Release XBMC 13.0 Gotham – The Beta 2 We Deserve
(2014-03-25, 06:02)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 18:12)ymca Wrote: Hi,
Wonderful work you are doing with this xbmc.

Why http://mpc-hc.org/ is perfect at displaying a smooth video & sound with any movie but when I try to watch the same movie on xbmc it has some problems with gitters in the sound (alpha & beta1 was the worst sound ever)?
and in video i think its working ok for now.
(in 13 it had many but the last version "beta2" is the best of Gotham. If I remember correct 12 had no problems with sound, still... not sure)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157000

Cheers.

Check your audio settings and check out: windows audio (wiki)

So... I guess I have found the problem Smile
I have lowered the "volume amplification" to "0" then the disturbance went away. Now I can hear it clear.

Maybe its a bug or just need to warn users when they use the amplifier that it can cause disturbance to the sound.

Now another problem is when clicking on a movie to watch its trailer but before clicking "movie information" if I want to go back there is no other option for that but the "Esc" key.
Also when watching a movie there is a need to click many times on the right mouse button to make the xbmc go to previous menu.

Cheers.
Just saw Beta 3 on the repository, hope it fixes the subtitle issue. Smile
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2014-03-29, 21:35)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Just saw Beta 3 on the repository, hope it fixes the subtitle issue. Smile
yeah,do you know where the changelog ?
(2014-03-30, 16:21)haicaoboi87 Wrote: yeah,do you know where the changelog ?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Gotham
(2014-03-30, 19:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-30, 16:21)haicaoboi87 Wrote: yeah,do you know where the changelog ?

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Gotham

thank
I have beta2 and did not know about any subtitle problem until I've installed beta3 on another computer.

There I saw when wanting to download subtitle there was no subtitle with a sync mark, but when searching the same subtitle with beta 2 it found the sync ones.

Very strange.
(2014-03-31, 13:23)ymca Wrote: I have beta2 and did not know about any subtitle problem until I've installed beta3 on another computer.

There I saw when wanting to download subtitle there was no subtitle with a sync mark, but when searching the same subtitle with beta 2 it found the sync ones.

Very strange.

Are you certain the subtitle search found subs matching the exact release and/or filename ? Surely this is a given, but just to be certain. I believe this is how the "sync" branding is matched.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-03-31, 19:14)pr0xZen Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 13:23)ymca Wrote: I have beta2 and did not know about any subtitle problem until I've installed beta3 on another computer.

Very strange.

Are you certain the subtitle search found subs matching the exact release and/or filename ? Surely this is a given, but just to be certain. I believe this is how the "sync" branding is matched.

At the beta2 it found 14 subs (including syncs).
At the beta3 it found 11 subs (no syncs).
Strange stuff. I'm seeing similar experience here. I didn't properly document, so just going according to memory - but I seem to remember getting more sync matches earlier - maybe by folder name? What seems to ruin it here is trailing tags in file names - as it (now) needs an exact file name match for "sync" labling.

Filename ending with HDTV.x264-C4TV.mkv - get sync match if present in search.
Filename ending with HDTV.x264-C4TV.[VTV].mkv - does not get sync match in search (Regardless wether folder does have the "trailing tag" or not).

Did they change the sync match search criteria? I've done some searching, but can't really find anything relevant.
What plugin are you using? I've tried OpenSubtitles.org , Podnapisi.net and Subscene.com - all seem to match up in the same manner.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
I don't know but I'm using "OpenSubtitles.org" plugin.
Also it reminded me of movies that will not appear in XBMC because of the movies name.
I have changed 1 movie that did not appear in my list & after name change it appeared.

It would have been better to let the user know that he has that movie and the movie needs name change because XBMC cannot find the DB on the net for it.

Also the ability to delete a file after user don't need it.
Do you see any subtitles on the list, that has an exact match to the filename? and if so - were these the same subs that gave you the "sync" tag earlier?

Debug logs with both successful and unsuccessful match would be very helpful. Without, we're mostly just guessing here.
This is beta 2
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=164399

This is beta3
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=164401
Beta3 log, line 367:
Code:
DEBUG: unable to load special://xbmc/language/TempSubtitle/langinfo.xml: Failed to open file at line 0
Not sure what is happened here - but something clearly went wrong. Anyone?
Can't use aeon nox or any other skin with beta 3 . I had aeon nox gotham on before I upgraded to beta 3 and it's not working properly . What could be the problem ?
Are the skins adapted for Beta3?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 Gotham – The Beta 2 We Deserve2