• 16(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
Hey Guys
Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.3)
I have looked through the posts and see that android will overwrite the lib even if I replace it in data/data so there is no point to do that correct? Moving forward I downloaded your latest Android apk (xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-300513-hw-RP-5-25-13-librtmp.apk) but after installation I get force closes when trying to open it. I have tried extracting the lib from your apk and putting it in the stock apk and then signing it with a test key prior to installation but I get the same result on loading the app "unfortunately, XBMC has stopped". I even tried to decompile the stock apk and your apk, swapping the libs and recompiling with no luck. Is there something I am overlooking? Thank you for your help!
i have gbox midnight OS Android can anybody guide me how can i update librtmp i will be very thankfull and also send me the librtmp
HOW TO UPDATE LIBRTMP IN ANDROID PHONE/DEVICES

http://goo.gl/FfJG1m
(2013-06-23, 03:03)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2013-06-23, 01:49)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: Can anybody help me out to update librtmp in gbox midnight v2.2 I tried to updated according to the instruction given in this forum but I couldnt find the folder in my gbox midnight OS android i will be very thankfull if anybody guide me step by sptep

Thanks in advance

What type of access do you currently have to your device?

SSH, FTP, etc?

May sound like a silly/simple question but hard to give any advice unless it's known.

If you have SSH you can try "find / -name librtmp.so"

my friend to be very frank i am totally new and i dont know what type of access in my device if u guide me how to find access in my device then i can tell u i just know i have gbox midnight v2.2 and operating system is android and i am running xbmc 12.2 frodo that all i know

(2013-08-08, 01:46)RedPenguin Wrote: Thank you so much privado for linking to that guide. That will help folks so much and I wish I had thought of that method because I've seen it before. Smile

Going to add it to the OP of this thread.

Not sure it actually works, at least I see no evidence of it working - if you look at the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in autostart.sh (which inherits the same LD_LIBRARY_PATH used by xbmc.bin) you will see it is not modified by the contents of .profile.

Instead, OpenELEC is using a path defined by /etc/profile.d/librarypath.conf (or /etc/profile.d/02-xbmc-library-path.conf in more recent builds) for xbmc.bin, and .profile has no effect except for interactive logins (ssh etc.).

Edit: I've just run a few more tests, and determined that the only way to modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH used by xbmc.bin in OpenELEC is to modify /etc/profile.d/02-xbmc-library-path.conf. The proposed solution (modifying /storage/.profile) has no effect on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH used by the process that starts xbmc.bin, and therefore does not work in terms of having XBMC load alternative libraries. Obviously to fix this, it requires a custom build (add your voice to issue #2394).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
dear RP i tried to open ur 06-17-13 folder but couldnt open every time when i click on folder it says need to upgrade my account and i dont want to buy the acoount i have already registered the media fire for free account please help me

(2013-08-09, 17:40)adbNexus Wrote: Hey Guys
Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.3)
I have looked through the posts and see that android will overwrite the lib even if I replace it in data/data so there is no point to do that correct? Moving forward I downloaded your latest Android apk (xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-300513-hw-RP-5-25-13-librtmp.apk) but after installation I get force closes when trying to open it. I have tried extracting the lib from your apk and putting it in the stock apk and then signing it with a test key prior to installation but I get the same result on loading the app "unfortunately, XBMC has stopped". I even tried to decompile the stock apk and your apk, swapping the libs and recompiling with no luck. Is there something I am overlooking? Thank you for your help!

Did you definitely remove all traces of the offical XBMC off your Android?

If so, try giving a link to your XBMC log:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

(2013-08-10, 02:26)sagheerahmed94 Wrote:
(2013-06-23, 03:03)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2013-06-23, 01:49)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: Can anybody help me out to update librtmp in gbox midnight v2.2 I tried to updated according to the instruction given in this forum but I couldnt find the folder in my gbox midnight OS android i will be very thankfull if anybody guide me step by sptep

Thanks in advance

What type of access do you currently have to your device?

SSH, FTP, etc?

May sound like a silly/simple question but hard to give any advice unless it's known.

