Newbie with a MacBook Pro turned HTPC. Mavericks.
Hello.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say I don't understand why users are having
so much trouble installing or using the latest version of Mavericks.

Before I did so, I ran the Disk utility and repaired all permissions.

rebooted.

Then I closed all applications and went to the apple app store and started
downloading.

Then, I walked away from the computer until it was done doing it's thing.

When I'm installing software, I always reboot the system before and after,
even though it's not always necessary. I generally just don't experience problems
doing things that way.

My install of the latest XBMC version works perfectly with the new OS X 10.9.1.

(so far).

I'm familiar with computers and software, but the XBMC system is completely new
to me. Thanks for having a forum!
Many of the problems are related not to installation problems, but how you are connected to your TV and sound system.
HDMI audio seems to be a problem for many.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
My MacBook Pro has a mini-dvi output called Thunderbolt that supports HD video and also audio. I have an adapter and cable from that to HDMI input on the TV. You do need to go into Preferences/Sound and toggle to HDMI instead of the built in audio. I didn't realize that at first and wondered why I couldn't hear anything. It's working great now.
(2014-01-13, 16:20)Glorious1 Wrote: Many of the problems are related not to installation problems, but how you are connected to your TV and sound system.
HDMI audio seems to be a problem for many.

Exactly. I have three different Macs. Macbook Pro with head phones; no issues with XBMC. iMac with 2.1 Analog out to external audio; no issues with XBMC either. Mac mini HTPC, USB to Audiophilleo2 (USB to SP/DIF Coax converter) to Onkyo 818 AVR and video through HDMI; all sorts of audio/video issues. Funny thing is the same setup works flawlessly if I boot into Win7 under Bootcamp and run XBMC.
(2014-01-15, 04:10)fullthrottle Wrote: My MacBook Pro has a mini-dvi output called Thunderbolt that supports HD video and also audio. I have an adapter and cable from that to HDMI input on the TV.
So you're just getting your audio on the TV? Stereo?

(2014-01-15, 07:34)macuniverse Wrote: Mac mini HTPC, USB to Audiophilleo2 (USB to SP/DIF Coax converter) to Onkyo 818 AVR and video through HDMI; all sorts of audio/video issues.
Doesn't your Mac mini have mini-SP/DIF combined with the analog audio out port? I thought they have had that for years. If so, why not use that?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie with a MacBook Pro turned HTPC. Mavericks.1