Tvheadend Future
@giaur there is in the latest master.
I think the web interface does not work well if you are dealing with a lot of services. When I am trying to make a change to a service that is half way down the list somewhere, I try to scroll down, but often the interface freezes and jumps back up to the top of the list. I usually have to try several times to make a small change. It would be great if there was a better way of doing it, maybe command line or something.
@maranthont, when commenting on the state of the system it's usually best to check out master first. Plenty of stuff is also broken there, this is not one of them Wink

Oh, and generally, commenting on the UI generally goes over my head, as I'm not a UI dev (have I said that before?) and until someone steps forward and offers to help support the UI it will continue to remain very "functional" and not pretty.

Adam
(2014-03-18, 10:00)marathont Wrote: I think the web interface does not work well if you are dealing with a lot of services.
perhaps a time ago, current master works great with the introduction of pagination, search filters, the ability to disable autorefresh and so on. IMHO the web interface is fast to use and very functional now
(2014-03-18, 10:03)adamsutton Wrote: @maranthont, when commenting on the state of the system it's usually best to check out master first. Plenty of stuff is also broken there, this is not one of them Wink

Oh, and generally, commenting on the UI generally goes over my head, as I'm not a UI dev (have I said that before?) and until someone steps forward and offers to help support the UI it will continue to remain very "functional" and not pretty.

Adam

(2014-03-18, 10:18)joethefox Wrote:
(2014-03-18, 10:00)marathont Wrote: I think the web interface does not work well if you are dealing with a lot of services.
perhaps a time ago, current master works great with the introduction of pagination, search filters, the ability to disable autorefresh and so on. IMHO the web interface is fast to use and very functional now

Ok Thats great to hear. I will have to install that. Thanks.
(2014-03-18, 10:03)adamsutton Wrote: until someone steps forward and offers to help support the UI it will continue to remain very "functional" and not pretty.

Adam

Hi Adam,

I send you a PM and an email to offers to help for the web interface last week, but no answer from you.

I can support the current state of the web interface for bug fix. I can also provide a new streamlined web interface as proof-of-concept. I mean a configuration step by step.

I will wait for an answer.

Thank you.
@iharobike sorry I don't look at pms on here and I must have missed your email. Any help on the ui is greatly appreciated. Feel free to send a pr if you have a proof of concept mockup.
Adam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend Future0