If you have SSH you can try "find / -name librtmp.so"

my friend to be very frank i am totally new and i dont know what type of access in my device if u guide me how to find access in my device then i can tell u i just know i have gbox midnight v2.2 and operating system is android and i am running xbmc 12.2 frodo that all i know

For Android you are going to have to install one of my custom APK's because librtmp is overwritten on reboot on Android.
(2013-08-10, 04:28)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 01:46)RedPenguin Wrote: Thank you so much privado for linking to that guide. That will help folks so much and I wish I had thought of that method because I've seen it before. Smile

Going to add it to the OP of this thread.

Not sure it actually works, at least I see no evidence of it working - if you look at the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in autostart.sh (which inherits the same LD_LIBRARY_PATH used by xbmc.bin) you will see it is not modified by the contents of .profile.

Instead, OpenELEC is using a path defined by /etc/profile.d/librarypath.conf (or /etc/profile.d/02-xbmc-library-path.conf in more recent builds) for xbmc.bin, and .profile has no effect except for interactive logins (ssh etc.).

Edit: I've just run a few more tests, and determined that the only way to modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH used by xbmc.bin in OpenELEC is to modify /etc/profile.d/02-xbmc-library-path.conf. The proposed solution (modifying /storage/.profile) has no effect on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH used by the process that starts xbmc.bin, and therefore does not work in terms of having XBMC load alternative libraries. Obviously to fix this, it requires a custom build (add your voice to issue #2394).

Oh well. Thanks for the info. Was wishing this worked cause it's difficult to explain this stuff to OpenELEC users, but guess nothing can be done.

(2013-08-10, 08:20)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: dear RP i tried to open ur 06-17-13 folder but couldnt open every time when i click on folder it says need to upgrade my account and i dont want to buy the acoount i have already registered the media fire for free account please help me

Maybe try doing a Ctrl-Shift-R to force a refresh of the page.

You should not need a premium or even any account afaik to download from my Mediafire account.
(2013-08-10, 10:26)RedPenguin Wrote: Oh well. Thanks for the info. Was wishing this worked cause it's difficult to explain this stuff to OpenELEC users, but guess nothing can be done.

I've determined a solution for OpenELEC that allows any system library used by XBMC to be replaced by an alternative third party version - it's a pretty ugly hack, but it does work with an unmodified 3.1.x build without any problems, and given the only other alternative is a custom build this makes it a lot less trouble despite it's ugliness! Smile

Frodo

With a Frodo-based build (OpenELEC 3.x.x) the solution involves using autostart.sh to halt the initial load of xbmc.bin, modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then initiating a secondary load of xbmc.bin but now using the third party libraries (librtmp etc.). The hack will only be applied when the /storage/lib directory is present (exists), and when autostart.sh is being called during the boot sequence (when the parent process ID is 1), and when /storage/lib isn't detected at the beginning of LD_LIBRARY_PATH (and thus needs to be added). The check for PPID means it is possible to call autostart.sh without re-invoking xbmc.bin, which may be useful when testing/debugging other autostart.sh functionality...

Gotham Update

Gotham-based builds (OpenELEC 4.x.x+) totally change the boot process with the introduction of systemd, which actually makes this solution a lot less ugly, not to mention far simpler to achieve.

The latest version of hacklib will now detect when booting on a Gotham (also Helix) build and simply copy /etc/profile.d to a temporary location, then add an extra script to this new profile.d folder that fixes up LD_LIBRARY_PATH with our third-party library location. The profile.d folder with extra script from the temporary location is then substituted for the standard /etc/profile.d directory. From now on, new processes - including xbmc.bin - will reference the new profile.d folder and as a result will use the fixed up LD_LIBRARY_PATH that includes our third-party libraries.

