[Request] Google Drive addon for XBMC?
Hi i am a noob when it comes to cloud computing/storage but i just tried out the free 5GB Google Drive and the experience has got me thinking about how to incorporate Google Drive into XBMC if this really takes off Rofl

Basically i am thinking of accessing my movies/music with all files stored on Google Drive. So as long as i have a device that can get on the internet (hopefully playing on XBMC) i'm cool Tongue Just before posting this i tested uploading a 100mb MKV video file from my hard disk to Google Drive and it took about 15 mins which for me wasn't that bad Nod

The problem is when i played the file the player seems to be the one on Youtube so i was wondering if there could be an XBMC addon to access Google Drive? From what i understand with paid/upgraded storage one could link the Google Drive to Picasa Albums? I installed the Picasa addon and my Google Drive is not shown in XBMC (free, 5GB Google Drive not paid storage/upgrade yet)

Also can anyone help me here
https://support.google.com/drive/bin/ans...er=2374993

Quote:Storage plans & pricing

Choose from any of the following storage plans to be shared across Google Drive and Picasa:

Storage Monthly Rate
25 GB $2.49
100 GB $4.99
200 GB $9.99
400 GB $19.99
1 TB $49.99
2 TB $99.99
4 TB $199.99
8 TB $399.99
16 TB $799.99

If suppose one takes up the 200GB plan - is there a sort of minimum period i.e you can't take it up for just 1 month? Suppose u take 200GB @ $9.99/mth for a year so that equates to 2.4TB for the year : if i use 100GB on month one does that mean i have 300GB on month 2? Or must i use up all 200GB for the month and no storage is transferable to the next month?
To answer part of your question about the cloud service. When you purchase the 200GB per month. Its the same 200GB you get each month so if you fill it up in the first month thats that. You dont get another 200GB the following month. All you get is 200GB period. which for storing movies and tv shows is not a lot of room at all.

Your idea is pretty cool though of integrating a Cloud Service into XBMC and kind of use that as a NAS. This would eliminate the whole need for Nas devices. Only problem I see is would it download off the Cloud service fast enough to watch without buffering and stuttering and such.
Ok thank you - that was useful! Hmm not sure why Google does not make unused storage transferable to a new month That IMO would make committing to them for a longer period more attractive! Well i tried a wired desktop and a wifi laptop to play the MKV video file off Google Drive and the wired machine had zero issues while my Wifi G laptop had minor hiccups ^^ Not fast fibre optic internet just the broadband too.
(2012-07-11, 07:51)pinelights Wrote: Ok thank you - that was useful! Hmm not sure why Google does not make unused storage transferable to a new month That IMO would make committing to them for a longer period more attractive!
You are renting 200GB of storage from Google for $9.99 per month. It doesn't matter if you use all 200GB, 100GB or 0GB of that capacity in the first month. Your total capacity is 200GB and whatever you haven't used is still available to you as long as you continue to pay them $9.99 each month. On the other hand, if you use up the entire 200GB, you won't get any additional capacity unless you bump up to 400GB for $19.99 a month. It's not the same as mobile phone plans where they provide you a new block of minutes each month and any unused minutes in the previous month may or may not be rolled into the current month depending on the terms of the plan.
I would like a picture addon for this so I can access all my pictures that are stored on Google Drive Via XBMC
(2013-07-10, 01:58)Howry Wrote: I would like a picture addon for this so I can access all my pictures that are stored on Google Drive Via XBMC

I solved it by using the picasa addon, and added my google drive sync directory on my picasa app on the pc, I know it isn't clean, but well, until api is available if it ever will, it's kinda a sollution.
I ended up putting together a gdrive addon for xbmc that lets you stream videos from your google drive. Haven't posted it online though, message me and I'll send it to you.
(2013-09-05, 04:37)dmdsoftware Wrote: I ended up putting together a gdrive addon for xbmc that lets you stream videos from your google drive. Haven't posted it online though, message me and I'll send it to you.

Is there a reason u havent posted the add on yet? Just have to ask...
(2013-09-05, 04:37)dmdsoftware Wrote: I ended up putting together a gdrive addon for xbmc that lets you stream videos from your google drive. Haven't posted it online though, message me and I'll send it to you.

How hard would it be to make a simple proof of concept to play videos from a bitcasa drive with the webinterface? This would allow Bitcasa to work on any device XBMC works on without using the bitcasa software on the computer. (Bitcasa has the unlimited storage the OP is looking for)

http://bitcasa.com
http://www.owlboy.com

Acer Aspire Revo AR1600
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the whole plugin development thing but I would love to tackle this request. I'm actually going to be doing this for a project for school. If anyone know where for me to start would help a lot. I have never done anything with API's or anything so this is all new to me. So any help or guidance would be a huge help to me. I'm currently still learning python so keep it somewhat simple for me.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Google Drive addon for XBMC?0