XBMC - Seamless Media/Gaming PC
(2014-04-03, 00:19)teeedubb Wrote: Yeah I think I setup AL as a file launcher (the one for emulators), with explorer.exe as the emulator and the bat/ahk script files as the roms, but I'd need to double check.

Probably best to get the vbs script from ROM collection browser, I've since modified the vbs script for my steam-launcher add on and can't tell you which version to use off the top of my head... Which reminds me I need to update my batch files as none of them will probably work now...

Forgive my n00bs here. I understand what you meant when you said "setup AL as a file launcher (the one for emulators), with explorer.exe as the emulator and the bat/ahk script files as the roms" but what did you mean by get the vbs script from ROM collection browser.

Thanks for your help on this. I have tried several ways to get my games to work in XBMC and have yet to get it working.

Hobs
Its bundled with the xbmc add on ROM collection browser. Download the add on and unzip it, from memory the vbs script is in the folder resources/scriptfiles. Copy the vbs script to where you want to keep it and update the game batch files to point to its location.
@ teedubb

I changed your code to start Battlefield 4 by changing the following:

set GAMEWorkingDir="C\Program Files (x86)\Orgin Games\Battlefield 4"
set GAMELauncheCmd="bf4.exe"

But what is the game process? You have it set to =RGSC.exe Is that for GFA ? Do i need to change it to =pbsvc.exe (its the only other .exe in the BF4 folder....

Hobs

(2014-04-03, 03:12)teeedubb Wrote: Its bundled with the xbmc add on ROM collection browser. Download the add on and unzip it, from memory the vbs script is in the folder resources/scriptfiles. Copy the vbs script to where you want to keep it and update the game batch files to point to its location.

Where in the scrip do i find the code to point it to that file? I didn't see it..

Also, where you have

set VBSLaunch=5appdata%\XBMC|userdata\script.steamlauncher\resources\LaunchXBMC.vbs

you have steam launcher in there. do i need to make a file for steam?

Hobs
(2014-04-04, 20:42)Hobs Wrote: @ teedubb

I changed your code to start Battlefield 4 by changing the following:

set GAMEWorkingDir="C\Program Files (x86)\Orgin Games\Battlefield 4"
set GAMELauncheCmd="bf4.exe"

But what is the game process? You have it set to =RGSC.exe Is that for GFA ? Do i need to change it to =pbsvc.exe (its the only other .exe in the BF4 folder....

Both those examples I posted are for games that use launchers - ie bf4 launches the battlelog (internet explorer.exe), and then from that you launch bf4. Youre probably best off to install auto hot key and use the ahk script on the first page - its alot simpler as it waits for a specific process to start (ie the game process that is started by the game launcher). If you want to use a batch file for bf4 you would need to add a extra step because bf4.exe launches iexplore.exe and iexplore.exe (battlelog) launches bf4.exe. (atleast it seems that way, I cant run bf4 to check because battlelog is telling me i need to update and origin is telling me bf4 is up to date...sigh)

Hobs

Quote:
(2014-04-03, 03:12)teeedubb Wrote: Its bundled with the xbmc add on ROM collection browser. Download the add on and unzip it, from memory the vbs script is in the folder resources/scriptfiles. Copy the vbs script to where you want to keep it and update the game batch files to point to its location.

Where in the scrip do i find the code to point it to that file? I didn't see it..

Also, where you have

set VBSLaunch=5appdata%\XBMC|userdata\script.steamlauncher\resources\LaunchXBMC.vbs

you have steam launcher in there. do i need to make a file for steam?

Hobs

Download the addon from here, you dont need to install it, just unzip it and copy LaunchXBMC.vbs to where you want to keep it, and update the above line with LaunchXBMC.vbs's new location.

http://romcollectionbrowser.googlecode.c...2.0.10.zip
(2013-12-16, 23:29)teeedubb Wrote: Save the script as "Battlefield 4.ahk", make any changes to file locations, install AutoHotKey and after installing it right click on the ahk file and select compile, youll end up with a file called "Battlefield 4.exe". I point advanced launcher to the directory full of similar .exe's. Yes it closes xbmc then restarts it when bf4 is exited.

Hey teeedubb

I finally got around to trying this. I was able to get AL to run BF4, but when I exit the game it just takes me back to the desktop. I double checked the run location for XBMC and it is correct.

Any ideas?

Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
#SingleInstance force
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir  C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4

Run, bf4_x86.exe

sleep, 2000

WinKill, XBMC
;Run %comspec% /c taskkill /f /im XBMC.exe

Process, Wait, bf4.exe
sleep 15000
Process, WaitClose, bf4.exe

Run %comspec% /c taskkill /f /im iexplore.exe

;WinKill, Origin
;WinKill, iexplore

Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" &

Hobs
Are you sure about the processes? You run bf4_x86.exe but are waiting for bf4.exe
(2014-05-04, 21:35)teeedubb Wrote: Are you sure about the processes? You run bf4_x86.exe but are waiting for bf4.exe

Yea I see that now. I change it to this but now when you exit the game it just takes you to the battle-log (explorer open). Then if you close explorer you cant open XBMC.

Thanks so much for your help...

Hobs

Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#SingleInstance force
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

Run, bf4_x86.exe

sleep, 2000

WinKill, XBMC

Process, Wait, bf4_x86.exe
sleep 15000
Process, WaitClose, bf4_x86.exe

Run %comspec% /c taskkill /f /im iexplore.exe

;WinKill, Origin
;WinKill, iexplore

Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe &
sounds like its stuck on waiting for bf4_x86.exe, check thats the right process by running task manager while game is running.
I changed it to this, and it still wont kill iexplore, but it takes me back to XBMC

Code:
#SingleInstance force

Run, bf4.exe

sleep, 2000

WinKill, XBMC

Process, Wait, bf4.exe
sleep 15000

WinKill, iexplore
;runwait, %COMSPEC% /C taskkill /f /im iexplore.exe /t

;WinKill, Origin
;WinKill, iexplore

In the task Manager under Processes it has iexplore.exe and iexplore.exe*32 listed.

I wrote a script to try to kill iexplore and this is what worked.

runwait, %COMSPEC% /C taskkill /f /im iexplore.exe /t

Hobs

Hobs
This may not be pretty but works

Code:
#SingleInstance force

Run, bf4.exe

sleep, 2000

WinKill, XBMC

Process, Wait, bf4.exe
sleep 15000

WinKill, iexplore
run %COMSPEC% /C taskkill  /im iexplore.exe /f
;WinKill, Origin
;WinKill, iexplore

Ah so it was the command to kill iexplorer. From memory I had problems with winkill and that's why I used taskkill..Huh

Oh well, glad you got it sorted.
I was trying to set it up for farcry3 also, but it hangs at closing uplay.

any ideas?

Code:
#SingleInstance force
SetWorkingDir  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Far Cry 3\bin

Run, FarCry3.exe

sleep, 2000

WinKill, XBMC

Process, Wait, FarCry3.exe
sleep 15000
Process, WaitClose, FarCry3.exe

WinKill, uplay
run %COMSPEC% /C taskkill  /im uplay.exe /f
;winKill, steam
;winKill, uplay