• 1(current)
Release Security CAM Overlay add-on
Wink 
First off, big thanks to doobiest for creating this add-on, it was great inspiration and got me a long way down the road.

Below is a significantly updated version that cleans up/fixes a bunch of stuff and adds a "Config" section to the add-on so all of the options can be set via the XBMC UI.

Latest Version:
Source Code

Older Versions:
Frodo

*zip script.securitycam folder and install in addon folder
(2013-11-23, 09:53)iolaus Wrote: First off, big thanks to doobiest for creating this add-on, it was great inspiration and got me a long way down the road.

Below is a significantly updated version that I spent the evening working on. It cleans up a bunch of stuff and adds a "Config" section to the add-on so all of the options can be set via the XBMC UI.

Please let me know if you decide to use this version and especially if you have any issues. I'm considering breaking the result into two separate add-ons, one for notification and one for camera preview, so I can trigger the camera preview for events other than a doorbell ring. I think it would be nice to be able to push a button on the remote and bring the security cam preview up on a whim. Once I do that I'll try to get the resulting code up on GitHub.

Download Here

Hi there.

I would like to use your version but dont know where I enter my ip,username,password. Is it under Get Settings or Inject?! I tried both. But they dont work. Please let me know what to do to make this script work with my cam.

Cheers.
(2013-11-30, 11:10)lokipoki Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 09:53)iolaus Wrote: First off, big thanks to doobiest for creating this add-on, it was great inspiration and got me a long way down the road.

Below is a significantly updated version that I spent the evening working on. It cleans up a bunch of stuff and adds a "Config" section to the add-on so all of the options can be set via the XBMC UI.

Please let me know if you decide to use this version and especially if you have any issues. I'm considering breaking the result into two separate add-ons, one for notification and one for camera preview, so I can trigger the camera preview for events other than a doorbell ring. I think it would be nice to be able to push a button on the remote and bring the security cam preview up on a whim. Once I do that I'll try to get the resulting code up on GitHub.

Download Here

Hi there.

I would like to use your version but dont know where I enter my ip,username,password. Is it under Get Settings or Inject?! I tried both. But they dont work. Please let me know what to do to make this script work with my cam.

Cheers.

You should be able to configure all the settings from within XBMC now. Navigate to the Add-On and click on the "Config" menu option, you can enter all the relevant information there.
(2013-11-30, 20:30)iolaus Wrote:
(2013-11-30, 11:10)lokipoki Wrote:

Download Here

Hi there.

Cheers.

You should be able to configure all the settings from within XBMC now. Navigate to the Add-On and click on the "Config" menu option, you can enter all the relevant information there.

Ok I did that.

[IP]\image.jpg (which gives me a picture of my cam in my browser). Username and password. But I get this Log:

Code:
09:35:41 T:4344   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.doorbell" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
09:35:41 T:4344   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '500.000000'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.doorbell\doorbell.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                interval = int(__addon__.getSetting('interval'))
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '500.000000'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:35:41 T:4320   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
09:35:41 T:4344    INFO: Python script stopped
09:35:41 T:4344   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 4344 terminating
09:35:41 T:4320   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 11 (C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.doorbell\doorbell.py) to stop
09:35:41 T:4320   DEBUG: python thread 11 (C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.doorbell\doorbell.py) destructed
09:35:41 T:1728   DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x728f620
09:35:41 T:4320   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------
09:35:41 T:1728   DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x728f620
09:35:42 T:4320   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.
(2013-12-01, 00:42)lokipoki Wrote:
(2013-11-30, 20:30)iolaus Wrote: You should be able to configure all the settings from within XBMC now. Navigate to the Add-On and click on the "Config" menu option, you can enter all the relevant information there.

Ok I did that.

[IP]\image.jpg (which gives me a picture of my cam in my browser). Username and password. But I get this Log:

Code:
09:35:41 T:4344   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.doorbell" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
09:35:41 T:4344   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.doorbell\doorbell.py", line 17, in <module>
09:35:41 T:4320   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 11 (C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.doorbell\doorbell.py) to stop
09:35:41 T:4320   DEBUG: python thread 11 (C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.doorbell\doorbell.py) destructed

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.

I did some searching on that error and found the following info on StackOverflow.

Give this one a shot and see if it fixes the issue. I just implemented the change mentioned on StackOverflow.

