• 21(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
Hi All,

I have just added support for Smart Playlists in the NFO file, if people would like to give it a test drive and let me know, the changelog looks as follows:

Code:
v4.2.1
- Handle invalid link to playlist in nfo better
- Fix non-ascii names on non-windows platform
- Support Smart Playlists

Grab the latest 2 files:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/trun...backend.py
http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/trun...scraper.py

Details on the Wiki

Once everyone is happy - I'll request another publish (Most probably the last before the New Year) - will also include the latest Language updates when I do the publish.

Please post your comments now! Wink

Rob
I have had a couple problems with TVTunes that have led me to disable it for a bit:

1. Themes are generally way too loud at standard volume so I apply the setting that decreases their volume. However, I have found repeatedly to be the case that when I back out of a TV show it does not RAISE the XBMC volume back up. I routinely have to raise it back up to 100% manually.

2. With TVTunes enabled, I get a visible stutter when I enter into a TV show and everything begins to load. This does not happen with TV Tunes disabled. Using an i3 2100 and Aeon Nox theme.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
@Silvaire: for #2 - Please, could you try setting theme play delay to 1 second, and see if it fixes the stuttering? Sometimes combined with fade-in and fade-out, it makes the whole experience smoother.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-12-18, 18:23)Silvaire Wrote: 1. Themes are generally way too loud at standard volume so I apply the setting that decreases their volume. However, I have found repeatedly to be the case that when I back out of a TV show it does not RAISE the XBMC volume back up. I routinely have to raise it back up to 100% manually.

Interesting, this was also reported by meridius

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1567039

(Also using Aeon Nox I believe).

Please can you make sure you have updated the skin hooks as detailed here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...in_Changes

Thanks

Rob
Well, I feel better knowing I am not alone. Smile I do enjoy the feel of TVTunes and was hoping these issues were resolvable. I'm heading home from work in about 40 minutes and I will take a look at your instructions.

As a preamble, I'm using the latest Nox from the official repository in OpenELEC, however, I had this issue back when I was using Windows 7 too.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
(2013-12-18, 18:45)Silvaire Wrote: Well, I feel better knowing I am not alone. Smile

Unfortunately meridius went silent after this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1568676

So we don't really know what the problem was and if it was skin specific, or have the chance to help flush out the problem.

Rob
Fear not, I shall not abandon you!
Ok, my MyVideoNav.xml has this:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes) + IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DontRunTVShowScripts))">RunScript(script.tvtunes,back$

My DialogVideoInfo.xml has this:

Code:
<control type="button" id="23">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31365]</label>
                    <include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.tvtunes,mode=solo&amp;tvpath=$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]&amp;tvname=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle])</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kioskmode)</visible>
                    <visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + system.hasaddon(script.tvtunes)</visible>
                </control>

Should I replace either of these?
(2013-12-18, 21:36)Silvaire Wrote: Ok, my MyVideoNav.xml has this:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes) + IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(DontRunTVShowScripts))">RunScript(script.tvtunes,back$

My DialogVideoInfo.xml has this:

Code:
<control type="button" id="23">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31365]</label>
                    <include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.tvtunes,mode=solo&amp;tvpath=$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]&amp;tvname=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle])</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kioskmode)</visible>
                    <visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + system.hasaddon(script.tvtunes)</visible>
                </control>

Should I replace either of these?

Those don't look right - certainly not the first one!

Maybe try switching to the entries on the forum - certainly the onClick/onLoad part of the commands.

Thanks

Rob
I made the requested edits but it seems to have broken TVTunes. Rolled back to default Aeon Nox files.
(2013-12-18, 18:51)rob_webset Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 18:45)Silvaire Wrote: Well, I feel better knowing I am not alone. Smile

Unfortunately meridius went silent after this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1568676

So we don't really know what the problem was and if it was skin specific, or have the chance to help flush out the problem.

Rob

Hi rob

Sorry about that but I have been very busy lately at work but since I have one more day left and a week off I will test this out a lot.

I have noticed that if I turn fade off and leave the reduce volume playback option to -12db I don't have the problem. The next test is to put the volume back to 0 and try the fade option to see if it still does it.

I am going to try a couple of combos to try and nail this down. But fear not I have not forgot

Cheers mate.
(2013-12-19, 21:24)meridius Wrote: I have noticed that if I turn fade off and leave the reduce volume playback option to -12db I don't have the problem. The next test is to put the volume back to 0 and try the fade option to see if it still does it.

I am going to try a couple of combos to try and nail this down. But fear not I have not forgot

Good to have you back!

Please would you be able to post you changed XML files for the skin somewhere so that Silvaire would be able to use them. Silvaire appears to be having an issue updating them.

(It would be handle to have the core skin updated Confused )

Rob
As a small Chirstmas gift for capfuturo I have implemented a feature that allows you to play the first X seconds of a track when you have lots of them in the playlist.

These changes are under:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=170

Note - that there is no change of volume between each track when done this way (for the reasons explained in the email). It just calls next-track on the playlist - I have heard cases where there is a minor "glitch" in the playing - afraid there is nothing I can do about that.

Please let me know if you have any comments/issues.

Rob
Thank you Father Christmas for making my wish come true! :-)

... and what goes around, comes around: gade surely values your work and wants to make it available for the many users of his skin ;-)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Added a settings section to the Wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s#Settings

I thought we were getting a lot of settings options now - so may help newcomers to work out what they do and don't want to enable!

Rob
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2