• 381(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2014-03-02, 02:16)torran1 Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 21:09)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 20:04)torran1 Wrote: Yea sorry, that's a typo, thanks for the response! I still cant seem to figure this one out, all the shortcuts paths are correct.

Torran
So, if you still have the problem, please post the content of your launchers.xml file. You may have done something wrong into your launcher configuration.

If i have made my pc games under the same file launcher what should the Launcher be? as it appears that this is the problem.
Thanks again
torran1
For .LNK files the application launcher is normally explorer.exe. But, If you activate the "Shortcuts (.lnk) support" option into advanced options of your file launcher, then, what either you will be indicated as application for your launcher, the .lnk files will be automatically started by explorer.exe. http://www.gwenael.org/Repository%20Arch...rial06.php
(2014-03-02, 04:12)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 02:16)torran1 Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 21:09)Angelscry Wrote: So, if you still have the problem, please post the content of your launchers.xml file. You may have done something wrong into your launcher configuration.

If i have made my pc games under the same file launcher what should the Launcher be? as it appears that this is the problem.
Thanks again
torran1
For .LNK files the application launcher is normally explorer.exe. But, If you activate the "Shortcuts (.lnk) support" option into advanced options of your file launcher, then, what either you will be indicated as application for your launcher, the .lnk files will be automatically started by explorer.exe. http://www.gwenael.org/Repository%20Arch...rial06.php

That worked Angelscry, thanks for your help i appreciate that, cheers Big Grin
I'm sorry if this is an amatuerish question, but I can't figure out how to configure ScummVM in Advanced Launcher under Windows. The guide only contains information for configuring Linux. I've looked everywhere and can't find any information. The problem is, ScummVM doesn't use extensions to open roms--it uses directories. I've tried using shortcut links to the directories, but that hasn't worked. Any advise?
(2014-03-03, 22:21)russianheman Wrote: I'm sorry if this is an amatuerish question, but I can't figure out how to configure ScummVM in Advanced Launcher under Windows. The guide only contains information for configuring Linux. I've looked everywhere and can't find any information. The problem is, ScummVM doesn't use extensions to open roms--it uses directories. I've tried using shortcut links to the directories, but that hasn't worked. Any advise?
You can create a fake files with an unique extension (for example name_of_the_game.scu) and copy paste these files into each game root directory. Then into Advanced Launcher setup your files launcher like this :

Application: /path/where/is/scumm/scummvm.exe
Argument: -f "%rompath%"
Extension: scu

Then instead of starting a command like like this :
Code:
/path/where/is/scumm/scummvm.exe -f "/path/to/the/game/name_of_the_game.scu"

Advanced Launcher will start a command line like this :
Code:
/path/where/is/scumm/scummvm.exe -f "/path/to/the/game"
I created and renamed txt files and changed their extensions. Advanced Launcher now is able to import the games, but they will not launch. When selected, the cmd screen flashes real quick, but ScummVM does not launch. I give up. I'll just have Advanced Launcher launch ScummVm, and use ScummV's GUI to load the games.
(2014-03-03, 23:09)russianheman Wrote: I created and renamed txt files and changed their extensions. Advanced Launcher now is able to import the games, but they will not launch. When selected, the cmd screen flashes real quick, but ScummVM does not launch. I give up. I'll just have Advanced Launcher launch ScummVm, and use ScummV's GUI to load the games.
Ouppps... I think with this ScummVM the argument must be the name of the game as it is recognized by ScummVM... but not be the real name or the folder path : http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewv...iew=markup

For example for Maniac Mansion the fake filename must be maniac.scu and not Maniac Mansion.scu.

And so the the launcher setup must be more like this :

Application: C:\Games\LucasArts\scummvm.exe
Argument: -f -p"%rompath%" %romname%
Extension: scu
YES! You are amazing! That worked like a charm! Can we get these parameters added to the Wiki page or ScummVM?
i can install a snes emulator but can not get the app to recognize my snes roms are nowhere to find/link
Angels, i think gamefaqs addon with problems again! i can't download cover (not found cover) and infos.... you can verify plz?
Good evening!

