can scan in anything to your library. It has a "generic" content option that might work for your situation, i know someone uses it for TED Talks and i think it works by creating a tv show to assign all your generic items to. Essentially it would accomplish what i said before but more automated. It will probably take you a while to set it up so if you only have a few trailers you would be better off manually adding them in.
(2013-05-23, 10:14)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 08:13)EZ1976 Wrote: how can i create a playlist that filters trailers when they are mixed with my movie folder? they are not scraped into the database?

Is the structure like
Movies Folder/
... movie1
... trailer1
... movie2
... trailer2
... movie3
... trailer3

If they are in their own folder you can make a tvshow.nfo file for them and create a tv show called trailers, then modify each of the trailer nfos to have episode numbers for that trailer tv show and scan that folder.
If they are not in their own folder i think you still have to make a tvshow.nfo and modify their nfos but then manually access the directory in xbmc and hit "i" on each trailer and tell xbmc what "show" it should belong to. i dont think they could be scanned in automatically if they are in a movie folder.

I dont believe you have any way to filter out just trailers from your movie folder if everything is just dumped in without the trailers being in the library somehow. There is a tool called MyLibrary, its not an addon, that can scan in anything to your library. It has a "generic" content option that might work for your situation, i know someone uses it for TED Talks and i think it works by creating a tv show to assign all your generic items to. Essentially it would accomplish what i said before but more automated. It will probably take you a while to set it up so if you only have a few trailers you would be better off manually adding them in.

mine is located in each movie directory

movie directory
--- trailer directory
----------- Trailer 1
---------------- Trailer 1.mp4
---------------- Trailer 1.nfo

----------- Trailer 2
---------------- Trailer 2.mp4
---------------- Trailer 2.nfo

now i created a directory channel for the mail trailer dir and ptv shows them ok
but doesnt have any info from the nfo

here is the trailer channel file for example:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:125,Rushlights (Trailer)////
F:\11\Trailers\Rushlights (Trailer)\Rushlights (Trailer).mov
#EXTINF:113,VHS2 (Trailer Mirror)////
F:\11\Trailers\VHS2 (Trailer Mirror)\VHS2 (Trailer Mirror).mov
#EXTINF:101,The Lone Ranger (Trailer 4 Mirror)////
F:\11\Trailers\The Lone Ranger (Trailer 4 Mirror)\The Lone Ranger (Trailer 4 Mirror).mov
#EXTINF:149,About Time (Trailer)////
F:\11\Trailers\About Time (Trailer)\About Time (Trailer).mov
#EXTINF:125,Rushlights (Trailer Mirror)////
F:\11\Trailers\Rushlights (Trailer Mirror)\Rushlights (Trailer Mirror).mov

sample of the trailer nfo file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie>
<title>About Time</title>
<rating />
<year>2013</year>
<releasedate>6 September 2013</releasedate>
<top250 />
<votes />
<outline />
<plot>At the age of 21, Tim discovers he can travel in time and change what happens and has happened in his own life. His decision to make his world a better place by getting a girlfriend turns out not to be as easy as you might think.</plot>
<tagline />
<runtime />
<thumb />
<mpaa>PG_13</mpaa>
<playcount />
<id>tt2194499</id>
<credits />
<director />
<premiered />
<studio />
<quality>720p</quality>
<trailer />
<genre>Comedy / Drama / Sci-Fi</genre>
</movie>
(2013-05-23, 10:27)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 10:14)spanktastic2120 Wrote:

Is the structure like
Movies Folder/
... movie1
... trailer1
... movie2
... trailer2
... movie3
... trailer3

mine is located in each movie directory

movie directory
--- trailer directory
----------- Trailer 1
---------------- Trailer 1.mp4
---------------- Trailer 1.nfo

