• 1(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
THIS MOD IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED.
Edit request by im85288.

Quote: Xperience1080++ is a personal mod based on Xperience1080 - now updated for Gotham

Version 3.0.0 marks the first release in preparation for the Gotham release of Xbmc. The older Frodo version remains but will not receive further updates.

- gotham additions include
-- MediaBrowser 3 full integration when combined with the xbmb3c addon
-- Alternate Metro Homescreen Option
-- Custom Colour Focus throughout
-- All Home tiles now editable
-- Fanart backgrounds in Home section - requires Fanart Grabber script: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166572
-- supports Updating of Tv/Movie ratings - requires Rating Update script: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107331
-- allow going into XBMB3C or PleXBMC mode - switches from using local xbmc library to the add-on version
-- Show Logos/Banners on larger Home Spotlight
-- Show partially watched indicator on Home Ongoing Tv Shows
-- EPG Progress indicator on epg timeline view (setting in options)
-- Option to show larger Movie widget on Home
-- Option to show larger Music widget on Home
-- TV guide uses colour of TV tiles and focus colour
-- Landscape Info view uses focus colour
-- Weather on Home displays weather add-on logo
-- Weather section uses focus colour and weather add-on logo
-- tweak to clocks in OSD display
-- updated smart list editor to gotham changes
-- settings dialog changed to support basic/advanced/expert views
-- Option to show extra fanart in Movie/TV views
-- new views for Movies/TV/Music
-- redesigned navigation through view types
-- redesigned Information dialog for Movies/TV/Music
-- nearby concerts added to Music Home screen
-- artist information dialog shows upcoming concerts
-- alternate OSD selectable - options are original Xperience1080 or Alaska or Arctic
-- other bug fixes

Alternate Metro Home Screen
watch gallery

Other Gotham additions
watch gallery

- additions include
-- Plexbmc Integration, use your plex media server instead of the xbmc library
-- supports TvTunes add-on for Movies : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes
-- support of Video Extras add-on : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras
-- Includes Channels support
-- Views from the amazing Arctic version by jurialmonkey
-- Pictures
-- Larger Spotlight view on Home
-- Rearranged Home menu with Live TV positioned next to TV Shows
-- Music Videos support
-- Show darker background
-- Show whiter background
-- Uses phil65 extended info script for additional movie sets information
-- view fanart in movie information view
-- new OSD and PVR views
-- Alternate Applications screen
-- Set coloured tiles on any section in the homescreen
-- Set coloured border on any section in the homescreen
-- Alternate Views available - Horizontal and Classic
-- Displays upcoming concert information on OSD for music artists
-- Alternate navigation of home screen using rounded tiles with no border

watch gallery

For Plexbmc Integration install my custom version of plexbmc found in my repo and make sure to change the Shelf items option in the settings to "Both" as in this sceenshot: Image

------------------ Easy Install - use my repository (XBMC Gotham only) -------------------------------------------------

Available at Im85288's Gotham Repository

------------------ Easy Install - use my repository (XBMC Frodo only) -------------------------------------------------

Available at Im85288's Repository

If you appreciate my efforts and would like to buy me a beer donate below (much appreciated!)

Special Thanks To:

- Black (For creating this great skin - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146690)
- Crni (For adding so many features in his great mod - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150116)
- jurialmunkey (For providing such great views - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166475)
Great work :-)
Added Concerts view for display of Nearby Concerts

Select an item in the list to search the artist in youtube

Available on Github
Good work! I like this skin because it's not as dark as others Smile

A litte bug: progress bar and description in view for epg-timeline are overlapping if text of description is longer.

_BJ1
Thanks for the compliments guys.

@_BJ1 - thanks for the bug report, I have attempted to fix this...but never have any descriptions long enough to test it!

Update on Github
Same thing happened on info-view if live tv is in fullscreen and the view with current/next is selected. Also the background (colors) doesn't match the theme (summer breeze in this case). But as I say it's a good work.

@_BJ1 - a fix for the overlap is now on Github, with regards the background colour not matching the theme I must admit this is not a strong area of mine yet as I am still learning how to skin, however try as I might I cannot see what is missing or wrong..can you explain again please so I can what should be adapted?

A few more changes on Github

- Better control of extra fanart for homescreen and views:

- Always use overlay on video and music information screens (regardless of the show extra fanart settings):

(2013-05-25, 13:13)im85288 Wrote: ...however try as I might I cannot see what is missing or wrong..can you explain again please so I can what should be adapted?
I'll try to explain. I've choosen the "summerbreeze" theme which has lighten background colors (light grey/white) instead of dark grey colors. I've modified my screenshot (playing with contrast/luma) to see what I mean. It should be like the modified shot.

(2013-05-25, 16:29)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2013-05-25, 13:13)im85288 Wrote: ...however try as I might I cannot see what is missing or wrong..can you explain again please so I can what should be adapted?
I'll try to explain. I've choosen the "summerbreeze" theme which has lighten background colors (light grey/white) instead of dark grey colors. I've modified my screenshot (playing with contrast/luma) to see what I mean. It should be like the modified shot.

Oh I see what you mean now, I also use the summerbreeze theme but never noticed it before. I will have a look after I finish my next addition which is to be able to view the concerts of a given artist in your music library.
Added Show upcoming concerts for a given Artist (only shown if the concerts are found) on Github

@_BJ1 - the change you mentioned is to add the correct icon to the summerbreeze theme, I do not have the theme icons though so please ask for this in Saste's thread as he can add this and I will pull in his changes once made.
Added option to restrict showing of even more fanart to video and music views only - on Github

Added option to show lighter overlay on osd

watch gallery
Hi im85288,

I very much like your skin. I started with Black's original "xperience1080"-skin, moved to crni's mod "xperience1080+", then to Saste's mod "xperience1080+ Rainbow (CYMK)" and now to your version. Every step an improvent to the previous. Are you planning to implement all further changes of the other ones into your mod?

Now what I am missing in all of the mentioned versions is support for music videos. XBMC itself offers the ability to have them organized and scraped separately and most of the other skins do offer a separte view modes. Do you intend to implement such feature as well?

Brgds,

FantasticN
Added Alternate OSD - on Github

watch gallery

@fantasticn - thanks for the good words, I must admit to not having any music videos, but I am sure it will not be too difficult to include a view for them. After a break for a bit I will take a look into it and post back.

Update - added alternate OSD to RightList View - on Github
Nice Job! Been running your mod since you released it and downloading it now for these alternate OSDs Wink
(2013-06-01, 20:18)im85288 Wrote: @fantasticn - thanks for the good words, I must admit to not having any music videos, but I am sure it will not be too difficult to include a view for them. After a break for a bit I will take a look into it and post back.

No prob. Good work must be acknowledged (which of course applies to Black, crni and Saste as well). As to the music videos: It is mostely concert movies. I actually did not have them seperate from my other movies either until I realized that XBMC was offering a separate library/scraper for them. That was the reason I now put all music videos und concert videos in a separate folder, as XBMC demands, and had them scraped separately. However, afterwards I realized that unfortunately the xperience skin is not offering a menu item to show them (whereas other skins like the standard "confluence" do have it integrated in the main menu). This means xperience actually does not support all native XMBC-options yet. So appart from visual enhancements it would maybe be a good idea to add the missing features.

Brgds,

FantasticN
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9