First of all, thank you for that great addon! As I couldn't get RCB working like I wanted, I tried your program and it works flawlessly Smile

My only question currently is; is it possible to modify the XML files in such a way, that I can use 2 different pictures for the game description? e.g. here in the SNES section i have 1 cover, but the background picture is the same as the thumbnail picture. As I would like to use 1 screenshot for the thumbnail, and 1 fanart picture for the background, I was asking myself if there were some options for that?

I tried to get some information via the search option but I couldn't find anything in the 380 pages (unfortunately didn't know which kind of option I exactly should search for... ), so I hope you maybe can help me...

rgds, silver
Version 2.3.0 : This new version of Advanced Launcher add a new kind of launcher : Query Launcher. This new feature allows you to simply create a launcher for an Advanced Launcher search engine query.

For example if you want the create a launcher that will contain all the game related to Mario. Go into Advanced Launcher context menu > Add New Launcher > Query Launcher > By Tilte > Enter Mario > Enter the name of the launcher > Select a thumbnail path (facultative) > and finally select a fanart path (facultative). You can create a Query Launcher from title, Release Date, Platform, Studio and Genre fields.

This new version of Advanced Launcher also bring som fixes for launchers and items fanart image message display

Changelog :
  • Add a queries launcher creation.
  • Fix message display for launchers fanart image change.
  • Fix message display for items fanart image change

(2014-03-05, 04:08)russianheman Wrote: YES! You are amazing! That worked like a charm! Can we get these parameters added to the Wiki page or ScummVM?
WIKI contribution is open. Feel free to add them.

(2014-03-06, 19:55)noiz13 Wrote: i can install a snes emulator but can not get the app to recognize my snes roms are nowhere to find/link
Which snes emulator are you talking about? On which operating system? Can you post your launchers.xml file (using pastebin service) to see what is wrong with your setup?

(2014-03-08, 00:31)silverscar Wrote: Good evening!

First of all, thank you for that great addon! As I couldn't get RCB working like I wanted, I tried your program and it works flawlessly Smile

My only question currently is; is it possible to modify the XML files in such a way, that I can use 2 different pictures for the game description? e.g. here in the SNES section i have 1 cover, but the background picture is the same as the thumbnail picture. As I would like to use 1 screenshot for the thumbnail, and 1 fanart picture for the background, I was asking myself if there were some options for that?

I tried to get some information via the search option but I couldn't find anything in the 380 pages (unfortunately didn't know which kind of option I exactly should search for... ), so I hope you maybe can help me...

rgds, silver
You have the possiblity to define for each item an Extra-fanarts path (Item's context menu > Advanced Modification > Change Extra-fanarts path). This path could be used to display alternative fanart image. But the skin must support this feature for the XBMC Programs section... and I think that Cirrus Extended V2 is the only skin that actually may support it.
Version 2.3.1 : This new version of Advanced Launcher simply fix the GameFAQs thumbs and fanarts scrapers.

Changelog :
  • Fix GameFAQs thumbs and fanarts scrapers.
Version 2.3.2 : This new version of Advanced Launcher fix a thumb and fanart link creation bug for categories, launchers and items.

Changelog :
  • Fix thumb and fanart link creation for categories, launchers and items.
(2014-03-08, 15:46)Angelscry Wrote: Version 2.3.2 : This new version of Advanced Launcher fix a thumb and fanart link creation bug for categories, launchers and items.

Changelog :
  • Fix thumb and fanart link creation for categories, launchers and items.

Angels, You're F@cking Awersome!!! Great JOB!!!!
Version 2.4.0 : This new version of Advanced Launcher bring a new kind of launcher : Favourite Launcher. You will now able to create launchers directly from any kind of XBMC favourites (movie, music, files, add-on, stream, etc...). So now you will be able to organise your favourites directly from Advanced Launcher.

For example, you can imagine to create a Spiderman named category in wich you will be able to add all kind of media (movies, audio, games, books, website) directly from XBMC media content favourites (movies, pictures, audio, series), from other add-on favourites (streams, roms), and/or from launchers (games, books, website, etc...).

This new feature just "break the XBMC walls" and allows you to organize/modify/regroup all your XBMC favourite stuff as you want !!!

Changelog :
  • Add XBMC favourite launchers creation.
  • 381(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24