• 3(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-03-26, 16:52)steve4cr Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

As of today I now see 6 of the 7 I uploaded. When I tried to play the one that did not show on th web page it failed. MAybe a corrupted file. Will continue and report results.

Steve

Once a video is uploaded, it can take anywhere from mins to hours for the stream version to be available. I would still expect it to show up in the index, just produce a script error if you try to play it. If you load the video in the Google Player in a browser, you should get a "this video isn't ready yet" error. You can still technically download the video. If I can figure out what tell-tale signs they put on the entry to detect this, I can present advise the user of the situation and still allow them to play the download file (non-stream).
I have been testing your gdrive for a little while now and today decided on trying out the repo. Unfortunately when I try to install from the repo, it starts to, but then the 'installing' bit disappears.

Would there be any reason why I cannot install gdrive (and firedrive) from scratch via your repo? I am using 12.3 Frodo at the moment on a Linux machine.

Oh, and in my changelog, I'm getting errors like this:

Code:
04:13:40 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
04:13:40 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: Reconnect, (re)try 1
04:13:40 T:2907691840   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
04:13:40 T:2907691840   ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/me/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.gdrive-0.3.2.zip>. trying lower case </home/me/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.gdrive-0.3.2.zip>
04:13:40 T:2943351616  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
04:13:42 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
04:13:42 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: Reconnect, (re)try 1
04:13:43 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
04:13:43 T:2907691840   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
04:13:43 T:2907691840   ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/me/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.firedrive-0.1.0.zip>. trying lower case </home/me/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.firedrive-0.1.0.zip>
04:13:43 T:2943351616  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
(2014-03-27, 11:58)xbmcwayist Wrote: I have been testing your gdrive for a little while now and today decided on trying out the repo. Unfortunately when I try to install from the repo, it starts to, but then the 'installing' bit disappears.

Would there be any reason why I cannot install gdrive (and firedrive) from scratch via your repo? I am using 12.3 Frodo at the moment on a Linux machine.

Oh, and in my changelog, I'm getting errors like this:

Code:
04:13:40 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: Reconnect, (re)try 1
04:13:40 T:2907691840   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
04:13:40 T:2907691840   ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/me/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.gdrive-0.3.2.zip>. trying lower case </home/me/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.gdrive-0.3.2.zip>
04:13:40 T:2943351616  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
04:13:42 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
04:13:42 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: Reconnect, (re)try 1
04:13:43 T:2907691840 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
04:13:43 T:2907691840   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
04:13:43 T:2907691840   ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </home/me/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.firedrive-0.1.0.zip>. trying lower case </home/me/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.firedrive-0.1.0.zip>
04:13:43 T:2943351616  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Thx for pointing it out. I had a real hard time even creating the repository as the wiki docs are out of date, and many (all) of the sample repos are dead.

i debugged the issue you encountered and I figured out what was going on. It is expecting a directory on the repo server (which is there) but the directory has the files for the addon whereas it expects only a zip file within the directory. So the issue is server-side. I made the change necessary and tested on my local XBMC install (I just renamed ~/.xbmc so that it regenerated a fresh xbmc, where I installed the repo and was able to successfully install each of the plugins.

Thx for the post. It should be working for you now.
(2014-03-28, 04:02)dmdsoftware Wrote: Thx for pointing it out. I had a real hard time even creating the repository as the wiki docs are out of date, and many (all) of the sample repos are dead.

i debugged the issue you encountered and I figured out what was going on. It is expecting a directory on the repo server (which is there) but the directory has the files for the addon whereas it expects only a zip file within the directory. So the issue is server-side. I made the change necessary and tested on my local XBMC install (I just renamed ~/.xbmc so that it regenerated a fresh xbmc, where I installed the repo and was able to successfully install each of the plugins.

Oh good to hear. Glad you were able to get it figured.

I tried it myself and it worked just fine as well.

On another note, I am wondering if it would be possible to change the resolution you want for the videos in the addon settings menu, which would be a universal one, rather than have the option of a few different ones each time you click on a movie. I only ask this as when you click a file to play, even a short little clip, it always asks me to choose which resolution I want. If I could just set a certain resolution in the addon settings it would be done.
(2014-03-28, 09:42)xbmcwayist Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 04:02)dmdsoftware Wrote: Thx for pointing it out. I had a real hard time even creating the repository as the wiki docs are out of date, and many (all) of the sample repos are dead.

Oh good to hear. Glad you were able to get it figured.

I tried it myself and it worked just fine as well.

On another note, I am wondering if it would be possible to change the resolution you want for the videos in the addon settings menu, which would be a universal one, rather than have the option of a few different ones each time you click on a movie. I only ask this as when you click a file to play, even a short little clip, it always asks me to choose which resolution I want. If I could just set a certain resolution in the addon settings it would be done.

