• 8(current)
Win HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution
helicobacter Wrote:...
My card is Nvidia Geforce 7300 Go

I did it Smile

it's working..... I had to check the windowed option in XBMC

I have only one more question :

I installed the newest version of nightlies and everything is working besides controls from xbmc commander for ipad

Am i able to fix it?

I woudl like to have the airplay enabled and it's working in the latest version but controls are not working...

Maybe you know any other app to control xbmc from ipad ?

I was just about that say that! Laugh the run as windowed option yes, however for me it lags using this. I'm yet to test if it stops if I shutdown the main display. Use a stable version that's all i can say. Haven't yet had the energy to look in to remote control more then one app I use on my ipad.

UPDATE:

Seems to works quite well with windowed mode and vertical blank sync always enabled
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
There is an easier way to do this with Ultramon.

1. Open the Options menu for Ultramon
2. Open the Hotkeys tab
3. Make sure "Move window to next monitor" is selected.
4. Create a hotkey (e.g. ctrl +F)

After you open XBMC just use the Hotkey you created to move XBMC to the second monitor. If you have it running in full screen it will move to the second monitor in full screen.
Is there anyway this can be applied to use on a single monitor? I have my laptop used as my HTPC on my TV via HDMI. When I hook it up I want it to start at a lower resolution such as 720P as otherwise everything is too small to read on the screen. I want it to then switch to 1080P resolution when I launch XBMC and switch back when I close it.
Sorry for the necro bump...

Was anyone able to make the xbmc.bat:

Quote:@echo off
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend
start /WAIT xbmc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /externa

work with Windows 8?

I upgraded yesterday and 9 out of 10 it doesnt work... it does extend the monitors, but for some reason xbmc opens in my monitor and not in my hdtv.
It is remarkable, this valuable message
hi fellows! i'm on the same boat , trying to make it work on windows 8.

Tried the original .bat, seems to work fine on win7, not on win8.
I'm trying ultramon now, but so far no luck

Anybody made it work on on eight successfully?
(2012-11-06, 16:48)Kaos2005 Wrote: Sorry for the necro bump...

Was anyone able to make the xbmc.bat:

Quote:@echo off
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend
start /WAIT xbmc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /externa

work with Windows 8?

I upgraded yesterday and 9 out of 10 it doesnt work... it does extend the monitors, but for some reason xbmc opens in my monitor and not in my hdtv.

Hi!

HOW-TO updated Smile

(2012-11-13, 12:36)Empomi Wrote: It is remarkable, this valuable message

?
Do you understand?
I have a bit of a weird setup.

I have a dual hdmi intel nuc. So just 2 hdmi out puts.

One is going to a tv and the other to a projector. My media htpc is always on. At the moment, each time i want to change to tv or projector, i have to exit and go back into xbmc.

I want to clone xbmc on both displays, but both displays are not always on. Some times 1 is on and the other isnt. Sometimes, both are off and sometimes both are on. Will this work for me? which should i try. the new one with the xbmc.bat or the other one?
(2013-04-22, 00:47)tezz99 Wrote: I have a bit of a weird setup.

I have a dual hdmi intel nuc. So just 2 hdmi out puts.

One is going to a tv and the other to a projector. My media htpc is always on. At the moment, each time i want to change to tv or projector, i have to exit and go back into xbmc.

I want to clone xbmc on both displays, but both displays are not always on. Some times 1 is on and the other isnt. Sometimes, both are off and sometimes both are on. Will this work for me? which should i try. the new one with the xbmc.bat or the other one?

Hi!

This is not possible I'm afraid. You could try Ultramon and see if it's "mirror" mode could work.
Do you understand?
Could I use this tutorial to watch XBMC on a 3 monitor setup. Where I can use XBMC on dual monitors and a desktop on the 3rd?
(2013-04-24, 09:09)tdhz77 Wrote: Could I use this tutorial to watch XBMC on a 3 monitor setup. Where I can use XBMC on dual monitors and a desktop on the 3rd?

What? XBMC spanned over two monitors, and desktop on 1 monitor? is that was you mean?
Do you understand?
Hello all,

I'm new to XBMC and the forums, so bear with me if I'm asking questions that have already been answered but this is the only thing of value that Google turned up on this subject.

