• 9(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
(2013-07-04, 15:01)im85288 Wrote: Background changes - available on Github

-- changes have been made to the overlays
-- option to use black or white text on any background
-- option to tint the default and show less backgrounds with a colour
-- slight change to osd to use solid black background in place of the older dark greyish colour
-- added option to hide weather from home screen

@fantasticn - Hopefully these changes are getting closer to providing the correct transition levels, as suggested these are the ones used in the rainbow mod (with the exception of the show more...which is my favourite as I like a dark setting for night time viewing!). I have your bug reports from your previous post on my todo list.

@All - I will look to add the views that have been requested and come back to the suggestions for fancier views in a future update.

Hi im85288,

I am just comming home from an extended weekend trip and barely got the chance to have a closer look at your update. But at first sight it seems absolutely amazing. Instead of having different shades of brightness you decided to implement different color overlays. This goes quiet well with the fact that your mod already allows to adjust the tile colors and the menu colors. So this skin definitly offers the most customizable optic of all Xperienc1080 mod. For my part I am very satisfied with the new look. As to future work I would suggest having a look at the still pending bugs and maybe adapting some of the views.

Really good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2013-07-04, 07:45)fantasticn Wrote: As to the "bug-report": Up to now I just came acroos three minor issues:

1. Some Windows (like "Systeminformation" and "Configuration" of Apps) do still have the arctic-look (bright white background) and do not adjust to the color settings of the skin.
2. With "File-Manager" it is the other way round: It only shows a black-background regardless of the color selection.
3. Some form-fields (like in "OpenElec-Settings" - Device-Name and manual IP4-Adress) do have dark background and dark fonts, so the text in the field is almost unreadable.

Above bugs now corrected - available on Github

Hi Fantasticn, I had forgotten about that bug report, they are fixed now along with a couple more like the shutdown menu and the addons configuration menu. I'll aim to take a look at some view tweaks/additions for the next update if there are no further bugs reported.
Thanks for the quick response. The only minor issue remaining (at least as far as I could see) is the "Settings / Profile"-section still showing white background, which is no problem for me since I am not using profiles and therefore I am not entering this section. But I think you should adjust it (and maybe have another doublecheck on all sub-menus of the whole skin - just to make sure) so that the color system of the skin is completely in line and could be called "finished" then.

I did not follow the threads regarding other Xperience1080 mods so I am not aware of any good ideas or features that have been invented and could be implemented in this mod as well. But apart from some enhancements to the views it might also be a good idea to keep the speed in mind. I sometimes get the feeling that scrolling through the main menu has become slightly slower and a little bit stuttering. Maybe this is the price to pay for so many options, or maby there is a way to "trim" and optimize it. There might be users with raspberry pi or atom-cpus that would be very thankful if they could make use of this skin as well (thouigh I doubt it). As to me I am using regular quad- and dual-core amd-cpus on all my media-pc, so I am still satisfied with the speed. However, quick response of the menu and a smooth scrolling of the screen are always appreciated since they very much enhance the user experience. And since XBMC is now targeting Android-Devices and SmartTVs as well, it would be good to have the skin using as little resources as possible to also make it available to those devices in the future.

Brgds,

FantasticN
Change to use textures.xbt in place of media - available on Github

-- Gives a needed performance boost as the images are pre loaded for a better all round response.
How do u Change the color of the icons? I have them all switched on but can't figure out how to change the color nice mod btw
(2013-07-26, 23:12)pluckyhd Wrote: How do u Change the color of the icons? I have them all switched on but can't figure out how to change the color nice mod btw

Thanks, I am not sure what you mean by changing the colour of the icons? You cannot change the icon colour, but you can change the tile background colour and border colour in the options, you can also switch from using colour flags (ie the ones used on the OSD display) from colour to black and white. Personally I use transparent icons so that they look good when the tile colours are changed. If you look at this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148135 there are some great transparent icons available which look great with the xperience skins.
(2013-07-27, 16:26)im85288 Wrote:
(2013-07-26, 23:12)pluckyhd Wrote: How do u Change the color of the icons? I have them all switched on but can't figure out how to change the color nice mod btw

Thanks, I am not sure what you mean by changing the colour of the icons? You cannot change the icon colour, but you can change the tile background colour and border colour in the options, you can also switch from using colour flags (ie the ones used on the OSD display) from colour to black and white. Personally I use transparent icons so that they look good when the tile colours are changed. If you look at this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148135 there are some great transparent icons available which look great with the xperience skins.

Thanks Ya I missed spoke you are correct in what I was looking for. I stil can't see where to change the colors. I see a switch to turn grey on/of is that it?

Also is this skin still supported? I love it but it doesn't support the lastest of changed the default icons (ie guide) and such to something else like current version of xperience.

Last question Wink The trailers widget and others on the home page don't work they just say loading forever is there a plugin I amissing for these?

thanks so much for your help and quick respsonses. I am new to xbmc used sagetv and developed over there for years.
(2013-07-27, 23:40)pluckyhd Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 16:26)im85288 Wrote:

Thanks Ya I missed spoke you are correct in what I was looking for. I stil can't see where to change the colors. I see a switch to turn grey on/of is that it?

Also is this skin still supported? I love it but it doesn't support the lastest of changed the default icons (ie guide) and such to something else like current version of xperience.

Last question Wink The trailers widget and others on the home page don't work they just say loading forever is there a plugin I amissing for these?

thanks so much for your help and quick respsonses. I am new to xbmc used sagetv and developed over there for years.