Also, please take note that this version is a new renamed script without the notification so you'll want to uninstall the old one and look for the new Add-On under "Program Add-ons -> Security Cam Overlay". I removed the notification piece because I mapped the add-on to a button on my remote so I can bring up the security cam image at any time (not just when the doorbell is pressed).
(2013-12-01, 01:42)iolaus Wrote:
(2013-12-01, 00:42)lokipoki Wrote:
(2013-11-30, 20:30)iolaus Wrote: You should be able to configure all the settings from within XBMC now. Navigate to the Add-On and click on the "Config" menu option, you can enter all the relevant information there.

Ok I did that.

Code:

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.

I did some searching on that error and found the following info on StackOverflow.

Give this one a shot and see if it fixes the issue. I just implemented the change mentioned on StackOverflow.

Also, please take note that this version is a new renamed script without the notification so you'll want to uninstall the old one and look for the new Add-On under "Program Add-ons -> Security Cam Overlay". I removed the notification piece because I mapped the add-on to a button on my remote so I can bring up the security cam image at any time (not just when the doorbell is pressed).

Ok with the new "Security Cam Overlay" script I get this error:

Code:
13:13:22 T:3552   DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0xc6db8b0
13:13:22 T:3552   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
13:13:22 T:1116   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:13:22 T:1116   DEBUG: ------ Window Init () ------
13:13:22 T:3552   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the path specified: '10.1.1.50\\image.jpg'
                                              File "C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.securitycam\default.py", line 61, in <module>
                                                urllib.urlretrieve(url, __snapshot__)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 93, in urlretrieve
                                                return _urlopener.retrieve(url, filename, reporthook, data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 239, in retrieve
                                                fp = self.open(url, data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 207, in open
                                                return getattr(self, name)(url)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 469, in open_file
                                                return self.open_local_file(url)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 483, in open_local_file
                                                raise IOError(e.errno, e.strerror, e.filename)
                                            IOError: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the path specified: '10.1.1.50\\image.jpg'
13:13:22 T:1116   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
13:13:22 T:1116   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit () ------
13:13:22 T:1116   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------
13:13:22 T:3552    INFO: Python script stopped
13:13:22 T:3552   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 3552 terminating

I do type in 10.1.1.50\image.jpg but in the log it appears as 10.1.1.50\\image.jpg, as you can see. I think there is the issue.

Cheers.
(2013-12-01, 04:16)lokipoki Wrote: Ok with the new "Security Cam Overlay" script I get this error:

Code:
13:13:22 T:3552   DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0xc6db8b0
13:13:22 T:3552   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
13:13:22 T:3552   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the path specified: '10.1.1.50\\image.jpg'
                                              File "C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.securitycam\default.py", line 61, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 93, in urlretrieve
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 239, in retrieve
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 207, in open
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 469, in open_file
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 483, in open_local_file
                                            IOError: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the path specified: '10.1.1.50\\image.jpg'

I do type in 10.1.1.50\image.jpg but in the log it appears as 10.1.1.50\\image.jpg, as you can see. I think there is the issue.

Cheers.

Try prefixing your url with "http://" or "https://". Also, urls should use a forward slash "/" not a backslash "\".

In your case something like this: http://10.1.1.50/image.jpg
(2013-12-01, 17:46)iolaus Wrote:
(2013-12-01, 04:16)lokipoki Wrote: Ok with the new "Security Cam Overlay" script I get this error:

Code:

Cheers.

Try prefixing your url with "http://" or "https://". Also, urls should use a forward slash "/" not a backslash "\".

In your case something like this: http://10.1.1.50/image.jpg

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. My bad. Of course you have to use a forward slash. What was I thinking Smile

I changed it and got this:

Code:
19:28:01 T:4924   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.EOFError'>
                                            Error Contents: EOF when reading a line
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 457, in open_https
                                                return self.http_error(url, fp, errcode, errmsg, headers)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 375, in http_error
                                                result = method(url, fp, errcode, errmsg, headers)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 690, in http_error_401
                                                return getattr(self,name)(url, realm)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 767, in retry_https_basic_auth
                                                user, passwd = self.get_user_passwd(host, realm, i)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 783, in get_user_passwd
                                                user, passwd = self.prompt_user_passwd(host, realm)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 792, in prompt_user_passwd
                                                host))
                                            EOFError: EOF when reading a line
19:28:01 T:200   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit () ------
19:28:01 T:200   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
19:28:01 T:4924    INFO: Python script stopped
19:28:01 T:4924   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 4924 terminating
19:28:01 T:200   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 13 (C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.securitycam\default.py) to stop
19:28:01 T:200   DEBUG: python thread 13 (C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.securitycam\default.py) destructed

Cheers mate.
(2013-12-04, 10:30)lokipoki Wrote: Hi.

