• 7(current)
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?
It would be nice to record live tv on a regular schedule. E.g. recording channel 3 every day monday to friday at 3 pm.
Dual audio zone capability would be very helpful! I currently use the Eden dual audio patched version now with my 7.1 over HDMI feeding my theater room and analog 2.0 feeding other zones in the house and video distributed via HDMI matrix.
PRET support within XBMC to allow connection to DrFTPd server clusters. That would be AWSEOME!!! I know about 40 people screaming for it myself, and after reading about it, it seems many have been screaming for it for over 5 years.

Is it possible? If so, what is the likelihood we will see it on XBMC? Even better, what is the likelihood we will see it on Gotham?

If it is already possible, can someone point towards some literature? And yes I am a big fat noob, so keep it in layman's terms.

If XBMC is not able to do this, does anyone know of another approach? I guess the DrFTPd relies on PRET (Pretransfer) command, which is not commonplace and I assume the only reason XBMC hasn't implemented such a feature.
Two features I would really like:

- improved Blu ray menu support (full support if poss)

- video source direct option (i.e. native video pass-through)
I already created a thread for what I'd like to see back in July for the next major XBMC version, but I thought I'd mention it again in any case: I'd love to see it possible that smart playlists for genres like anime TV shows, anime movies, anime OVA's and Tokusatsu (Japanese superhero shows) can be added to separate custom menu's on a skin without any problems at all and without having to delete the regular TV and Movie menu's for it to happen.
The ability to create a "set" of movie sets. For example, if I wanted to group all my Marvel movies together, but still keep them in individual movie sets (Iron man collection, etc). Almost like a folder structure within the library.
Ordered chapters.
native Video Resolution Passthrou
hdcd decoding
dolby pro logic instead of all channel stereo output
sacd support
graphlcd/graphtft support
second audio out or quick switch audio device via remote control
speaker crossover, level and distance control for analog and pcm output
build in digital room correction
build in DVD Ripper
automatic audio- and videodatabase synchronisation between two or more xbmc installations
buildin color, brightness, saturation etc. Video settings
HTPC (AMD X4 620, Geforce GT 520, Tevii 470, Antec Fusion Case with Imon LCD) with Openelec Gotham Nightlies
Raspberry Pi with Openelec Nightlies for Testing

(2013-11-08, 15:22)borgmanjayce Wrote: I already created a thread for what I'd like to see back in July for the next major XBMC version, but I thought I'd mention it again in any case: I'd love to see it possible that smart playlists for genres like anime TV shows, anime movies, anime OVA's and Tokusatsu (Japanese superhero shows) can be added to separate custom menu's on a skin without any problems at all and without having to delete the regular TV and Movie menu's for it to happen.

Under development and might make it in/fully polished for Gotham.

(2013-11-08, 17:54)tonkyhonkin Wrote: The ability to create a "set" of movie sets. For example, if I wanted to group all my Marvel movies together, but still keep them in individual movie sets (Iron man collection, etc). Almost like a folder structure within the library.

Already in nightly/monthly builds.
(2013-11-09, 02:46)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-11-08, 17:54)tonkyhonkin Wrote: The ability to create a "set" of movie sets. For example, if I wanted to group all my Marvel movies together, but still keep them in individual movie sets (Iron man collection, etc). Almost like a folder structure within the library.

Are there any details on how that is working as I'm running a nightly (admittedly a couple of days old) and can't see anything that allows creation of a "set within a set" (stock Confluence skin). Though I'd have thought this is probably what tags are best used for.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-09, 03:04)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 02:46)Ned Scott Wrote:

Are there any details on how that is working as I'm running a nightly (admittedly a couple of days old) and can't see anything that allows creation of a "set within a set" (stock Confluence skin). Though I'd have thought this is probably what tags are best used for.

Oops, misread his post as just creating sets within the XBMC GUI.
Replacing XBMC/'s database layout with a fully normalized RDB layout such as discussed/proposed in the GSOC 2013 thread.
Aux in support (analog & digital) just for Volume control and Visualisation
Support for DAB/DAB+ and FM Cards
New "Radio" menu Point for Internet, FM, DAB and Sat/Cable Radio
CD/DVD Burn Feature
Build in Internet Browser
HTPC (AMD X4 620, Geforce GT 520, Tevii 470, Antec Fusion Case with Imon LCD) with Openelec Gotham Nightlies
Raspberry Pi with Openelec Nightlies for Testing

throwing my votes
1. Trans coding. Would be nice if I could access my stuff when I am on the road over the internet.
2. Blu-ray with menus. I know this is a work in progress.
Sacd iso support
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?1