I hope I understood you properly, to change the tile colours there is an option in the skin settings titles "Tile Colors" which allows you to change the colours for different sections like for example the movies, tv, pictures sections etc.

The skin is still supported, however for a while I have not synchronised it with the changes made in the current version of xperience as I have been quite happy with how it is now and have not been keeping up with the forum to see what has changed. The last changes I incorporated were for the TV guide layout. If there is anything in particular from that version that you would like added then if you post it here I will take a look and if possible incorporate it.

I think you mean the area where it shows ongoing tv shows and the spotlight area..for these to work correctly you need to have xbmc in library mode, with some videos and tv shows added and to have started watching at least one tv show.

xbmc takes a little getting used to at first, but once you get into it it becomes a lot easier. I noticed you were into editing xml files from the original xperience 1080 thread, that's exactly how I started and it soon becomes second nature tweaking things here and there Big Grin
(2013-07-28, 14:28)im85288 Wrote: The skin is still supported, however for a while I have not synchronised it with the changes made in the current version of xperience as I have been quite happy with how it is now and have not been keeping up with the forum to see what has changed. The last changes I incorporated were for the TV guide layout. If there is anything in particular from that version that you would like added then if you post it here I will take a look and if possible incorporate it.

Basically he allows editing the default (tv guide, shows, videos,videos add ons) home buttons in the latest version. U have to go into edit custom home items to do it but if u swtich them on you can change what they are.

(2013-07-28, 14:28)im85288 Wrote: I think you mean the area where it shows ongoing tv shows and the spotlight area..for these to work correctly you need to have xbmc in library mode, with some videos and tv shows added and to have started watching at least one tv show
Ya the spotlight area none of them work for me except new the first big tile on home. I have changed the second tile to several from now play in theaters to top rated it always just shows loading.

(2013-07-28, 14:28)im85288 Wrote: xbmc takes a little getting used to at first, but once you get into it it becomes a lot easier. I noticed you were into editing xml files from the original xperience 1080 thread, that's exactly how I started and it soon becomes second nature tweaking things here and there Big Grin
Ya I was a heavy sage developer for years. This isn't far off from it just likes the nice interface to develop in. I am guessing basically in xbmc you edit the xml and have to reload the skin in xbmc to see the changes not to bad. I will definately be contributing if I can get everything flowing like I want.
(2013-07-28, 17:38)pluckyhd Wrote: Basically he allows editing the default (tv guide, shows, videos,videos add ons) home buttons in the latest version. U have to go into edit custom home items to do it but if u swtich them on you can change what they are.

I had a play with the latest version from Black and I think I know what you mean, it is not something I plan to add at the moment..but maybe one day!

(2013-07-28, 17:38)pluckyhd Wrote: Ya the spotlight area none of them work for me except new the first big tile on home. I have changed the second tile to several from now play in theaters to top rated it always just shows loading.

Very strange, is this also happening for you in the original skin? If so, please report it to Black...if not it must be my skin so please report back..but I presume it comes down to how you have set things up.

(2013-07-28, 17:38)pluckyhd Wrote: Ya I was a heavy sage developer for years. This isn't far off from it just likes the nice interface to develop in. I am guessing basically in xbmc you edit the xml and have to reload the skin in xbmc to see the changes not to bad. I will definately be contributing if I can get everything flowing like I want.

Yes basically that is all there is to it, the very annoying aspect ( I am a Java software developer ) is how limited the API is..even basic things like comparing two dates is almost impossible to do..but once you start looking at the wiki there is a lot of information out there to help you.
(2013-07-28, 17:38)pluckyhd Wrote: Yes basically that is all there is to it, the very annoying aspect ( I am a Java software developer ) is how limited the API is..even basic things like comparing two dates is almost impossible to do..but once you start looking at the wiki there is a lot of information out there to help you.

Doesn't sound all that great being a java man myself Wink
(2013-07-29, 15:29)pluckyhd Wrote: Doesn't sound all that great being a java man myself Wink

Yes no where near Java but can be done with some persistence! A good place to start is here if you have not seen it already: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=12 and of course I can try and answer any queries you have...and if you want to contribute to this skin your more than welcome Big Grin
(2013-07-29, 15:17)im85288 Wrote: ... even basic things like comparing two dates is almost impossible to do ...
Can't you use either StringCompare(info,string) or SubString(info,string) Huh

But I agree, there are some annoying limitations. Most annoying is the lack of classes -- makes implementing and modifying certain things really tedious.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2013-07-30, 03:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can't you use either StringCompare(info,string) or SubString(info,string) Huh

But I agree, there are some annoying limitations. Most annoying is the lack of classes -- makes implementing and modifying certain things really tedious.

Yes that would work for simple string comparisons, one of the problems I encountered was how to compare the start time of a program in the epg with the current system time..I wanted to use that to be able to highlight the live tv programs that are currently on. In the end I could not find a way to do that so had to use a workaround that is not very reliable. Classes would be great and a larger set of utility functions would also enhance the API greatly. I have not kept up with the Gotham roadmap for xbmc but hopefully there are some enhancements in this area.
Great mod, only thing is. Dont know if its skin related. But is it possible to put the "Opening stream" dialog to the background? (Where the loading data is on the top right corner).
For example, when i enable it to load the trailer for in the movie information option. That dialog always is blocking my scren a few sec then. Tongue

Cheers! Would love to hear reply![/align]
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9