Gotham IMDB Tag in file name
(2014-04-18, 19:10)Tjoe70s Wrote: Thank you Piers. I'll give these consideration.

Is there any benefit to having individual movies in their own folder? I could see if I was going to have NFO files for each, it makes a nice place to keep them, but if it is just a single movie (no parts or series), is there any other reason? For instance, does it bother the scraper if some movies are in folders and some are not?

Terry

As long as the file has the correct name then, no, no reason other than user preference.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-04-18, 23:21)Piers Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 19:10)Tjoe70s Wrote: Is there any benefit to having individual movies in their own folder?

As long as the file has the correct name then, no, no reason other than user preference.

Be aware that if you plan to play with artwork like discart, etc, if you keep all your movies in only one folder, you will have fun getting your artwork right with the Artwork Downloader addon... (because it does not support prefixes for artwork (at least not that I know now). I don't have any idea if it's even planned to support it in a near future. So be careful when planning how you will do your setup. Personnaly, I have all my movies in only one folder and I manage to get my artwork work but with a lot of manual imports since Artwork Downloader do not like this way of working.
(2014-04-18, 23:42)LEDFan Wrote: Be aware that if you plan to play with artwork like discart, etc, if you keep all your movies in only one folder, you will have fun getting your artwork right with the Artwork Downloader addon... (because it does not support prefixes for artwork (at least not that I know now). I don't have any idea if it's even planned to support it in a near future. So be careful when planning how you will do your setup. Personnaly, I have all my movies in only one folder and I manage to get my artwork work but with a lot of manual imports since Artwork Downloader do not like this way of working.

On my test system, I have AEON NOX and using "4 Thumbs" info panel style, and I seem to have the same 4 pictures in the 4 thumb boxes no matter what movie I'm focused on. Is this what you mean?
(2014-04-18, 23:46)Tjoe70s Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 23:42)LEDFan Wrote: Be aware that if you plan to play with artwork like discart, etc, if you keep all your movies in only one folder, you will have fun getting your artwork right with the Artwork Downloader addon... (because it does not support prefixes for artwork (at least not that I know now). I don't have any idea if it's even planned to support it in a near future. So be careful when planning how you will do your setup. Personnaly, I have all my movies in only one folder and I manage to get my artwork work but with a lot of manual imports since Artwork Downloader do not like this way of working.

On my test system, I have AEON NOX and using "4 Thumbs" info panel style, and I seem to have the same 4 pictures in the 4 thumb boxes no matter what movie I'm focused on. Is this what you mean?

Check on your enabled add-ons if you have Artwork Downloader installed, from memory Aeon Nox does use it. In my opinion it's always best practice to have each title (film/tv show) in its own directory. Any artwork that is downloaded by external scripts will then be placed in that directory - imagine if you try and grab the cover.jpg for all your movies, attempting to do that using Artwork Downloader when all your movies are in the same directory is not going to go well.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks Piers. It turned out that after a couple of restarts of XBMC, that the artwork in those 4 corners sync'd up correctly.
And, I'm beginning to consider having a folder for each single movie (I already use folders for my collections.
Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham IMDB Tag in file name0