• 15(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
(2013-07-26, 10:32)j2048b Wrote: red,

when i download this lib, do i download the rtmpdump zip or just the standalone librtmp file?

thanks!!

and how do we know we need to update this? jujst a question as i dont know what the effects are causing us to update this file?

No, if you are only updating XBMC, you do not need rtmpdump.

RTMPDUMP is the extra packages for recording and/or playing in players like VLC.

You just put the librtmp file in the same folder the Wiki states for your OS/device and there are no known effects updating the file except more sites are supported.
ok cool thanks!!

on another note where is the libr in openelec on the original atv 1? im confused as to where it is? ive ssh'ed in but not sure where to go?

appreciate the help!

OH NO!! I INSTALLED OR OVERWROTE THE LIBRTMP, ON THE MAC OS XBMC AND NOW it wont open, xbmc opens and then closes and problem report opens up now!! what do i need todo in order for someone to look at the log?
(2013-07-26, 10:42)j2048b Wrote: ok cool thanks!!

on another note where is the libr in openelec on the original atv 1? im confused as to where it is? ive ssh'ed in but not sure where to go?

appreciate the help!

Use these instructions from the Wiki:

"Linux: Various locations, use find / | grep librtmp.so.0 to find libtrmp"

Then just use whatever directory the command finds.
i tried that but not sure where to type that in as im using cyberduck and now have an issue w xbmc as described above:

OH NO!! I INSTALLED OR OVERWROTE THE LIBRTMP, ON THE MAC OS XBMC AND NOW it wont open, xbmc opens and then closes and problem report opens up now!! what do i need todo in order for someone to look at the log?
Make sure the permssions on the file, group, user, etc are all correct on the file. I believe Cyberduck can do that. Just make sure it has all the same settings as other files in the dir.
ok will do, now what do i do because my osx version wont open after i replaced the librtmp ??
Did you put in the proper OSX version in of librtmp?
I belive so? Which is the correct one? Running osx version 10.6.8 i believe it to be 64 bit?
Dear Red,
I am using Openelec on ATV1. I have the similar problem like j2048b. I got your librtmp.so.0 file and tried to relplace the file usr/lib/librtmp so.0...I tried cyberduck as well as filezilla. Both failed to replace the file. Any suggestion for us. I checked the permission too. I deselect all the permissions but it also did not replaced by new one.

Please guide us for this issue.

MD
(2013-08-03, 07:11)meshohel Wrote: Dear Red,
I am using Openelec on ATV1. I have the similar problem like j2048b. I got your librtmp.so.0 file and tried to relplace the file usr/lib/librtmp so.0...I tried cyberduck as well as filezilla. Both failed to replace the file. Any suggestion for us. I checked the permission too. I deselect all the permissions but it also did not replaced by new one.

MD

You probably have to login as root to change /usr/lib. That's how it usually works on most Linux distros. I don't have an ATV1 or OpenELEC to test this theory but most liklely this is the case.
(2013-08-03, 08:01)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 07:11)meshohel Wrote: Dear Red,

MD

You probably have to login as root to change /usr/lib. That's how it usually works on most Linux distros. I don't have an ATV1 or OpenELEC to test this theory but most liklely this is the case.

I had to login as root on my RPi with Raspbmc to do this.
I was told by chewit over on openelec forums that openelec has to be repackaged in order to replace the librtmp on openelec... Unless there is a way to tap in as root?? Not sure how in openelec?
there is actually something else you can do to bypass the default librtmp, props to tuxen for the guide :

http://pastebin.com/q7LC6Rg0
Thank you so much privado for linking to that guide. That will help folks so much and I wish I had thought of that method because I've seen it before. Smile

Going to add it to the OP of this thread.
no problem mate, it saved me so much time unsquashing.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8