Notice to addon devs
@Bstrdsmkr,

I tried:

PHP Code:
item.setProperty('mimetype''audio/mp4')
xbmc.Player().playurlitem 

... without success. Again, I receive a codec error:
Quote:ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec ...
Hello,
please can you confirm my assumption that script.module.simplejson will not be available in gotham addon repository anymore?

Thanx!
(2014-01-19, 11:57)kapitan-iglu Wrote: Hello,
please can you confirm my assumption that script.module.simplejson will not be available in gotham addon repository anymore?

Thanx!

No I can't. Where did you get that idea?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-01-19, 12:00)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-01-19, 11:57)kapitan-iglu Wrote: Hello,

Thanx!

No I can't. Where did you get that idea?

1) Newly installed (3rd party) plugins (which uses script.module.simplejson) doesn't work in gotham alpha11, because simplejson is not present. Maybe these plugins have wrong depedency set, I don't know yet, I did't look deeper. (but worked fine with same depedencies in frodo)
2) There is no simplejson for gotham (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/). But maybe gotham uses also another repository, I don't know...
3) Your recommendation to use json instead of simplejson.

This three thinks lead me to idea that simplejson is not needed anymore and can be possibly removed..

But I did not find any official post about simplejson removal, only this one, so I better ask..

Thank You.
1. Blame the addon that doesn't import the simplejson module like it should.
2. It uses Frod/Gotham
3. Because json is way faster
(2014-01-19, 12:52)Martijn Wrote: 1. Blame the addon that doesn't import the simplejson module like it should.

Thank You for clarify, bug reported.
(2014-01-19, 12:52)Martijn Wrote: 1. Blame the addon that doesn't import the simplejson module like it should.

What is the proper method to do this in Android? Does the plugin have to deploy a copy of the old script.module.simplejson

Martin
(2014-02-22, 17:46)emveepee Wrote:

What is the proper method to do this in Android? Does the plugin have to deploy a copy of the old script.module.simplejson

Martin

remove any local copy in your own addon that has the same file names and code.

then simple import script.module.simplejson in your addon.xml
example:
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/service.s...don.xml#L7

then it will download and install the module during the initial install of your addon.
Do note that during development you probably need to download and install the module manually which can be found here
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...implejson/
Thanks it doesn't sound logical that I will need to install it manually on all platforms. Is there a way to simply include it with Android?

Martin
(2014-02-22, 18:20)emveepee Wrote: Thanks it doesn't sound logical that I will need to install it manually on all platforms. Is there a way to simply include it with Android?

Martin

read again:

then it will download and install the module during the initial install of your addon.
I read it and I am not trying to be difficult, I just want to understand it. If I add that line to the addon.xml won't it eventually get downloaded unnecessarily on all platforms and also mean I have to install it manually do on all platforms right now?

Martin
(2014-02-22, 18:44)emveepee Wrote: I read it and I am not trying to be difficult, I just want to understand it. If I add that line to the addon.xml won't it eventually get downloaded unnecessarily on all platforms and also mean I have to install it manually do on all platforms right now?

Martin

If you're worried about only using the import on a specific platform, why not use the "optional" tag. This will only install the dependency when/if the addon needs it, not when it is installed. If the other platforms never actually use it it won't be downloaded. Found this here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Cimport.3E Also, just kind of nitpicking here, but it isn't like the simplejson module is unpopular. Odds are lots of other addons are going to be pulling it in anyway.

You also don't have to manually install it on all platforms, why would you if the import automatically downloads it when needed?
optional doesn't seem to work like it should or was intended for scripts
(2014-02-22, 19:28)robweber Wrote: You also don't have to manually install it on all platforms, why would you if the import automatically downloads it when needed?

Thanks, if it is on-demand that is fine.since I used the reference code earlier in this thread and it won't even be called. I assumed I'd get the dependencies not met error.. Optional does seem to be what I'd want. I am doing raw OS/XBMC installs on sdcard two or three times a days on the iMX6 platform I will see on me next built how this works.

Martin
It's not on demand. If you import it then you need to specify it as a dependency regardless of platform.

If it's not needed on one platform but is needed on another then there's a completely different problem to solve.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Notice to addon devs3