• 1(current)
New XBMC 13.2 and Weather Underground Add-on showing BROKEN
For the past week all I've gotten on Weather Underground is an icon of a cloud with a yellow slash through it and all temps set to 32 F.
Is the service still running for anyone?
See here (first post should hopefully sort youSmile)
(2013-08-10, 16:20)davelr Wrote: For the past week all I've gotten on Weather Underground is an icon of a cloud with a yellow slash through it and all temps set to 32 F.
Is the service still running for anyone?
Same problem -- and yes I checked and the weather is enabled.
(2013-08-10, 17:36)dc361 Wrote: Same problem -- and yes I checked and the weather is enabled.
Which version of XBMC are you running?
(2013-08-10, 20:05)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 17:36)dc361 Wrote: Same problem -- and yes I checked and the weather is enabled.
Which version of XBMC are you running?

I've tried it on 12.1 frodo on an ATV2, 12.2 git 20130502-32b1a5e (nexus7) and 13.0 alpha 6 (win7/64) with no luck.

I've done a bit more debugging --
turned off my IPV6 6in4 tunnel - no luck
checked weatherunderground web site and it brings up the weather for the city I want

After that, I tried multiple other cities in xbmc and it appears that it does work for cities in the US but not in Canada.
+1 12.2

Weather Underground had been working (with sporadic glitches) for quite a while and seemed to just stop working about 1-2 weeks ago.

Mayoman: thanks but same DC361, it is enabled and set to a correct location. Just no response and this is for a US city (Denver).

Never mind - just recycled all settings and it started working again. Since nothing was changed not sure what was going on, but now good.
(2013-08-12, 19:35)davelr Wrote: +1 12.2

Weather Underground had been working (with sporadic glitches) for quite a while and seemed to just stop working about 1-2 weeks ago.

Mayoman: thanks but same DC361, it is enabled and set to a correct location. Just no response and this is for a US city (Denver).

Never mind - just recycled all settings and it started working again. Since nothing was changed not sure what was going on, but now good.

Still no luck with Canadian sites with weatherunderground .. I can switch to Yahoo weather and it works fine..
Thumbs Down 
I saw it (Weather Underground) was pulled from the repo. This is a great loss as none of the other providers gives you anything close...

pity...
Sad
(2014-10-15, 17:18)cyber7 Wrote: I saw it (Weather Underground) was pulled from the repo. This is a great loss as none of the other providers gives you anything close...

pity...
Sad

OpenWeatherMap has a pretty good API, I´d say it comes close. No reason to feel sad. Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I just did a Amazon Fire TV XBMC (13.2) install and when i went to install the WEATHER UNDERGROUND add-on it decided to show up BROKEN. I've installed this add-on several times on Fire TV with no problems, on this very box. I'm pretty sure I can delete the add-on's DB and start over but I really don't want to do that.

Is there any way to get this working? It's a must have on my main menu.
This don´t work more, you need select other weather addon.

read here about:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1813365
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Frak…
It may be a skin issue. I use Nox and had that issue where I would select location but the window to actually do so never showed. I wound up having to switch back to Confluence, set the location then switch back to Nox. Works fine now.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
how about adding a property so that folks can add their own API key?
For those interested in still using the Weather Underground add-on, here is how you can get it working again:

- Sign up for your own API key from the weather underground website, for 500 hits a day it's free.

- Inverted they key (ie. the API key - backwards)

- Use a base64 encoder online (ie. https://www.base64encode.org/) to converted your inverted API key to base64.

- Copy the base64 encoded API key to line that includes:
WAIK = ' ' (copying the base64 encoded API key inside the single quotes)

The file that needs to be edited, is wunderground.py

I just did this and it is working perfectly again.

- Mark
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC 13.2 and Weather Underground Add-on showing BROKEN5