• 10(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
(2013-07-30, 03:43)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 15:17)im85288 Wrote: ... even basic things like comparing two dates is almost impossible to do ...
Can't you use either StringCompare(info,string) or SubString(info,string) Huh

But I agree, there are some annoying limitations. Most annoying is the lack of classes -- makes implementing and modifying certain things really tedious.

Ya the lack of classes is very annoying I am finding. But hey I always like a challenge Wink
(2013-07-31, 15:42)Jz123 Wrote: Great mod, only thing is. Dont know if its skin related. But is it possible to put the "Opening stream" dialog to the background? (Where the loading data is on the top right corner).
For example, when i enable it to load the trailer for in the movie information option. That dialog always is blocking my scren a few sec then. Tongue

Cheers! Would love to hear reply![/align]

Hi, thanks man. I did try to investigate this but have not come up with a 100% answer yet. If anyone knows if this can be done please post the code and I can include it.
(2013-08-05, 10:10)im85288 Wrote:
(2013-07-31, 15:42)Jz123 Wrote: Great mod, only thing is. Dont know if its skin related. But is it possible to put the "Opening stream" dialog to the background? (Where the loading data is on the top right corner).
For example, when i enable it to load the trailer for in the movie information option. That dialog always is blocking my scren a few sec then. Tongue

Cheers! Would love to hear reply![/align]

Hi, thanks man. I did try to investigate this but have not come up with a 100% answer yet. If anyone knows if this can be done please post the code and I can include it.
Thank you very much for taking your time though! I've been looking around abit to (although i'm not a advanced user). But couldn't find it ether. If i still find something i'll definitly will post it. But thanks again!
Hi im85288,

I just wanted to inform you that your latest changes work fine and seem to have improved the speed slightly (I have rather fast systems so I might not see a significant difference, but it seems to me there is one). In principle I am very sattisfied with your skin and have received "aaahhh"s and "oooohhhhh"s from lots of my friends when showing them my Media-PCs. However, I remember you thinking about revising some of the viewes. And I saw some improvements on other mods of the Xperience1080-skin as well which could be analyzed if worth implementing (which basicly refers to the views as well).

Another thing: Minimalistic systems like raspberry pi and android (tablet and sticks) are becoming quiet popular especially for XBMC-PCs. Maybe it would be a good idea to have something like a "minimalistic" version of your skin, which basicly gives about the same look & feel (tile optic), but offers the most speed you can get out of it? Of course it would mean deleting some of the nice features of your skin but it would be a great idea to have a special version in place which is optimized in performance. Btw: Right now there are just a view skins available which are generally recommended for those minimalistic systems (like quartz and amber). But I could not really find a skin that offers a specially created version for raspberry & co.

Brgds,

FantasticN

PS: I found this useful addon here in the forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147178
It says it can easily be supported by any skin. So can you maybe add a button or context menu for movie and music playback?
Hi im85288,

big fan of your mod.

I have one quick question for start, do you plan to have possibility to disable "home"?

Are you aware of menu overlapping when you try to change art for movies and tv shows?

Thank you.
Hello.
As many people already said, this mod is just excellent. I installed it only a couple of days ago but it's quickly becoming my favourite skin. All this work, with all the customization options and everything, is just amazing.

But there are still a couple of things annoying me.
The first two, I think, are bugs. I've tried reading through the whole thread to see if anybody already mentionned them but I didn't find anything (and if I just missed it, please excuse me).

First, I saw a few people talking about the font colour but I don't think anybody mentionned (specifically) this one:
When I select white text in the options, everything looks fine except the description/info text below the image on the left in "panel wall" view (which is still black... pretty annoying for me since I'm using pretty dark backgrounds). The other element remaining black (that I saw) is the little magnifying glass icon on top of the home screen. I know it's probably not text but I guess it should turn white as well.