Thanks for your reply. My bad. Of course you have to use a forward slash. What was I thinking Smile

Code:
19:28:01 T:4924   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 457, in open_https
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 375, in http_error
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 690, in http_error_401
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 767, in retry_https_basic_auth
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 783, in get_user_passwd
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 792, in prompt_user_passwd
                                                host))
19:28:01 T:200   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 13 (C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.securitycam\default.py) to stop
19:28:01 T:200   DEBUG: python thread 13 (C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.securitycam\default.py) destructed

Cheers mate.

The Error Type: <type 'exceptions.EOFError'> makes me think that the code was unable to retrieve the image from the provided URL for some reason.
Hi @iolaus

I would love to try your version of the script but the filedropper download links seem to no longer work (for me at least, it just redirects to the filedropper homepage). Are you able to repost them please?

Thanks! Smile
(2013-12-12, 00:01)fitzy89 Wrote: Hi @iolaus

I would love to try your version of the script but the filedropper download links seem to no longer work (for me at least, it just redirects to the filedropper homepage). Are you able to repost them please?

Thanks! Smile

I re-uploaded the zip here, let me know if you're still having trouble. If a couple people use it successfully maybe I'll look into getting it added to a repository.
[/quote]

I re-uploaded the zip here, let me know if you're still having trouble. If a couple people use it successfully maybe I'll look into getting it added to a repository.
[/quote]

Wow thanks very much for the quick response! Awesome, it's great having the config menu within xbmc and the adjustments for size is very useful too.

I'm thinking of doing some modifications to it to better suit my use (as a baby video monitor) but I don't know python at all so not sure if you are able to advise how to do it? At the moment I've got it running from a hotkey using keyboard.xml but ideally I'd like to be able to toggle it on/off rather than have it on a timer like it currently is. I'm unsure if this would need to be implemented in the script or whether it would need to be done in hotkey settings for XBMC (maybe one to launch it and another to terminate it?).

Also another non-essential mod would be to select which corner of the screen it's shown in as some tv shows have subtitles which it may get in the way of at the moment but that can wait a while

Thanks Smile

[/quote]

Wow thanks very much for the quick response! Awesome, it's great having the config menu within xbmc and the adjustments for size is very useful too.

I'm thinking of doing some modifications to it to better suit my use (as a baby video monitor) but I don't know python at all so not sure if you are able to advise how to do it? At the moment I've got it running from a hotkey using keyboard.xml but ideally I'd like to be able to toggle it on/off rather than have it on a timer like it currently is. I'm unsure if this would need to be implemented in the script or whether it would need to be done in hotkey settings for XBMC (maybe one to launch it and another to terminate it?).

Also another non-essential mod would be to select which corner of the screen it's shown in as some tv shows have subtitles which it may get in the way of at the moment but that can wait a while

Thanks Smile
[/quote]

If you'd like to attempt to make those changes you're welcome to go for it. Otherwise, I'll see if I can find some time to add those features as additional options in the configuration.
Thanks iolaus

I'll give it a go when time permits but I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage it though, will be a good experience for me either way Smile I can roughly work out what's happening in the code at the moment but writing new code is where I'll struggle but I'll see what I can do and post here if I make any progress on it.

Cheers
Rob
(2013-12-04, 23:18)iolaus Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 10:30)lokipoki Wrote: Hi.

Code:
                                                host))

Cheers mate.

The Error Type: <type 'exceptions.EOFError'> makes me think that the code was unable to retrieve the image from the provided URL for some reason.

I just noticed the line that I haven`t posted. It goes just in front of the log I posted:

Code:
19:00:41 T:5992   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)

I tried every combination:

https://10.1.1.50:90/image.jpg
https://10.1.1.50:90/image.jpg
http://10.1.1.50/image.jpg
http://10.1.1.50:90/image.jpg

I do get an image if I just type in a browser but dont get the script to run Confused

Anyone any ideas?!

Cheers.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Security CAM Overlay add-on1