Installation instructions: (See end of post for direct download instructions)

1. Create /storage/lib and populate with third-party libraries. Download the latest librtmp.so.0 for RasPi or Linux/x86 from Red Penguins Repo, and create the librtmp.so symbolic link:
Code:
mkdir -p /storage/lib
cd /storage/lib
<Download librtmp.so.0 from RedPenguin's "Repo">
chmod 755 librtmp.so.0
ln -s librtmp.so.0 librtmp.so

EDIT 11-Feb-2015: With OpenELEC 5.0.1, the version of librtmp.so is now librtmp.so.1 not librtmp.so.0. For OpenELEC 5.0.1 and higher, the following library configuration is required:
Code:
mkdir -p /storage/lib
cd /storage/lib
<Download librtmp.so.0 from RedPenguin's "Repo">
mv librtmp.so.0 librtmp.so.1
chmod 755 librtmp.so.1
ln -s librtmp.so.1 librtmp.so
ln -s librtmp.so.1 librtmp.so.0

2. Create /storage/.config/autostart.sh using vi or nano:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Hack for third-party libraries
[ $PPID -eq 1 -a -f /storage/.config/hacklib ] && . /storage/.config/hacklib

# Rest of autostart.sh goes here...

3. Create /storage/.config/hacklib (see download link)

4. Reboot.

Optional Extra
When mounting /storage across a network (eg. over NFS or SMB), there will be an increase in network activity as /storage/lib is checked for library files (99.9% of which won't be found) and this could result in reduced UI performance (slightly longer load times etc.). To eliminate any network overhead, you can instead host the thirdparty library files in memory backed storage.

To accomplish this, download the mktmplib file in /storage/.config/mktmplib - when present, it will be called by hacklib and transfer the third party libraries to memory back storage the location of which will then be prefixed to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Disabling 3rd Party Libraries
To disable the hack:
Code:
mv /storage/lib /storage/lib.bak && sync
reboot

Download instructions
Downloadable versions of autostart.sh, hacklib and mktmplib are available on Dropbox - use the following commands to download the files:
Code:
cd /storage/.config
curl -L http://is.gd/kBaTzY -o autostart.sh
curl -L http://is.gd/yQUqNm -o hacklib
curl -L http://is.gd/GJdaEY -o mktmplib
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
dear RP i did Control-Shift-R but there is no luck

(2013-08-10, 16:21)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: dear RP i did Control-Shift-R but there is no luck

Install join.me and pm the code let me do it for you
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
crus i need to update librtmp in my gbox can u help me bcoz i already have join.me installed

(2013-08-10, 17:23)sagheerahmed94 Wrote: crus i need to update librtmp in my gbox can u help me bcoz i already have join.me installed

Sure I will help pm me the code an give me 20 min and I will help
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
I posted the following in the Twitch.tv thread.

(2013-08-09, 12:23)DaveKap Wrote: Hey all. I'm here to request a way to edit the buffer of Twitch streams. Why?

On my PC Twitch streaming is pretty much as fast as possible thanks to the fact that I live in the same city as one of the popular Twitch data centers. I assume that when I use this plug-in, the speed my HTPC gets off the Internet is equal to that of my PC since they are both connected to the same router. Yet for no good reason, Twitch streams on XBMC are forced into using a 10 second buffer. Besides the fact that I can measure this distance myself by having the same stream running on both PC and HTPC at once, it actually shows this discrepancy inside XBMC itself! When you check the status of a stream, the "current time" is always 10 seconds behind the "total time" of the stream. Due to this fact, I can't help but think my HTPC has exactly the 10 seconds of buffer that I'm recognizing as 10 seconds of lag on the stream itself. Because of my fast internet speed and appropriately powerful HTPC machine, I don't understand why I can't completely remove this buffer or, at the very least, minimize it.

Can anyone lend a hand on this issue?

Which was replied to with the following:

(2013-08-10, 12:14)ptx-chris Wrote: I ran into this problem myself, even though I set all buffers to max. It hast probably to do with librtmp and cannot be influenced by xbmc :/

Which brings me here. Is there any way to edit or configure or grab a different version of librtmp that won't give me this stupid and useless 10 second buffer? I'm running openelec on a raspberry pi and this is pretty much the biggest issue I'm having with it right now.
If there is a newer librtmp file than the June 17,2013 file,Can someone please give me the link so I can up date please. Can I still get the link for this file as well please and thank you.
I am currently running frodo 12.2 on my ipad/retina, i dont know if this is enough info. I really dint know what i am doing but i saw in another post that updating the lib would help sportsdevil. Any advice would help and a step by step would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8