If you uncheck Force Prompt for Quality, it will automatically select the appropriate resolution based on the settings you select under Playback in settings.
(2014-03-28, 16:58)dmdsoftware Wrote: If you uncheck Force Prompt for Quality, it will automatically select the appropriate resolution based on the settings you select under Playback in settings.

Wow. I never saw that there was already an option. My settings have been the same since before you added the extra resolution options, so I never bothered to look again. Anyway, sorry about that. Thanks for letting me know.
ok
Please need help

How can we stream video from gdrive in livestream but can keep the same quality video and sound (ac3 or DTS)
Thank you.

PS: I can stream video in livestream in form :
<link>plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&amp;url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/preview
</link>
I got same quality video (HD720) but the sound is AAC 2.0
Hi, first off I would like to thank you for your work on this and your other addons, very much appreciated.

My question is this- When using .strm files to add videos from my gdrive account to the xbmc library, the video title that xbmc shows for all videos is videoplayback, which makes xbmc subtitles search for subs for "videoplayback" which of course doesn't find anything. Is there an argument that can be added to the plugin:// line to pass the proper movie title to xbmc? or any other way around this?

Edit: Also I should mention Im using mode=streamVideo. I tried memorycache but get one or more items failed to play, using a Pivos Xios DS running XBMC 12.2 Linux firmware.

Thanks
St00
(2014-04-20, 22:42)loftusdr Wrote: Please need help

How can we stream video from gdrive in livestream but can keep the same quality video and sound (ac3 or DTS)
Thank you.

PS: I can stream video in livestream in form :
<link>plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=streamURL&amp;url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/preview
</link>
I got same quality video (HD720) but the sound is AAC 2.0

Is there a public-sample file that you have in AC3/DTS that playsback via stream with AAC? If you have one, you can PM it.

(2014-04-22, 10:04)St00 Wrote: Hi, first off I would like to thank you for your work on this and your other addons, very much appreciated.

My question is this- When using .strm files to add videos from my gdrive account to the xbmc library, the video title that xbmc shows for all videos is videoplayback, which makes xbmc subtitles search for subs for "videoplayback" which of course doesn't find anything. Is there an argument that can be added to the plugin:// line to pass the proper movie title to xbmc? or any other way around this?

Edit: Also I should mention Im using mode=streamVideo. I tried memorycache but get one or more items failed to play, using a Pivos Xios DS running XBMC 12.2 Linux firmware.

Thanks
St00

How about if it displays the filename that is associated with it in google drive?
(2014-04-25, 04:12)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 10:04)St00 Wrote: Hi, first off I would like to thank you for your work on this and your other addons, very much appreciated.

Thanks
St00

How about if it displays the filename that is associated with it in google drive?

Yes that would work just dandy..

St00
Dear,
   I would like to help, I'm using GDrive + XBMC.MyLibrary to add the content I have on my googledrive to my library of more transparent, howevxer found a problem, when I run the content in this bliboteca does not migrate the file name , is only "playback" and thus it is impossible to find subtitles.
   Would someone help me?

Thanks for this addon! I like it perfect!

The address is passed to xbmc through the .Strm file is this:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/?mode=streamVideo&title=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S03E01.mp4

Is there a way to force refresh what the gdrive plugin sees on my google drive? I upload something and I can see it immediately there on the web but it seems like forever until the plugin sees it as well. Restarting isn't even working.
(2014-05-28, 14:36)stickemup Wrote: Is there a way to force refresh what the gdrive plugin sees on my google drive? I upload something and I can see it immediately there on the web but it seems like forever until the plugin sees it as well. Restarting isn't even working.

The pluggin doesn't actually cache the entries (at this point anyways). What you are seeing is that the videos you have uploaded have not yet been processed by Google. They will show up in your Google Drive account online, but they are not considered videos at this stage. If you click on them, they'll tell you playback is not possible yet as they have not been processed. You may only download the video. It can take minutes, hours or days for a video to be processed. Once google processes it, it becomes available to stream. At this point, the plugin will see it as a video.

I normally only display files that are marked as videos or audio (that are playable), so as to hide non-playable content like documents and spreadsheets. If a compromise that is acceptable to, I could try to identify these videos that are not yet payable and display them to the user with a caption to indicate that the video may only been playbacked back through disk/memory cache (not streamed). Sounds good?
(2014-05-29, 18:38)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-05-28, 14:36)stickemup Wrote: Is there a way to force refresh what the gdrive plugin sees on my google drive? I upload something and I can see it immediately there on the web but it seems like forever until the plugin sees it as well. Restarting isn't even working.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know Google themselves were processing the file. If they aren't playable as a stream I'm not really concerned with them showing up, but it might work for people that use disk/memory cache.

I'm also using this with XBMC.MyLibrary and am having the same problem where the playing files name shows as videoplayback instead of its file name. You mentioned using the file name to display the correct info. Is it going to show the info for the file-name of the .strm file I have made, or the Google drive file name? Once that is fixed I not only have a backup of my library, my mobile devices and laptops now have what is essentially like Plex's cloud sync.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12