----------- Trailer 2
---------------- Trailer 2.mp4
---------------- Trailer 2.nfo

now i created a directory channel for the mail trailer dir and ptv shows them ok
but doesnt have any info from the nfo

here is the trailer channel file for example:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:125,Rushlights (Trailer)////
F:\11\Trailers\Rushlights (Trailer)\Rushlights (Trailer).mov
#EXTINF:113,VHS2 (Trailer Mirror)////
F:\11\Trailers\VHS2 (Trailer Mirror)\VHS2 (Trailer Mirror).mov
#EXTINF:101,The Lone Ranger (Trailer 4 Mirror)////
F:\11\Trailers\The Lone Ranger (Trailer 4 Mirror)\The Lone Ranger (Trailer 4 Mirror).mov
#EXTINF:149,About Time (Trailer)////
F:\11\Trailers\About Time (Trailer)\About Time (Trailer).mov
#EXTINF:125,Rushlights (Trailer Mirror)////
F:\11\Trailers\Rushlights (Trailer Mirror)\Rushlights (Trailer Mirror).mov

sample of the trailer nfo file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie>
<title>About Time</title>
<rating />
<year>2013</year>
<releasedate>6 September 2013</releasedate>
<top250 />
<votes />
<outline />
<plot>At the age of 21, Tim discovers he can travel in time and change what happens and has happened in his own life. His decision to make his world a better place by getting a girlfriend turns out not to be as easy as you might think.</plot>
<tagline />
<runtime />
<thumb />
<mpaa>PG_13</mpaa>
<playcount />
<id>tt2194499</id>
<credits />
<director />
<premiered />
<studio />
<quality>720p</quality>
<trailer />
<genre>Comedy / Drama / Sci-Fi</genre>
</movie>

Ok i see, since the nfo files for them have them all listed as movies you can scan them into xbmc, (it should pick them up on its own really) and then make a movie smart playlist for them with one field being "path contains 'trailers' " or something, and the other fields can be whatever you want like "genre is action" or something. Then setup PTV to use those smart playlists for its channels.

The only issue you would encounter with this is when browsing your library youll appear to have duplicates of every movie but some of them will be your trailers. I believe however that you can modify your xbmc skin so that selecting the "movies" option from the main menu actually shows a listing from a smart playlist, which could just be "path does not contain 'trailers' " and you would be all set.
Ok i see, since the nfo files for them have them all listed as movies you can scan them into xbmc, (it should pick them up on its own really) and then make a movie smart playlist for them with one field being "path contains 'trailers' " or something, and the other fields can be whatever you want like "genre is action" or something. Then setup PTV to use those smart playlists for its channels.

The only issue you would encounter with this is when browsing your library youll appear to have duplicates of every movie but some of them will be your trailers. I believe however that you can modify your xbmc skin so that selecting the "movies" option from the main menu actually shows a listing from a smart playlist, which could just be "path does not contain 'trailers' " and you would be all set.
[/quote]

ok
can i change someing in the NFO files so it will show only in PTV under directory channel?
or must i scrape them into xbmc's database?

why doesnt PTV display the NFO if that file exist?
(2013-05-23, 12:43)EZ1976 Wrote: can i change someing in the NFO files so it will show only in PTV under directory channel?

PTV doesnt look for nfo files, those exist solely for xbmc when adding content to your library.
When using a directory channel PTV doesnt get any metadata, it just plays what you have in the directory and does not communicate with xbmc's database at all, which is why you just get file names.
If you scrape them into the database and make it a playlist channel or something, PTV will get the metadata from xbmc and display it as whatever xbmc displays it as.
(2013-05-23, 14:26)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 12:43)EZ1976 Wrote: can i change someing in the NFO files so it will show only in PTV under directory channel?

PTV doesnt look for nfo files, those exist solely for xbmc when adding content to your library.
When using a directory channel PTV doesnt get any metadata, it just plays what you have in the directory and does not communicate with xbmc's database at all, which is why you just get file names.
If you scrape them into the database and make it a playlist channel or something, PTV will get the metadata from xbmc and display it as whatever xbmc displays it as.

thanks
that is a lot more logical.
but i really dont want 300 trailers in the xbmc database that will appear as a normal movie.
too bad i cant make a playlist that can access a directory rather than the database
(2013-05-23, 15:13)EZ1976 Wrote: but i really dont want 300 trailers in the xbmc database that will appear as a normal movie.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes
with a little work you dont have to see them. just make one that excludes items whose path contains "trailer" like i said before.
@EZ1976 unfortunately you have to scrape the media in order to use PTV... otherwise you can just setup a channel in PTV to play a directory, but it will not display movie info....

