• 130(current)
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon
(2014-01-23, 20:54)VanZan Wrote: I have no idea what version of Pandora to use anymore.....there seems to be ones all over the place! I thought the strangely named "Pandora Json" was the one to use? Can anyone clear this up for me please? Thanks!
Use the one in the post before your question. It works well and will automatically update going forward if you install Rivy's repository.
I was just informed that my most recent release (v2.3.2) was accepted into the official repository.

It can now be downloaded directly from the built-in repository.

If anyone wants to work on the project; I'm happy to invite collaborators. I'm working off of the github repository @ https://github.com/rivy/xbmc-script.audio.pandora .

I'm using a mirror of the Pithos library as the primary access method. Since Pithos is currently popular and maintained, I'm hoping to use their hard work maintaining the Pandora connection to our advantage for this addon, minimizing downtime.

Let me know if you have any patches that you want pulled into the plugin via the usual github pull request mechanism.
Has the Gotham version been added to the Gotham repository, or is only the Frodo version available from the official repo?
Hi rivy! Thanks for the hard work! I installed your repo and your version of the addon and it plays music just fine, autoplays the last station, and gets rid of the "P" logo in the upper left corner (finally, awesome!) However, I've noticed with the first song I play and about every other song thereafter my visualization and/or artist slideshow stop playing. This is kind of a bummer because if the song is fairly long my TV will go to sleep. This doesn't happen with the version in this post. This isn't a huge deal, I can make do, I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing a similar problem. Thanks again!
@jmedemar,

I believe that the Frodo and Gotham repositories are currently one and the same. And, I definitely see the Pandora addon in the official XBMC repository under the Gotham alpha11.

@ Broken9754,

I occasionally have the visualizer cut off for a song, but only occasionally, not repeatably. I'll look into it a bit more, and I'll look for code differences between v2.3.2 and robweber's version that you pointed out.

If anyone else has this problem or can point out the problem & fix, I'll quickly incorporate it into the addon.
Created an issue here: https://github.com/rivy/xbmc-script.audi...a/issues/6

and

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=12962

as I'm not sure if it's a raspberry pi issue or a pandora plug-in issue.
Just installed 2.3.2 from the XBMC UI and I love the addon. It's my first time installing it, and I'm pleased with the integration to the official repository. Just added two minor issues on github - one related to touch screen navigation issues.

Thanks for all the great work on this addon so far!
@ratherDashing, thanks for opening the issue in both areas. It *might* be a problem with MP4 audio on the RaspBMC player. I'll make some logging changes that may help narrow down where the issue is occurring and we can re-test. In the meanwhile, try the High quality setting to use MP3 audio instead. It might solve the problem.

@cliffsch, thanks for the suggestions.

I've gone into more detail in the issues area.
hi , i need proxy settings for pandora xbmc any help please ?
Anyone else getting user authentication errors lately?

I've tried a few different builds (master, JSON, and the one a page or so back) and get the error on each.

I am using pandora one, and the account does work from a laptop on the same network.
@rivy
Thanks for for stepping up and taking things over. I never imagined the addon would become as popular as it did when I started working on it, and eventually maintaining something I wasn't actively using myself just became a bit too tedious. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, though I don't check the forums very often anymore, but if you send it as a PM I'll get an email and should get back to you faster.

If you want to start a new (clean) thread, I'll edit the first post here to point to it.

Again, thanks for taking the time to maintain this. It's great to see it still working and being improved after all this time (my god, has it really been 4 years!)
This is a little greedy, but is there a way to block ads?
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but:

I have version 2.3.2 installed and i am logged into my account, but i can't figure out how to open a stream. How is this accomplished?

I only see buttons for thumbs up & down, pause, play and ZZZ but nothing happens when i try them.

If i play locally stored music the correct art and info is displayed and Pause works but only Pause.

Help please

Thanks,

D

Edit: This was the first time i had ever used pandora and so i had no history to choose a stream from. Now after opening a stream in a web browser i can start it from the history list, but my primary question remains: how do i open a new stream from within XBMC?
(2014-02-19, 17:49)Yo Mama Wrote: This is a little greedy, but is there a way to block ads?

Pandora changed the way they do ads...at one point they use to skip but not any longer. Sad

(2014-02-19, 20:03)DianeDrews Wrote: Forgive me if this is a stupid question but:

I have version 2.3.2 installed and i am logged into my account, but i can't figure out how to open a stream. How is this accomplished?

I only see buttons for thumbs up & down, pause, play and ZZZ but nothing happens when i try them.

If i play locally stored music the correct art and info is displayed and Pause works but only Pause.

Help please

Thanks,

D

Edit: This was the first time i had ever used pandora and so i had no history to choose a stream from. Now after opening a stream in a web browser i can start it from the history list, but my primary question remains: how do i open a new stream from within XBMC?
Your subscriptions should appear on the left of the player window.
Sign on to your Pandora account on your normal computer and add some stations...then they will sync to your XBMC setup when you start the client on xbmc.
I am not aware that the xbmc pandora player has a search function.
Another player for windows desktop that has a great search function to add stations: Elpis
Hey guys stupid question here, but is there anyway to play pandora with this addon in the background when I'm working on updating my library? Kind of like audio services in iOS7 and Android where the main app is closed but a streaming audio service is still running. This would be awesome to have especially if you can use the built in XBMC music visualiazers.
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OBSOLETE] Pandora Radio (Script) Music Addon11