The other bug I've encountered is when I'm on the tv series' episodes sceen. In that section, I can't select the "Info List" view at all. When I select it, it just switches back to the default list view. Unfortunately, even if it's probably the least stylish of all, that's the one I want to use because we enjoy having a pretty compact list while still having a small plot summary of the selected episode right next to it. (I say "we" because I personnally would go for something more stylish but that's the compromise me and my girlfriend agreed upon)

The other things I'd like to see different are more a matter of personnal taste and I'm aware not everybody might agree with me so if anybody could point me to what file/line to modify, I would really appreciate. I would try by myself but as I never did that before, I thought I might as well ask before risking breaking everything (and, let's admit it, that would probably save me some time).

So, those things are:
In "panel wall" view, I'd like to get rid of the white-ish overlay that's on the posters/box arts that are not selected.
And still in "panel wall", I'd like to have the posters scrolling vertically instead or horizontally as it currently is (and have them sorted accordingly of course, but I guess it's dependent).
(Also, if I can temporarily fix the black text in "Panel Wall" myself, I would be interested).

That's about it...
Thanks again im85288 for this amazing mod. (And thanks to anybody that could answer/help me).

EDIT: I found how to make the small changes I wanted to do (vertical scrolling and white overlay on posters) so never mind.
Hi, i noticed in the screenshots it seems like it has the tv show's background but i guess it's just randomly picked images ? i mean there's not a feature to make the background some random movie's background instead of the purple one unless you manually pick some other images correct?

Thanks
Hi All, Just a quick update to let you know I am still checking this thread. Due to many reasons (including not finding time and just enjoying using the skin) I have not made any updates for quite a while. I expect to address the most recent questions/queries in the next couple of weeks

(2013-09-07, 04:14)slashr Wrote: Hi, i noticed in the screenshots it seems like it has the tv show's background but i guess it's just randomly picked images ? i mean there's not a feature to make the background some random movie's background instead of the purple one unless you manually pick some other images correct?

Thanks

Hi, yes I just use the Artwork Organiser addon to place all the TV shows extrafanart into a single directory and then set the background in the skin settings to point at that directory. I do the same for Movies and Music.
Ah awesome, thank you very much : )
Hi there.
Maybe i am stupid / blind / something but i am completely unable to find the option to switch to the classic / horizontal start menu.
In xperience1080+ there is a simple setting in the options...

Help please! ^^

... Ok, found it. Wrong repo. Wink
(2013-09-03, 16:57)Madawg Wrote: When I select white text in the options, everything looks fine except the description/info text below the image on the left in "panel wall" view (which is still black... pretty annoying for me since I'm using pretty dark backgrounds). The other element remaining black (that I saw) is the little magnifying glass icon on top of the home screen. I know it's probably not text but I guess it should turn white as well.

Hi, thanks for your report. I must admit to never using the panel wall view or actually using the search function ( I have the global search addon disabled to get it removed from the home screen - I think I will add an option to remove this in the skin settings as it is for the other sections). The two points you mentioned above are now fixed and I will address the other issues at a later date.
Oh nice... I actually didn't know you just had to turn the addon off to hide the icon. I might do that too.
Anyway, thank you very much for the update. And don't worry, I'm sure we can all wait a bit for the rest, it's only fair you enjoy using the skin too Wink
Nice, yeah had that issue too and was comign here to report it, the text one, so thanks Madawg for reporting it and im to fix it Smile now to figure how i update the skin haha.
Wink 
(2013-09-10, 22:19)Madawg Wrote: Oh nice... I actually didn't know you just had to turn the addon off to hide the icon. I might do that too.

Yes I must admit it is not something I would have know either without looking at the code. I have now added this option to the skin settings Smile

(2013-09-11, 01:48)slashr Wrote: now to figure how i update the skin haha.

best way if your using GIT is to do a git pull as it will then only bring in the latest changes...slowest way is to keep downloading the full ZIP file..which is pretty big! If I were you I would go for the GIT method..ideally we would have a repo but I cannot see that happening for MODs :-(
Thanks Smile, yeap i think i'll just set git on my server and transfer it over when there's a new version as i'm using openelec and don't think git works there.

Cheers Smile, so so happy with this skin!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9