If you follow my directions posted earlier you would end up with a folder (movie set) in your movie collection labeled trailers... with fanart it wouldn't be noticeable, but it would contain all your trailers which you can use in PTV...

as Spanktastic2120 stated... nfo's are for xbmc to scrape the media into the library from there ptv can use that data...

as for playlists... once you decided how you want to approach trailers in your setup... I'll help you set one up...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-05-23, 03:50)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-05-17, 22:54)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 23:24)RockDawg Wrote: I'll defer posting my build as the file in Steveb's post should fix your problem. If you or anybody would still like it I'll happily post it however.

xkudeki - You might try the file Steveb posted a little ways back. You never know, it just may work.

My problem with the long episodes is always on. Steveb´s cannellist.py not really works. I also installed his complete pseudoTV from his git. Nothing really works. Would be nice if i can try your way.Big Grin

Sorry. I completely forgot about this post. Here is the link to a slightly older version of PTV before Jason changed the priority for duration calculation:

https://www.box.com/s/wxda9f734hdmj18gsqi2

I think there is something wrong with the link or the zip. 170 Bytes Huh
Smile 
Hey there everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with PseudoTV not updating channels. I will get some channels that show one show playing 24/7. The moment I click on the show the channel updates and it shows more than just the one in the guide. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is quite frustrating as I will navigate to a channel, click on a show, and it will load an entirely different show.

Any help is appreciated. I am on Frodo 12.1 using Pseudo-TV-Stable-Pre and I have over 8tbs on media if that affects anything.

Cheers,
Adam
(2013-05-24, 17:44)EmRav Wrote: Hey there everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with PseudoTV not updating channels. I will get some channels that show one show playing 24/7. The moment I click on the show the channel updates and it shows more than just the one in the guide. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is quite frustrating as I will navigate to a channel, click on a show, and it will load an entirely different show.

Any help is appreciated. I am on Frodo 12.1 using Pseudo-TV-Stable-Pre and I have over 8tbs on media if that affects anything.

Cheers,
Adam

Do you have it set to pause when not watching?
(2013-05-24, 17:56)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 17:44)EmRav Wrote: Hey there everyone,

Cheers,
Adam

Do you have it set to pause when not watching?

Thanks for the response. I do not set it to paused when I am not watching but I tried doing so and it made no difference. Another example just now, I went to my channel 18, went to launch an anime show that was on (Eureka Seven) but instead it loaded up a different movie. When I reloaded the guide suddenly the movie had taken its place.
im having issues to start pseudo tv. i installed latest version from git

here is my log:
Code:
21:25:12 T:5088   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
21:25:12 T:5088   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-master\default.py", line 37, in <module>
                                                if xbmc.executehttpapi("GetGuiSetting(1, services.webserver)")[4:] == "False":
                                            RuntimeError: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:25:12 T:1944  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:25:12 T:1944  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:25:12 T:1944   ERROR: script.PseudoTV - Already running, exiting
21:25:16 T:836  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:25:16 T:836  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.

any ideas anyone?
The cake is a lie!
(2013-05-24, 21:28)blubberx Wrote: im having issues to start pseudo tv. i installed latest version from git

here is my log:
Code:
21:25:12 T:5088   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
21:25:12 T:5088   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-master\default.py", line 37, in <module>
                                                if xbmc.executehttpapi("GetGuiSetting(1, services.webserver)")[4:] == "False":
                                            RuntimeError: Unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:25:12 T:1944  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:25:12 T:1944  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:25:12 T:1944   ERROR: script.PseudoTV - Already running, exiting
21:25:16 T:836  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
21:25:16 T:836  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.

any ideas anyone?

Are you running frodo or eden? is this the "stable-pre" or the "master" from git?
Frodo latest and it is the master
The cake is a lie!
  • 281(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script25