I'm running Frodo on a dedicated htpc (AMD A10-5800K) that is not in the same room with my main display (50 inch panel). I have added a second small display (800x600 touch screen) at the HTPC, so I can see what's going on with the system without having to run back and forth.

I found this "how to" and have configured the main TV as "screen #2, 1920x1080", and I'm using the batch file from the first post to launch XBMC and it works just like it's supposed to. XBMC launches in full screen at the correct resolution on the tv and leaves the task bar and icons on the small touch screen. in my case the touch screen must be the primary display or the touch controls won't work (non-HID compliant).

The problem comes when I turn off the TV in the living room. I'm using a Harmony one and just have that xbmc activity set to turn off the Tv when I press the power button. The HTPC stays on all the time. When I do this, XBMC moves to the small touch screen (still in full screen mode but at 800x600). I have to go into the settings in XBMC and set it back to "screen #2 1920x1080" every time I turn the TV off, then back on.

Is there any way to force the "screen 2" setting in xbmc? Even if the display is not connected.

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Greg
Hi Copierguy!

Sry for not responding earlier. This is actually by design on Windows 7 - 8.1 as far as I know. Its not XBMC that's doing anything wrong, it's Windows Smile I asked this question myself not so long ago and got that response. There is some hack to fool Windows that the monitor/display is still on, u'll have to google that due Smile
Do you understand?
Hello,
I am trying to figure out the configuration for the Win 7 batch file mentioned in post #1. My scenario:
dual monitors
1 - old dell low res monitor connected to the pc via vga running xbmc
2 - 1080p plasma tv via HDMI

The problem was figuring out a way to not have to manually switch monitors in windows every time. This thread seemed like the perfect fit for me but I am stuckSad

I created the batch file and placed it in the correct location but I cannot get xbmc to display correctly on my plasma? All I get is the windows desktop screen, nothing else.
How do I configure the NVidia control panel as well as the video out settings in xbmc so this all works accordingly? I have the dell monitor as "primary" #2 in NVidia and the plasma as screen #1.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brandon
Hi folks,
I have been fighting with lack of command parameter to start xbmc on selected monitor for few months reading lot of forums without finding anything really 100% working. I do not get why is such an easy parameter missing in xbmc, would make things really easier. So I found this workaround to be working for me:

my setup:
1 small desktop monitor (sometimes if I am too lazy to start projector, I want to use it as well for xbmc)
2 projector to watch movies
usually I start pc with WOL with my phone and do not want to touch anything, just to be sure xbmc is ALLWAYS starting on projector for direct use controled with my phone.

problem:
when I start xbmc earlier then projector, or last time used it on desktop, xbmc switches to desktop and I have to use keyboard or mouse to dig throught settings to switch it back to projector (very very annoying).

my solution:
- powershell script, which adapts guisettings.xml to use my specified monitor and starts xbmc.
- now I have on my desktop two shortcuts (XBMC-Projector, XBMC-Desktop) and in Auto-Startup XBMC-Projector

powershell script for setting desired monitor (example for FullHD projector as second monitor):

#using xml

# get the path to the local video settings
$appdata = Get-Childitem env:APPDATA
$settingsPath = $appdata.Value + "\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml"

# open it as xml
$file = get-item $settingsPath
$xml = [xml](Get-Content $file)

# set the values to start on second monitor in fullsreen
# these values might be adapted depending on current system
$xml.settings.videoscreen.blankdisplays = "false"
$xml.settings.videoscreen.fakefullscreen = "true"
$xml.settings.videoscreen.guicalibration = ""
$xml.settings.videoscreen.resolution = "17"
$xml.settings.videoscreen.screen = "1"
$xml.settings.videoscreen.screenmode = "10192001080060.00000p"
$xml.settings.videoscreen.vsync = "2"

$xml.Save($file)

# need if used in windows start-up (xbmc has some troubles if
# started too early after windows starts)
Start-Sleep -m 1500

# run xbmc
C:\"Program Files (x86)"\XBMC\XBMC.exe

hope this helps someone... regards..

just a hint to get the right values for powershell script:
set up manually your xbmc so it is running on right monitor with right resolution.
exit xbmc
look into guisettings.xml and find the part with videoscreen
copy the right values to your powershell script

hint how run powershell from shortcut on desktop or win-startup
create powershell script
create a .bat file with this line: powershell c:\...\yourpowershell.ps1

- you can doubleclick this bat file to run the powershell.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution4