How to hide password/user in debug logs?
I recently posted a debug log to xbmclogs.com and had several people warn me that it contained my user name and password. I have not been able to find a way to delete the log from the website, and worse, I can't figure out where that password is stored in the log so that I can edit/delete it in future logs.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
The log is just a text file, so you can just open it with a text editor and mask (e.g., replace the characters with asterisks) your password and any other sensitive information before uploading it. The debug log file itself is located here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...d#Location
Thanks. I understand how to mask the password, I just can't find it. I was hoping someone could give me a rough idea of what section of the log it would be in or what code to look for.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Use the text editor's search/find function and look for all occurrences of your username and/or password in the file? You can do a global search-and-replace.
Thanks. I really feel like a dummy. Spent nearly 2 hours going through the log for nothing when the software could have done it in a couple of seconds.Confused

What about the other question? Is there any way to delete posts to xbmclogs.com?
(2013-09-12, 21:01)wgstarks Wrote: Thanks. I really feel like a dummy. Spent nearly 2 hours going through the log for nothing when the software could have done it in a couple of seconds.Confused

What about the other question? Is there any way to delete posts to xbmclogs.com?

They will be removed after a month.
Maybe contact site owner
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hide password/user in debug logs?0