Bad video playback quality on Mac OS X
The OPS problem might also be external GPU specific (depending on the used mac) - the fullscreen -> window -> fullscreen toggle would reveil that.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
it's a mac mini with intel graphics... and the video in question play fine on it with other players...

I just have to find a sample that shows this behaviour that i can share with you guys.
(2014-02-24, 20:25)Lemmy Wrote: it's a mac mini with intel graphics... and the video in question play fine on it with other players...

I just have to find a sample that shows this behaviour that i can share with you guys.

With the mkv's you can use mkvtoolnix to make a short clip of one of the problem sections.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I have put two sample files of around 15 seconds each at this url:
https://cloud.eregion.de/public.php?serv...a87fb72e8e
anyone got any hints for me here?
This is the exact same issue I am experiencing. If you launch XBMC in full screen mode the colors are reduced and everything looks horrible:

Then if I change to windowed mode, close the program, reopen it, and then go fullscreen it is all fixed:

watch gallery

This appears to be limited to computers with an integrated Intel GPU.

My system:

OS X 10.9.2
2.2 Ghz Intel i7
16 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
I suggest using a program like Clean My Mac to completely uninstall XBMC, then reinstall the latest build. You will lose any plugins and playlists etc, but this way you know that everything is 'clean' and nothing will conflict. Same thing happened to me when I upgraded from Eden to Gotham; 10-bit anime looked and played as it did for you (even tried the same movie you showed in the OP), as well as I got no options for advanced audio out (AC3/DTS passthrough) and FLAC audio in MKVs would crash XBMC. After I did a "Clean" install, 10-bit anime and FLAC worked 100% no matter the shaders or decoding methods used.
the latest build, i.e. XBMC 13.0 beta 3, doesn't even work properly on my mac mini before i even start watching a video.
I cleaned my mac, and reinstalled XBMC 12.3, didn't help.
move away your userdata (wiki) folder
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
again?
did that already, didnt help.
After you switched back from 13 to 12.3 too?
For me the problem has gone away completely after upgrading to the 13.0 release.
Meanwhile, the shading issue depicted in post #14 of this thread is unchanged in Gotham GM. This affects the Blu-rays for many episodes of Game of Thrones, Cleopatra, and many other Blu-rays. In Game of Thrones, it is usually just momentary, it will appear as depicted for 1 second and then that's it. In Cleopatra 50th Anniversary BD, it is absolutely rampant, most of the movie is unwatchable. These are unmodified backups from the discs so people should be able to reproduce this easily. I can only imagine that this must have to do with the graphics processor in the Mac Mini (Oct 2012) as this bug would be a total showstopper if it were affecting a majority of the XBMC population.
Hey guys, I'm experiencing this issue in the 13.1 beta and after trying Plex Home Theatre I'm having the *exact same issue* that is fixed with the *exact same work-around* its definitely a systemic issue with all dual graphics-card macbook pros.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/8...-requests/
For the banding issue with dual-gpu macs:

The issue happens when XBMC upon launch triggers a switch to the discrete GPU.

If XBMC launches and it triggers the switch to the the discrete GPU, it starts in 16bit color.
If XBMC launches and the GPU has already been switched prior to xbmc's launch to the discrete GPU, say by manually switching it in energy saver or connecting an external display(which always forces a GPU switch) then it starts in 32bit color.

So if you 1.Connect MBP to HDTV and 2.Start XBMC, the issue is bypassed.

Now for the banding issue with 10bit anime:

I used to see this issue on older macs with older Intel graphics GMA950 in my case, where if you used CoreVideo as video output, 10bit anime would look fine, but if you used OpenGL as output, you'd get the horrible banding.

So it all depends on how old Lemmy's Intel GPU is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bad video playback quality on Mac OS X1